Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2015, 10:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

zver333 at standard level

Those vids came out really well, good work Jez!
Old 09-05-2015, 10:40 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level

Yeh nice one mate just watched the vids look forward to part 3...
Old 09-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level
Default 99 Liberty RX - a DIY daily

Figured it was time for an update to this DIY project.

I gave up with the whole video thing, wasn't really worth the time to edit it all.

Got the head gasket and clutch sorted, but found that the transfer case kept popping into neutral by itself. Ended up just disconnecting the dual range cable and just securing it in place permanently for normal driving.

Have been using the car as a daily since. It's had a clunk coming on and off throttle for ages, but I assumed it was to do with the shonky gearbox popping out of gear.

The other day I decided to actually get underneath the car and check out what was actually happening, and I discovered that every time the rear wheels were moved etc, that the rear diff was actually just bouncing around. The mounting bushes were flogged out and useless.

I promptly ordered a set of Whiteline ones from the MRT ebay shop, and they turned up within a day or 2. Not bad for $50.

Got stuck into the car yesterday, removing the rear diff and getting at the bushes.
Unfortunately for me, the old bushes are stuck good. I don't really have a socket big enough to hammer them out with, and the hammer doesn't seem to be big enough anyway!
So this morning I have dropped the rear subframe out completely, and am going to take it to someone to have the old bushes pressed out properly.

amtrapid likes this.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:17 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Figured it was time for an update to this DIY project.

I gave up with the whole video thing, wasn't really worth the time to edit it all.

Got the head gasket and clutch sorted, but found that the transfer case kept popping into neutral by itself. Ended up just disconnecting the dual range cable and just securing it in place permanently for normal driving.

Have been using the car as a daily since. It's had a clunk coming on and off throttle for ages, but I assumed it was to do with the shonky gearbox popping out of gear.

The other day I decided to actually get underneath the car and check out what was actually happening, and I discovered that every time the rear wheels were moved etc, that the rear diff was actually just bouncing around. The mounting bushes were flogged out and useless.

I promptly ordered a set of Whiteline ones from the MRT ebay shop, and they turned up within a day or 2. Not bad for $50.

Got stuck into the car yesterday, removing the rear diff and getting at the bushes.
Unfortunately for me, the old bushes are stuck good. I don't really have a socket big enough to hammer them out with, and the hammer doesn't seem to be big enough anyway!
So this morning I have dropped the rear subframe out completely, and am going to take it to someone to have the old bushes pressed out properly.

If you were closer bud id say come over and use my press but I dont think you would want to drive to Safety Bay just for that lol
Old 09-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Got it sorted with the press at my old mans down the road.

Have come back and found that I've bought the wrong bush kit... KDT905 instead of KDT906... that'll teach me for not checking!

I can still use these bushes where they are meant to go, but it means that I now have to wait for the other bushes to ship... and they're $70

Oh well!
Patch and amtrapid like this.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Ordered the other bushes Wednesday night, they were on my doorstep today. MRT run a decent shop! Now hopefully I can find the time over the weekend to bolt the rear end back in...
amtrapid likes this.

Tags
99, daily, diy, liberty, rx