Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Only hillarys, Ocean Reef & cockburn have launch & retrieve specific ramps AFAIK.

All others are 'courtesy' based, which doesn't work in this day & age of self important, impatient cockheads.

It's pretty simple logic really, if you pull up to launch & there's some one waiting to retrieve allow them to pull their boat out...there's no point in ramming your boat down their throats....

What shits me is people who launch & then tie up to the dock & fuck around for a 1/2 hour whilst getting organized to leave the ramp.....Use the Rigging area you cock!

When I used to fish the Bream tourney's we would have 30+ Bream boats waiting to be retrieved at the Matilda bay ramp, on average the retrieval time per boat was under 5 minutes per boat.

Simple method, drop your buddy off & let him get the car, back the trailer to submerge it, drive the boat on & attach the winch hook...drive out...Done. There's no need to tie up alongside the ramps dock.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 03-01-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Pic one was my case in point. I've always known it as Crawley Bay though.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

I've always just lined up with the car and trailer (with or without boat) and taken my turn. It takes about the same time to launch and retrieve my boat. I feel that the car and trailer holds your place in the queue, not how close your mate can get the boat to the launching ramp impatiently trying to jump the queue.

Definately there's a lot of ramp rage at deepwater point, most of the users there are skiers or wakeboarders that lauch and retrieve quickly, the cabin/fishing boats with drivers full of piss after a day's fishing are the ones who want to unload a tonne of crap from their boat while still sitting on the ramp. Or the dumasses old buggers that hand winch a 60kg dinghy the whole way up the trailer. Or worse still, spend 10 minutes setting up $60 supercheap electric winch for a boat you could push on the trailer if he would get the Magna back wheels wet!!!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Thats it... I need a boat. I need to partake in these shennanigans!

On the shit me point... c**nts doing 90-95kp/h on Wanneroo Rd / Perth - Lancelin road... in a legal 110 zone. Sigh. In fact... any dick driving well under the speed limit. (I dont mean 1-2 sorta deal - fudge factor for speedo's... etc).

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR View Post
Thats it... I need a boat. I need to partake in these shennanigans!

On the shit me point... c**nts doing 90-95kp/h on Wanneroo Rd / Perth - Lancelin road... in a legal 110 zone. Sigh. In fact... any dick driving well under the speed limit. (I dont mean 1-2 sorta deal - fudge factor for speedo's... etc).

Brent.
You can guarantee they'll do 70 in a fucking 80 zone too, seem to think they are saving the world by going slower when all the bastards do is cause frustration & accidents.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

Pricks that mangle your licence plates and bumper trying to flog your stock WA issued number plate, wish I still had my 121 bunky, I could go fishing without these dramas.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pablo668 at standard level

To the young(er than me) guys driving a white Liberty through Claremont town centre today (though I'm sure they don't frequent this site anyhoo).
1) Roundabouts are not chicanes on a race track
2) It's always good sense to slow down coming into congested areas with lots of pedestrians, you don't know if someone is actually going to be stupid and step out without looking
3) When you see pedestrians on the road ahead, slow the fuck down.
4) Don't yell at me unless you really are intent on starting something. This would also require you to stop the car and get out.
5) There is a time to be a hero-boy racer and a time to grow up. Shopping areas are a grow the fuck up zone.

Last edited by Pablo668; 04-01-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: I lack the spelling/proof reading gene.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

Pedestrians on the road? Unless there was a valid reason like they were running to stop a child from being stupid enough from walking out onto a road i'd be yelling at them too.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okibi View Post
Pedestrians on the road? Unless there was a valid reason like they were running to stop a child from being stupid enough from walking out onto a road i'd be yelling at them too.
My guess is he may be crossing a road in a retail/shop-front area and turds were driving too fast or just plain being dicks.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

nasty sti at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo668 View Post
To the young(er than me) guys driving a white Liberty through Claremont town centre today (though I'm sure they don't frequent this site anyhoo).
1) Roundabouts are not chicanes on a race track
2) It's always good sense to slow down coming into congested areas with lots of pedestrians, you don't know if someone is actually going to be stupid and step out without looking
3) When you see pedestrians on the road ahead, slow the fuck down.
4) Don't yell at me unless you really are intent on starting something. This wuld also require you to stop the car and get out.
5) There is a time to be a hero-boy racer and a time to grow up. Shopping areas are a grow the fuck up zone.
Number 1, hmmm not so sure..
The rest are too true,
Number 4 is my fave

Tags
grrrrr, things, v20