Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2005, 09:17 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Only opinions i'd even bother considering are the ones from the seat of your pants. Everyones an internet expert - get out there and drive em. Both are fantastic bang for buck no matter what star you buy!
Old 13-09-2005, 09:18 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

RexcellentSTi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT
Only opinions i'd even bother considering are the ones from the seat of your pants. Everyones an internet expert - get out there and drive em. Both are fantastic bang for buck no matter what star you buy!
Here here. Well said.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Scoobie HasBeen

thx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wai
i cannot decide which car i should buy
the evo 9 or the new 06 sti
test drove both the evo8 and sti before but the salesman said the new model should be alot dffrent. so i m waiting for the evo to arrive and then the sti.
evo9 is arriving today i think, at peaceway mitsubishi 13sep. i will go check it out tomorrow night. and the sti on 1oct...
anyone has any suggestions on which i should get?
FYI: i ordered a my05 in june and then found out 06 was coming out in a few months so i canceled the contract. and now when i was abt to order the 06 again , i saw the evo 9 in the newspaper. ...still waiting for both cars to arrive but wht do ui guys think?
Paceway???? They are not an Authorised Ralliart Dealer last I checked... I wouldn't buy an evo from them as they don't have the support (service) crew able to look after the Evos. Look at Skippers as they have Ralliart techs that works there.
Old 14-09-2005, 09:55 AM
wombat

the sales people at skippers are gimps next time you speak to them tell them they are arseclowns for not telling me about the price drop in evos. hence i had no problems signing up on an 06 STi, if i had known the price was gonna be no different i would have waited for the 9 to be released and decide then.

the wankers don't deserve the sale anyway acting in such an unproffesional manner
and that sale manager has to be one of the most arrogant smart arse sales people i've had the displeasure of encountering.

i'm going to go round there with my brand new STi when i get it and point out how much skippers suck
Old 14-09-2005, 09:58 AM
wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I think EVO has the following advantages to balance out the lack of dials, displacement etc.

1. stronger block/engine with the ability to get more power out without mods
2. Easier access to fit heavy cams and adjust timing etc (Like GTRs etc)
4. Much better stock handling due to the non-nanny rwd bias and AYC.
5. Much better for big turbo applications as the pipework for both intercooler and headers are much shorter....so you can fit that super large turbo and have good spool and huge power ...have your cake and eat it too.
6. Better basic setup for huge power. Front mount, Twin scroll turbo with more potential than the wrx equivalent.
and the gearbox is oh soooooo smooth. the gear shift in the evo is almost reason alone to get one

and i'd also like to add the leather recaros are awesome.

fuck i want and evo now
Old 14-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
I think EVO has the following advantages to balance out the lack of dials, displacement etc.

1. stronger block/engine with the ability to get more power out without mods
2. Easier access to fit heavy cams and adjust timing etc (Like GTRs etc)
4. Much better stock handling due to the non-nanny rwd bias and AYC.
5. Much better for big turbo applications as the pipework for both intercooler and headers are much shorter....so you can fit that super large turbo and have good spool and huge power ...have your cake and eat it too.
6. Better basic setup for huge power. Front mount, Twin scroll turbo with more potential than the wrx equivalent.
7. Every ricer will try and copy your Evo by fitting crappy body kits to their povo pack GLi Lancers.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

I'll just copy your post from above Wombat and hand it to the sales manager when i pop around there in a minute for a quite look. Would b worth it just to see the look on the clowns face.....

Can you remeber his name by any chance ?

J
Old 14-09-2005, 10:15 AM
wombat

nah can't remember his name but he had metro looking hair was reasonably tall probably late 20's early 30's and an arrogant demenour, the actual sales guy that took us for a test drive was a really friendly young black guy who was really helpfull and probably deserved the sale, but the manager was an ass and lost them a sale because of it,

also they never gave me follow up calls, all 3 subaru dealers i was talking to about getting a car gave me follow up calls within 2 days of test driving and a call once a week after that to see how i was going, now some people might find this pushy but when you are actually ready to buy a car it makes a difference.

the worst sales service out of every dealer i drove cars at was skipper mitsubishi.
I test drove subaru, Merc, BMW, Audi, mitsubishi the euros i really only drove to see how they compared from a bang for buck point of veiw... my opinion on any merc, BMW or audi in anywhere near an STi, Evo or Liberty RB price range is there isn't even a competition the jap cars win hands down IMO.

hehe yeah give it to him he has my number on my card i gave him so if he wants to disgree that he is an ass he can call me...
Old 14-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Sir AntiLag

Rexilla at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethor
looks like we finally get HID's standard from the look of that headlight washer.
i wish but sorry to disappoint you mate, but NO HIDs. the headlight washer is similar to that of a liberty but no HIDs on them either. only JDM STIs comes with HID i think

i know as far as BANG FOR YOUR BUCK value's concern, the STIs are right up there, but some luxury items such as Defi cluster, boost & temp gauges, Sat Nav, sun roof, side airbags, CF and leather bits & pieces as standards would go a long way in attracting buyers (especially ppl going through mid life crises). even if they offer them as options at a reasonable price (cheaper than buying aftermarket), then i for one would definitely spend the extra dole - speaking from someone who drives it as a daily car and rarely goes to the track of course
Old 14-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Scoobie HasBeen

thx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat
the sales people at skippers are gimps next time you speak to them tell them they are arseclowns for not telling me about the price drop in evos. hence i had no problems signing up on an 06 STi, if i had known the price was gonna be no different i would have waited for the 9 to be released and decide then.

the wankers don't deserve the sale anyway acting in such an unproffesional manner
and that sale manager has to be one of the most arrogant smart arse sales people i've had the displeasure of encountering.

i'm going to go round there with my brand new STi when i get it and point out how much skippers suck
Agree, the sales service of Mitsubishi are terrible across the board. It's the Service Deptment (after sales) where Skippers is very good.

For sales, STI are heaps heaps heaps better.

Tags
25, arrived, my06