Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Evolution R
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Recent Standard Suspension STD R5 Coilovers installed in GD Bugeye STi.

Some install pics:

Standard Suspension STD R5 Coilovers supplied, installed and aligned @Evolution R:

Will post up more pics on recent installs in Subaru Impreza RX, Mitsubishi Evo 9 and Evo 6 TME shortly.
Old 13-12-2012, 08:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

zver333 at standard level
Default Impreza 2.0R STD R5s Cusco SB

Washed car and this time it stayed clean long enough to take a few pics. We've had interesting weather these last few days. I also got the extenders and they were very handy for the EOYB at RAC.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_9012.jpg   _MG_9058.jpg   _MG_9073.jpg   _MG_9074.jpg   _MG_9050.jpg  

Old 16-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

rosscotd105 at standard level

Hi Mao,

Loving the set-up You did for us on our Forester. After a few months of use I have a couple of questions for you.

You mention the spring rate can be customised, how much would it cost for a slightly softer rate set of springs? If the STD springs are 8Fr/6Rr kgs, what would the factory spring rates have been (would be good to get a benchmark).

You also mention that the valving can be changed, would this allow for more rebound damping on the lowest setting on the shock? This may negate the need for softer springs, on the softest setting the car absorbs rough surfaces but the lack of rebound damping on this setting makes it feel like it is bouncing around...

I look forward to your response, would be good to be able to tweak these to be better able to handle week day family duties and the odd track day outing by just increasing the compression with the shocks adjuster knob.

Cheers,

Ross.
Old 16-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Cheers for the pics. Looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zver333 View Post
Washed car and this time it stayed clean long enough to take a few pics. We've had interesting weather these last few days. I also got the extenders and they were very handy for the EOYB at RAC.
JDM rate are about the 3.8kg/mm and 3.2 kg/mm rear.

Softer springs will set you back $250 for all corners.

You are on the money with the damper settings. The shocks were not designed to go to the softest setting as the rebound will feel like a bounce. 2clicks from soft is what I would recommend, with more rebound.

Revalving for rebound damping is more costly and will definitely affect track work, and I would suggest going 6kg/mm F and 4 kg/mm rear for family use and increasing the dampening for track use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscotd105 View Post
Hi Mao,

Loving the set-up You did for us on our Forester. After a few months of use I have a couple of questions for you.

You mention the spring rate can be customised, how much would it cost for a slightly softer rate set of springs? If the STD springs are 8Fr/6Rr kgs, what would the factory spring rates have been (would be good to get a benchmark).

You also mention that the valving can be changed, would this allow for more rebound damping on the lowest setting on the shock? This may negate the need for softer springs, on the softest setting the car absorbs rough surfaces but the lack of rebound damping on this setting makes it feel like it is bouncing around...

I look forward to your response, would be good to be able to tweak these to be better able to handle week day family duties and the odd track day outing by just increasing the compression with the shocks adjuster knob.

Cheers,

Ross.
Old 16-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Scoobie Noobie

rosscotd105 at standard level

Hey Mao,

Excellent, fast and helpful answer as usual. (EDIT, small phone screen missed jdm part). Can I check that the rate is: 6kg to compress the spring 1mm? I'm more used to pounds needed to compress an inch...

Next question, do you have in stock and can I book a date in January to get them swapped? As usual, would like to get work done in one day if possible to limit down time gor the wife and kiddies. Feel free to PM non post related answers!

Cheers.

Last edited by rosscotd105; 16-12-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Found answer in previou post.
Old 21-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Thank you for your continuous support of STD Standard Coilovers.

Below are some updates of STD coilover installs over the last 2 months. I will include installs of the SG Forester, EVO 9, Nissan Stagea, Toyota Aurion in this post. I will update with install pics of the Lexus IS200, MY08 WRX and MY08 STi in the next post.

Subaru SG Forester STD R5 Coilovers Install.

Front Factory Suspension:

Front- STD R5 Coilovers vs Factory Suspension:

STD R5 Front Coilovers install. Front Coilovers come with Camber Adjustable Pillow Upperball mounts with damper control. All STD coilovers provide proper brake line and ABS line mounts. STD coilovers also come with the patented scaling for accurate height adjustments.

Rear- STD R5 Coilovers vs Factory Suspension:

STD Rear coilovers installed. Features are same as the front coilovers:

Before pics:

STD Coilovers installed and aligned @ Evolution R:

Mitsubishi EVO 9 STD Coilover install:

Nissan Stagea:

Toyota Aurion STD Coilover install below.

STD Front coilovers include the Camber Adjustable Pillow upperball mount with damper control. STD coilovers provide all necessary ABS and brake line mounts:

STD Rear coilovers installation. All STD coilovers are incoporated with the patented monotube scaling for accurate height adjustments:

STD Coilovers supplied, installed and aligned @Evolution R:

Last edited by mao; 21-01-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 23-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

STD Coilovers installed on the Lexus IS200.

STD Front Coilovers installed. STD coilovers come with all the necessary mounts for the ABS and brake lines. STD monotubes also come with patented scaling for accurate height adjustments:

STD Rear Coilovers installed:

STD Coilovers supplied, fitted and aligned @Evolution R:

Last edited by mao; 23-01-2013 at 09:34 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 23-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Recent MY08 WRX STD coilovers install (Sorry pics are incomplete but will get some off Jez when he comes back from work):

STD Front Coilovers VS Subaru Factory Suspension:

STD Front coilovers installed. STD Coilovers come with Brake line and ABS line mounts and are have numerical scaling for accurate height adjustments:

STD Rear Coilovers installed:

Old 23-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Recent STD Coilovers install on Gordon's MY08+ STi.

Subaru Factory Front suspension:

STD Front Coilovers installed.

STD Camber Adjustable Pillow Upper top mount. Dampening is also set via the top adjuster:

STD Coilovers come with all ABS and Brake line mountings:

STD Coilovers come with Patented Scaling for accurate height adjustments:

Subaru Rear Factory suspension:

STD Rear Coilovers installed.

Dampening adjustment can be done via the top:

STD Coilovers uses Patented Scaling for accurate height adjustments:

STD Coilovers supplied, fitted and aligned @Evolution R:

Last edited by mao; 24-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 23-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Will follow up with some more pics of the recent STD Coilovers install on a P.WRX member's MY12 Honda Accord Euro shortly.

Tags
brake, clutch, coilovers, kit, kits, plate, products, std, tax audit time, twin, tyres