Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Apexi Power FC Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Scoobie Noobie

rexmang at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Did you fail to notice this: "The ignition timing needs to be adjusted by someone who knows what they are doing."

With my mappings the timing is well under 30 degrees by 5psi (around 23 degrees actually - miles away from the det threshold on 98)
Yes I did notice that, but then you proceeded to give instructions which could toast an engine. Your map is one thing, the stuff you said after was another.

Quote:
13.8 at idle? because they always lean out with the A/c on, mine leans to 14.6 with the a/c on at idle. With the A/c on or off - it's locked into row 2 column 1 on the fuel map, and as you should know it locks the ignition to 13 degrees at idle as well.
Ive yet to have one car lean out with a/c on at idle. I dont know why your car does, but mine and the rest can hold 14.7-15.0 at idle with or without the a/c.
o2 feedback actually helps keep it stable, when your fuel map is scaled and set correctly, the function does a good job.

My post was not intended to start a shit storm, I was simply giving some advice that may save a motor in the future. The stock pfc map needs at least 7 deg taken out before any tuning should be started on 98ron on most setups.

No hate, just sharing information.
Old 27-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

You've been here for 5 years, this is your introduction?
munya and nick73 like this.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Anywhoo....... Long time lurker.......... The OP was based in Chile.

We chatted at length about his pfc, mapping (and what the RON of his local fuel was - 95 from memory?) & the risks if he fucked it up..

He had no option to go to a local tuner - because there simply wasn't one.

He pulled 15 degrees out of the entire map as a starting point & began working from there.

Last I heard his car was running fine with 1.4 bar of boost and a knock index maxing at 8 (off a new knock sensor) & with afr's of 11.1 at peak boost (off an innovate wideband).

Who knows how well it runs? The guy's happy though.

Not everyone is privileged enough to have AWD dynos at their disposal with tuner's who know Subaru - let alone know what a powerFC is.
munya likes this.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 27-02-2015, 09:28 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Quote:
and a knock index maxing at 8 (off a new knock sensor) & with afr's of 11.1 at peak boost (off an innovate wideband).
What does a knock index maxing at 8 mean? 8 knock detections over a certain period of time?

Tags
configure, fc, power, set