Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-2012, 10:08 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

How high do u have ur floor? Up to the top of the beaver panel??
Old 18-03-2012, 12:59 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tris7an at standard level

Haha you said beaver : o

Ahum back on track......... I have no idea what a beaver panel is but if your refereeing to the raised metal in the boot near the rear seat then yes I put the floor about 4-5mm above that and leveled everything out floor isn't bolted in yet as I need to find out why to sound deaden floor or boot ??? Any one??? And trap door for my spare is going to be made soon but hopefully tonight I'll have one amp rack done ; ) will post up specs after I finish work

If any one has creative ideas or is keen to help out lemme know

I know sound but this fabrication stuff is tricky lol : s
Old 18-03-2012, 01:16 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

HA HA, "the Beaver panel isnt near the rear seat its the panel that your bumper sits flush to and also its home to your boot catch. sorry panel beater lingo.

oh so its only bout 100mm of the original floor?

mines about the same. instead of making a box for the subs im making a back wall.'this will bolt to the rear parcel shelf sub frame and then screw into my floor so the rear of the boot is "somewhat sealed". iv got the trap door made already. photos in my album if you wont to have a quick look. '

and yes anyone want to help with the sound deadening??
Old 18-03-2012, 02:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Your false floor kills mine haha I may ask you to help me out with that part lol if your keen

Looking good man feel free to post the pics up here if you want and people take note spence has done a false floor and looks the goods ; ) also how did you bolt it down I was just going to smash it with lots of screws lol
Old 18-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Sir AntiLag

ausyve at standard level

Great thread. Now you guys got me thinking. I have 2 x 12 type R's in a box that takes up the whole boot space. The box has been reinforced with fibreglass for that extra strength, but I'm sure it's a bit of an overkill. Might start measuring up my boot.
Keep the pics coming.
Old 18-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Did you make a box that just fits and is of a random dimension and volume, or did you use software to tell you what would suit the specs of your driver??

I'm assuming that given the size of this box that you will need to remove it from the boot first to gain access to the trap door? If so, how are you going to secure it?
Old 18-03-2012, 03:03 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Trap door will be accessible with out moving the box the box will be situated to the rear of the boot there will be three boxes or rather 1 box and two amp racks all will be revealed in time I will draw a quick design on illustrator tonight to give people the concept as no one sees my vision haha.

The amp racks and sub will be against the rear seat with just enough room for the trapdoor to be accessed the three boxes will be bolted to each other and to the false floor which will bolt to the boot ; )

This will all be covered with a false wall showing only the sub and two amps this will be black carpet and I will make up some pretty looking framework for the amps and sub and that will be flocked blue to match my interior ; )

Hope that helps.

And there is soft ware for sub making I spent a lot of time at SAE Perth doing my bachelor of audio so did the maybe myself but in the end I had to compromise some of the boxes shape for the amount of space left as the false floor took up room.
Old 18-03-2012, 03:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
Your false floor kills mine haha I may ask you to help me out with that part lol if your keen

Looking good man feel free to post the pics up here if you want and people take note spence has done a false floor and looks the goods ; ) also how did you bolt it down I was just going to smash it with lots of screws lol
im not able to just "screw" mine down, what i making at this time is "Walls" they will be joined at the underside of the floor. so each different cut of mdf will have its own room(if that makes sense). i will upload photos when i completely install it too my boot.

ausyve - i have two 12'' pioneers i had bout 1/2 a foot of space with them in the box now i will have bout 4.5 foot of room so i'm happy as larry.
Old 18-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

TOP THREAD: both installs should look amazing when you finish them ...

SADLY... this thread has inspired my mate to go and 'attempt' to do the very same. Go all DIY on his install... which will lead to his swift hospitalisation (i am almost certain).
TheDoctor likes this.
Old 18-03-2012, 04:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Spence at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [WRX CS Evo 7] View Post
TOP THREAD: both installs should look amazing when you finish them ...

SADLY... this thread has inspired my mate to go and 'attempt' to do the very same. Go all DIY on his install... which will lead to his swift hospitalisation (i am almost certain).
if thats the case dan DONT let him use powertools matter of fact NO tools at all

Tags
boot, diy, install