Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2008, 10:40 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzyrex1
Bojan,

Despite how harsh everyone is being to you they are giving you advice. Say for example you are driving down the road just like everyday and a bashed up commodore hits you and destroys your car. The other driver is pissed, so there is no insurance to fix your car. With both of you uninsured your in for the long haul, and yes you can take him to court but if he has no money you can't get blood out of a stone.
So where would that leave you?
At least get 3rd party, only like couple hundreds dollars. This is for other ppl's sake. Everyone makes mistakes.
Old 26-07-2008, 10:40 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

bojan07 at standard level

thanks ninja.. umm yeah ill get 3rd party, might even get comprehensive.. will see what happens.

Verso = 220hp, 17psi
Old 26-07-2008, 10:46 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

There are monthly payments as well now at just car. Works out to be 150-200dollars a month mate. Restrain yourself from going out for 1 week during the month, then bam, u have urself full comp. insurance

Harsh replies isnt going to help. Give him alternative options is wat u gotta give.

gl with ur car mate
Old 26-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojan07
yeah... thanks for advice but i think i'm entitled to decide if i want to get it insured or not, although it would be ideal and the right thing to do.. just costs so damn much, just got a quote from just car for 4 grand... is that not TOO much? lol this repair probz wont cost that much.. but thanks anyway for replies.. the driver said he will pay everything so we'll see what happens, ill give him a call today.

Well there is your problem right there bojan....just car is stupid expensive.... I'm 30 and have a clean record no accidents ever (touch wood) and they wanted to charge me $4000.... get quotes.

Its called a car accident... key word here is accident no one means it to happen whether they are driving well or like an idiot and in all honesty I wouldnt want an unisured P plate driver anywhere near me on a cruise. I can tell you right now if you have a blow out or driver error and hit my car and write it off you dont have the money to give it back to me.

The reason it pisses so many of us off is that you may well say yeh you will pay for repairs or pay for the car if its a write off but we would have wait til you got the money together, dont say we wouldnt because if you cant afford insurance you clearly dont have the money, and waiting for insurance to pay out is long enough let alone waiting for a 17 kid to get his shit together.

Rant over..... as far as quotes try west farmers they seem to be reasonable and from all reports they are good when it comes to claiming too.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Old 26-07-2008, 11:05 AM
STI Master

ninjawrx at standard level

Try HBF mate,

I have a bad record due to my younger years and they still insure me and and its the cheapest that i have found. I was suprised they would insure me especially because i live in Lockridge and drive a wrx.

My 98 wrx fully insured for $17,000 , in Locko and over they past 15yrs driving lost my licene 3+ times due to loss of points and i was honest about all offences to them and its only $800 per year.

I pay monthly and thats $75 a month

Give you a idea how good HBF are

Last edited by ninjawrx; 26-07-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 26-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

why don't you get a cheaper car? You have a 06 pignose from your icon, that isn't exactly cheap - you could get a gc8 wrx for under 20k and its a better car :P

or an 01 02 sti for under 30k!

in any case you MUST get 3rd party, it would be 200 a year or so. then you can crash into a pole and not have to come up with 15k for it or that porsche etc..

put it this way, that guy hit you in the arse, if you had then rolled into the car in front of you that would be YOUR fault, as you didn't leave enough gap :P Think about that.

Last edited by werticusness; 26-07-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 26-07-2008, 11:51 AM
STI Master

LegacyGT at standard level

insurance is overrated.

how many times has anyone ever made a claim or even got their money back from insurance premiums?
Old 26-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

Chaddy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Chaddy

At the risk of getting flammed I agree with Legacy...
I basically self insure myself, I only have 3rd party fire and theft which cost me a couple hundred a year. If I smash my car I'll buy another... end of story.
Old 26-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Sell your car and buy something you can afford.

Or at least get yourself third party insurance, it's only $200 or so. Clearly you didn't ring around and get quotes.
Old 26-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Mate people just get shitty because we all know what can happen out there.

tell me what happens now if this guy who hit you turns around and has no insurance and does not pay you. you have to drag him through court and he may pay you $5 a week. No one needs that stress

no one here would want that.
Closed Thread

Tags
angry, soo