Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Play nice now kids...
Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shodown at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXqME View Post
Well i nominate myself as the employee of the day for friday (yesturday). First thing when we get to work we move all the carry over/ over night cars out of the workshop to commence our jobs. First mechanic moves an 1938 Chev which happens to stall and not start in the middle of the carpark (I though he was mucking around with the instruments) so i waited, manager comes out to me and says to me in a tone "What are you doing, just go around him" so i was like well, this is going to be a good day, in one of his shitty moods again and its only been 15mins into the day, so i saw i could go around the chev, needed to go full lock and started to reverse, well stupid fu*kn manager doesnt even move, his foot got caught under the wheel and pulled him down. Almost instantly he started to yell and scream so i thought sh*t he has broken bones for sure the way he was carrying on, call the ambo and he is off to hospital, so far found out he has no broken bones, possible ligament and tendon damage and some swelling.

While he was laying on the ground i just had to give him the comment "Told you that you should of giving me that payrise!"
He was too happy with that!
Farken LOL.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
Calm down princess.

It was more of a joke and largely exagerated. The job we need people to do is to scan a barcode then empty the contents of a bag into a bucket. They do this for 12hrs. If you get someone with intelligence they tend to zone out after about the second hour and make stupid mistakes. After a month when they have mastered the art of scanning and emptying they quit and I have to spend another month training someone new. Get your average joe off the street and they manage to keep themselves focused. Then once they are competant they hang around for a year or two allowing me to do my job instead of spending my day fixing other peoples mistakes. So yeah I do request people with no degrees or qualifications. It makes my job much easier and they are generally perform much better.

Are you telling me don't get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you sit in a circle laughing at the retard in the middle? Throwing them a bone to see if they will bark like a dog then chew it?

If you think we actually do that, I'd say you have been the tard in the circle many a time.
Maybe he's the retard in the middle?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Ok...here we go again....

All our vehicles have GPS in them. Tells me if the kids have been speeding, taking the long way home etc. We mainly use it to check their timesheets when we think someone is taking the piss or when we give someone commuter use of a vehicle to check whether they are using it on weekends.

So... A mate rings me yesterday and says he saw one of our trucks sitting outside the perth concert hall with the engine running and two people in it having their lunch when he went into his meeting. 20 minutes later when he comes out of his meeting they are still sitting there with the engine running having their lunch.....

So I checked the GPS. Turns out this is not a one off. So you start looking. Clearly they are having 30 minutes for smoko (and leaving the truck running the whole time aswell) everyday aswell.

Unfortunately I wont get to berate them because I would probably just fire them on the spot but HR girl is very much lets give them another chance. The labour market is not that tight at the moment in my opinion.

Brendon
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Wave good bye to them, next thing their mates will do the same because 'Fred Blogs' gets to do it etc etc.

There's a big difference in my books from someone taking a bit extra time because they have done a good job and then people taking the piss while the boss isn't looking.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Wow brendon, you seem to have nothing but drop kicks come and work for ya.

Granted, im all for long lunches, fuck off early fridays and what not but seriously..... Thats shockin.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

If they're getting another chance I'd drag them into the office and start hammering them with questions. Do they know what a GPS is? Do they know how it works? Do they know what it can tell you? Do they realize how small Perth is? I'd make them shit their pants and hopefully think twice before being slack bastards.

The downside to that is they may well decide to make your life difficult by being cunts until you fire them, and/or fuck your shit up and quit.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

I don't get it. Are you pissed for the 30min smoko or the truck is still running or both?

Is 30 mins too long for lunch? I'd be pissed that the truck is running, was this picked up in their fuel usage or is that too hard to gauge?
Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I'm pissed that effectively my truck has sat there idling for an hour a day and also that they have effectively stolen from me because they put 45 mins for breaks on their time sheets but they have taken an hour.

I could deal with 5 minutes here and there but every day is a bit much.

Its not such a bad thing to fire someone every now and again for being a retard to the gear or telling staff that so and so was let go because they lied on their timesheet. We find they pull their heads in and then slowly start taking more and more liberties. Get rid of someone and they are all back in line again.

Thankfully I dont have to deal with the day to day bullshit. I just have to pay for it.

Brendon
Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Ahh, I thought from your original post that they were taking 30mins for smoko not the hour you are pissed at.

Im a harsh prick on my employees but would still let them have 30mins for lunch!

The biggest problem with sacking people is thinking that you will get someone better. Luckily for me it's turned out better each time which makes the tears of the useless prick getting sacked even funnier.

Tags
day, don't like your job-quit and stop crying., employee, fuck the true australians, fukn skips and asians, fuktard, grammar police, hire cathy freeman, im here to show em how its done, lazy convicts - the true culture of australia, scoobygez complains about work, sif cathy works!, thread would be about scoobygez...if he worked!