Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-2015, 07:45 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Satie12 at standard level
Default Satie's MY01 WRX

Hi all,

been Lurking about this forum for a while now. I've been reading up on multiple 'Your Driveway' threads and have decided why not do one of my own

I purchased My 01 Wrx last year in March! Un-molested, low km's and couple of mods . I remember driving her home the afternoon I brought her and all I can say is.. I couldn't stop smiling!

From there I left it in is 'relatively' stock form until I had a taste of the modding bug first came small little mods (gauges, BOV, CAI) as I was on a tight budget.. but a little over a year later was when bigger and better things started coming into play!

Current Mods:
- 3 Inch Ultrex cat-less drift spec TBE (really loud!)
- Cat-less up-pipe
- Short Ram intake with a A'pexi pod filter
- STi TopMount
- Xtreme HD Clutch Kit
- Mishimoto 3 core ally Radiator with Pink STi silicon hose kit

I'm currently in the process of a turbo upgrade! Vf-34 sounds like a good upgrade which i'll hopefully see in a few weeks!
Sitting there awaiting it's install is also STi pinks, 255l/ph walbro fuel pump, Silicon turbo inlet pipe
and a grimspeed 3 port boost solenoid on it's way!!

I'll be giving Sean at ASG a visit for a Verso Flash tune in hopefully 3-4 weeks! hoping to see good numbers with great top end power all within a safe tune as it's my DD. (hoping the good old 5 speed will stay in tack haha)

Future plans for the wrx.. I will be converting it to a STi
- 6 speed conversion
- Whiteline adjustable sway bars with HD end links (near future)
- Super low king springs
- Now rotors and brake pads all around
- new tyres possibly some kumhos
- mainly aiming for the gearbox and suspension set up, possibly a EJ207 later down the track! (much later!)

Look forward to developing this beauty into a dream!
thanks for all the great info and this awesome forum have alot more learning/reading to do!
will post up pics of the tune and dyno graph once tuned!

Cheers for reading!
Satie.
Attached Thumbnails
subie 2.jpg   subie ass.jpg   ass.jpg   brand new.jpg   side.jpg  

Old 20-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Prepare for a significant spend of coin over a long period of time if you are committing to it, trust me on this. My 6 speed conversion alone, cost about $6k done fairly properly, R180 rear, diff, 6 speed fly & clutch etc. Let alone the Brembo's f/r (new rims to clear them too), fancy rotors, pads, coilovers, suspension bits, turbo, exhaust, tune, defi cluster, sti steering wheel, on and on and on .. and on. For the price of these cars now, I can assure you, you will drop the price of the car into it + more to convert it, and then some.

When your dropping that kind of coin into it, make no mistake, you won't get any of it back. You're doing it purely for yourself and because you want to.

As badass as it looks, I recommend you lose the tint on the tail lights to avoid a yellow which would be fast approaching.

Having mainly converted my MY01 bugeye to an STI, it's a fairly long and costly project. All I have really is a the 207 short motor. I am just waiting for the 205 to say no more, so I can build a short engine. Problem is I maintain it too well, so it just keeps going.

Good luck if you can see it through though. If you can't or are uncertain, sell it and buy a worked STI straight up. If you want to build it how you want, then proceed.

This is my build thread, might help you and save you some pain. Yes, I am still modifying it.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/your-dri...01-wrx-**.html
TROLLEY and nick73 like this.

Last edited by RichX; 20-04-2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Yeah it's all currently a working progress but i'm pretty certain I want to go through with the STI conversion! I think it would be a great experience! but a lot of saving to do Haha
Really appreciate you're help!

p.s just waiting for the tint to fade on the lights.. I've had to many close calls with the law about the tint haha!
Old 20-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

As Rich said, you are much better off selling and picking up a neat, 02 STI.

Much better platform to begin with rather than trying to bring the Wrx up to sti spec.

It's a very costly venture.

VF34 is great for response and top end, either that or a second hand VF35 (GD sti snail) response is just silly although limited top end.

Maybe a few shades less of night shade on the rear tail lights but otherwise good plans and tidy bug 👌

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Master D, mitchwnz and dnbosiris like this.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:26 PM
STI Master

dnbosiris at standard level

02 STi ftw :thumbup:
Old 20-04-2015, 08:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haha I've refrained from using 'nite shade' now to many close calls lol

It's something that I'm considering over time either converting to an STi or straight out buying a Nice bug Sti. Something I need to have a good think about for the future! But ATM I'm just going to enjoy her and her future HP

thanks for the info/input dude! appreciate it!
Old 20-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Allan View Post

Much better platform to begin with rather than trying to bring the Wrx up to sti spec. It's a very costly venture.
It is, to build the WRX up and surpass the base STI in all areas, and more, take a lot. I've driven a stock 2002 STI, and I know where my money has gone.

Don't get me wrong, i've thoroughly enjoyed getting mine where it is today, despite the cash. I don't even care about that shit. I haven't added it up, and never will. I have all the receipts. I've learned a shitload, and it's just mental to drive on the street.

Comes down to having a passion for these cars as most of us do on this forum. STI or not, in the end we all spend our hard earned on them at the end of the day.

TROLLEY likes this.
Old 20-04-2015, 08:37 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
It is, to build the WRX up and surpass the base STI in all areas, and more, take a lot. I've driven a stock 2002 STI, and I know where my money has gone.

Don't get me wrong, i've thoroughly enjoyed getting mine where it is today, despite the cash. I don't even care about that shit. I haven't added it up, and never will. I have all the receipts. I've learned a shitload, and it's just mental to drive on the street.

Comes down to having a passion for these cars as most of us do on this forum. STI or not, in the end we all spend our hard earned on them at the end of the day.

Couldn't have put it any better RichX! one big learning curve!
Old 25-04-2015, 06:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bit of and update..

Thought I Had a bit of a head gasket scare! Basically was loosing coolant without any leaks and as I have already bypassed my heater core it had lead me to believe possibly I had done the head gasket! Went through all possibilities before jumping to the worse possible scenario and found my return hose clamp had come a little loose from when I swapped to silicon and was leaking coolant under pressure! (biggest sigh of relief!)

On a even brighter note just picked up my 255 Walbro fuel pump curtsy of Evolution R and just received my Grimspeed 3 port boost solenoid! now just waiting on a silicon inlet pipe and my new turbo and off for a tune!

Have decided instead of ASG I will be taking my car to Evolution R for a tune, mainly the fact that I have dealt more with Mao than any other workshop, and find all his info very helpful.

will keep you posted on the tune results
Attached Thumbnails
grimspeed 3 port.jpg   Walbro.jpg  

Last edited by Satie12; 25-04-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ok tune is booked in for the 23rd of may. I've been collecting up some pretty kick ass parts the last couple weeks! will be getting a silicon inlet next week to hopefully make the turbo conversion a little easier!

Plan is to do the fuel pump and inlet the weekend prior the tune as from what I hear the silicon inlet is pain in the ass to do! and then the Friday night before the tune will be the turbo, injectors and boost solenoid!

pictures to follow for the turbo upgrade!
Attached Thumbnails
subaru mods.jpg  

Tags
my01, satie, wrx