Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-02-2017, 12:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

I figure it's a good way for me to keep track of my progress by updating my forum threads, plus it isn't a bad way for people to learn and adopt ideas to their own cars.

No point having all these photos, ideas and information and not share it around. To be honest forums are how I planned / learnt how I painted my brakes, painted my rocker cover and do various DIY stuff.
TROLLEY, Bob, Rslib72 and 1 others like this.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:58 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
I figure it's a good way for me to keep track of my progress by updating my forum threads, plus it isn't a bad way for people to learn and adopt ideas to their own cars.

No point having all these photos, ideas and information and not share it around. To be honest forums are how I planned / learnt how I painted my brakes, painted my rocker cover and do various DIY stuff.

DAM RIGHT.

Everybody should take a read of that statement and sit down and think 'OK, I am on this forum (or any other)...what can I do to help others? Or am I just here to read the solution I want; and leave. Or worse become a member, put down a post that drags another member into hours of constant discussion and explanation...and then bail and never even thank them!!

Or worse than that trash everyone's post.....or worse than that; take shots at a noob who tries to be humble and positive as he introduces himself and makes it clear that whilst very interested in the forum he is still way out of his depth 'technically' so apologies for the 'noobidity'. So you jump in and shoot down his choice of car. How do the next generation learn anything or grow up if that's you're 'welcoming words'? Otherwise you're unseen and a number of others here are decent people and are around commenting and encouraging and politely asking questions and supporting the place.

Share what stuff you are doing that you know, question respectfully what you have seen but don't agree with, and if neither of those apply then STFU. If anyone wants any help with car or to a lesser extent home audio (and I can see you have been active in the forum) then I'm retired. I got all the time in the world and I would like to help people. Gimme a query....you'll be surprised how easy it is to get a car stereo installed if you pay for the bits, bring some liquid refreshment l and don't mind a chat.

Impressive statement Dan. In all the forums I'm a member of I don't think I've heard someone really say that properly. If you are not here to have a decent chat or help others or just be positive then...well I'll let everyone else finish that sentence. It rhymes with 'yore a runt, cluck off'.

Peace

Sent by me.
Bob likes this.
Old 16-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

Huh?
Old 16-02-2017, 10:11 AM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

3am rants... I'll have what he's having.

Car is looking good Dan. OCD levels of cleanliness going on here
TROLLEY and Dan [GTI] like this.
Old 16-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

So wheels are finally back on the the car and the test drive was knock, bang and leak free so these struts seem to be in good health.

The colour didn't come out quite as expected but I do like them. In the shade they are a silver / grey but when in the sun they really pop with the metallic flake in the powdercoat.

I need to get a better colour match for the centre caps, but in the sun they are a near perfect match so not super high on my priority list.
nick73 likes this.
Old 19-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

So my OCD got the better of me and it was time once again to take the wheels off and do some painting... this week it has spent more time with the wheels off then on!

Very little prep needed as they were in near perfect condition so a quick wet'n'dry rub back and spray was all it took.

The finished product is great, nice contrast between the two colours compared to the last colour which just seemed like a bad paint match (which is sort of was).
TROLLEY likes this.
Old 20-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brett Allan knows their stuff

With all this painting, you could put Owen out of business!

Good work, silver/white combo is tasty!
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 20-02-2017, 01:11 PM
Subaru Tech Division

So all back together for hopefully the last time. Nice and clean, so time to push it back into the garage.

JRecardo likes this.
Old 30-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Scoobie Noobie

plusone at standard level
Send a message via MSN to plusone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [GTI] View Post
I weighed up hyrdo-dipping, painting or wrapping and I decided that a decent 3M wrap would be a good interim solution so jumped on some 3M Air Egress wrap...
I'm thinking of doing the same to my b interior trim pieces. Where did you end up getting the wrap from?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 31-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Some eBay seller in Brisbane. To be honest I will be getting it all re-done with Hyrdographics. The quote was around $250 - $300 for a carbon pattern and clear coat.

The wrap is still holding up fine and served their purpose of covering the worn dash trims, but the glossy carbon that Hydrographics offer make it seem much more authentic and less 'cheap'.

Tags
2001, dakdak, evo, my01, thread