Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2008, 12:34 AM
STI Master

Splat_man at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Splat_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
lol ballsy driving a car like that with no insurance.
I would substitute ballsy for a different word.....
Old 26-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat_man
I would substitute ballsy for a different word.....
yeah I was being nice , It wont be cheaper for you if your rear end a 200k Merc etc.
Old 26-07-2008, 01:27 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan07
im not paying 7 grand for insurance per year, regardless if i can afford the car, it was my choice not to go with insurance.. it will b cheaper for me to fix the car then pay the insurance that money lmao... but the guy said hes gonna pay if not ill take him to court n thats it..
Your nuts to be driving around without insurance..! I can't see how you would have a 7k premium on insurance. When i insured my WRX at 17 in was only 2500ish per year.

You have to weigh up the cost of insurance vs the cost of an accident. Its amazing how expensive cars cost to get repaired. I was rear ended a few months back. Visibly not alot of damage and was only a light tap. Still cost 2.5k to repair.

Unfortunately is usually people like you who do runners as their not insured! I've been lucky enough that both times my car has been hit in car parks, someone has witnessed it and given me the details. I hope when my insurance company/police caught up with them they get charged or beaten with a stick!!!
Old 26-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

should not be allowed a licence without proper insurance, much like you have 3rd party health with current car rego.
Old 26-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Scoobie Noobie

5KYLIN3 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to 5KYLIN3

Driving without insurance is stupid mate. If you cant afford the insurance, you cant afford the car. My car (1993 Nissan R33 GTS Non-turbo) costs $2500 a year to insure, because no one knew what a Skyline is, the only company who would insure me was Just Car. They wouldnt let me put it in my dad's name, so I had to put it in mine. That was before I even got my license, would have fallen a bit now. You drive a WRX, every insurance company could insure that. You can put it in your parents name, save you a LOT of money, and you'll be a lot safer. Not to mention you could save yourself a life long debt. Up to you mate, but FUCK no insurance is dumb!

I paid $10k for my car and wouldnt drive without full comprehensive... Yours is worth a lot more... thats just stupid!
Old 26-07-2008, 01:49 AM
STI Master

JA50N at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan07
can you guys recommend any good panel beaters to go to so i can get a quote, 3 or 4 places? north of river preferable.
Mate, Benson @ BBK Automotive Refinishing - 0415371404.

He's SOR but the best. Quality > Travel distance.

Unlucky about your crash. Fuckwits + rain = never learn.

www.racetorque.com.au
www.anytimetowing.com.au
Old 26-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Tool. Get insured or buy something you can actually afford to own.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 26-07-2008, 03:12 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by werticusness
should not be allowed a licence without proper insurance, much like you have 3rd party health with current car rego.

yeah but... you should not be allowed a licence if you dont know how to drive. not seeing a stopped car in front of you i would classify as either clinically blind, in which case he should be walking with a guide dog, or, he cant drive (couldn't find brake pedal, didnt know his car has brakes etc etc) and should be taking public transport or a bicycle.

in saying that though, bojan07 is still crazy for not having at least 3rd party fire and theft or something similar. my g/f had a similar accident a while ago and even though she was rear ended and wasnt at fault, she got pushed forward and rear ended the car in front of her, a pile-up i believe its called, for which the insurance companies said she was responsible for (i was fuming.) now imagine if that had happened and you hit any number of expensive cars getting around these days. youre fubar. and another note, if the guy decided he couldnt be bothered making a claim, you'd have to take him to court etc etc and it would take months, but most isurance companies these days will actually chase it up for you, meaning you save on time and trouble. get 3rd party at least man
Old 26-07-2008, 03:19 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

put it under ur old mans name at least!!
Old 26-07-2008, 03:30 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Hey dude if you go through my old posts you'll find a tpoic I started when the same thing happened to me. Since he hit you you need to ring his insurance and talk to them. Its a mission and they will try and do it the cheapest way possible. The topic might be worth a read.

Also third party fire and theft is only $500 and even at 17 you would be able to find someone to insure it for $3000 max.
Jem now has her license and I told her she can't drive her wrx until she gets fully comp, there is no way we are going through all that bullshit again EVER. I also refuse to drive on the freeway during peak hour now.
Closed Thread

Tags
angry, soo