Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-09-2005, 06:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

creepin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
Well I doubt very much that he was spending his entire shift following you (your not that special). Even the most dedicated copper isn't gonna do that. Also, why were you driving around all night? What were you doin? So what if he stopped you on consecutive friday's............big deal. I have stopped acar 3 nights straight, doesnt mean I have a vendetta.
Another thing just in case you didn't notice, your car isn't stock and it sticks out like dogs balls and the fact there was that incident with failing to stop (regardless of the outcome/"it wasn't me"/etc etc), your gonna get stopped again. Yeah, there are some idiot coppers out there so if you feel the need to tape record/lawyer up/document etc etc, go ahead. Hopefully it won't shoot you in the foot.

My 2c.
with all due respect dan, the grudge is definately there and im not gonna go into any details but the history between me and this officer goes back to whenmy car was dead stock and the first few days i had the car.
he has said several things to me thatprove without doubt that he doesnt like me for a certain reason.

i wasnt out all nite i went for a drive around 1am and he speedchecked me doing a speed he knows i was definately not doing and fined me
he then followed me down to the servo i went to
he did laps of the servo whist i was there then dissapeared from sight
then i went to get somthing to eat...he was at the same shop
i went to another servo to buy smokes what a coincidence he was thee as well. and i went home at 3:30. so thats a good 2.5 hours of following me
i have no doubt that he is an idiot.
and if it shoots me bak in the foot, well at least i tried
Old 23-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Just go see the cops at the station and then file an offical complaint against him with the police ombudsman. .... when you go to court just list all the times hes followed you...

One nice idea might be to carry a video camera in the car tied to the headrest...when u see cops following just turn it on and video....and when they pull u over 2 mins later and say you were doing 150 in a 60 zone... dont mention the video... just go to court and make sure you talk to the cops in front of your car so that they come into the picture....

My dad has made federal police commit purgery before by cross examining them till they have just about started crying and by recording interviews when cops have threatened his client by putting a video camera down with the cap on, but recording the sound..... stupid crooked hypocrits.
Old 23-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

One set of crooked cops claimed a guy facing a murder charge had confessed...so my dad read out the transcript of the interview where his client denied the charges by saying "I have been advised by my lawyer to say nothing" over 300 times. It took 2 hours and at the end of it, my dad goes... and after denying it over 300 times.. he then confessed is that what you would have the court believe... the guy got demoted after the trial.
Old 23-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

You also should work the Abo angle..... write a letter claiming they are abusing you because of your aborgininal heritage... they will run a mile. .. claim the cop is racist.
Old 23-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Or...

With all due respect of course... Perhaps alter your driving times, locations and styles...????? I mean... I used to drive around in early am hours too, at notable cruise locations around town... Police are just doing their job. Ensuring the cars are a) safe/legal to drive, and b) ensuring the safety of all other road users, by ensuring people are driving within stated laws and limitations...

Food for thought...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 23-09-2005, 08:06 PM
PaulCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR
Or...

With all due respect of course... Perhaps alter your driving times, locations and styles...????? I mean... I used to drive around in early am hours too, at notable cruise locations around town... Police are just doing their job. Ensuring the cars are a) safe/legal to drive, and b) ensuring the safety of all other road users, by ensuring people are driving within stated laws and limitations...

Food for thought...
Hear Hear! This whole "police conspiracy theory" that seems to pervade many car forums is nauseating and its ironic that the people who bleat the loudest about the "pigs" are those who have the least respect for road rules and other road users' safety. Creepin's car is a cop magnet, it looks like an extra that didn't quite make the cut in 2F2F and he drives it like an idiot and then is surprised he has developed infamy among the road traffic coppers.

Simple equation, really.
Old 23-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666
You also should work the Abo angle..... write a letter claiming they are abusing you because of your aborgininal heritage... they will run a mile. .. claim the cop is racist.
Why should someone get off simply because they are an abo. They shouldnt IF they do the wrong thing.

I think judges need to start showing some more balls The amount of coons who are nothing but parasites on the community is certainly getting higher and higher..

People who want to be treated the same as everyone else, should act the same..

Last edited by Mat; 23-09-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 24-09-2005, 01:18 AM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepin
i did just that
i called the OIC at the station he is from and even he sais it sounds like the officer is in the wrong
he said to write a formal letter to the fremantle traffic branch judical? officer
(or sumthing like that)

and it wasnt exactly 4 times a year fozzie
he made some pretty bold statements each time and 2 of the times were 2 friday nites in a row. and both those fridaynites were eitherat my house of 500 metres from it

i found out today he actually spent most of his nite last nite following my car around even after he gave me the fine.

it is absolute bullshit.

my last yellow was very suspicious because i drove past 2 police cars and they didnt pull me over to start with and then all of a sudden within the next 3 minutes i had 2 cop cars speed up behind me and polair above. just a bit too suss for my liking

my lawyers are gonna organise some stuff so hope they can put an end to it all.

as for voi's sometimes they are there sometimes they aint. its a bit weird

what is this guys name? I have been hasstled by a dude around freo a bit, he pulled me over and was asking if he had already seen me tonight. Saying stuff like "maybe the problem is your car, you wrx owners are all the same" crap like that. Maybe he has wrx envy

EDIT: I find most cops are 100% cool, correct me if I'm wrong Dan, if you display your knowledge of the law without being a smartass/dickhead about it. I always explain I am a sensible driver and never mouth off, and 99% of the time cops ahve been really nice and cool about it.

I think if I had to deal with and see some of the things they do I would be hard on people with fast cars too. Seeing some of the accidents etc. And thats probably why we get pulled over a lot.

My 2c

Last edited by Miggidy; 24-09-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Old 24-09-2005, 01:49 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

creepin at standard level

i dont expect to get off because im an aboriginal person
i expect to get off because when they speed checked me i was doin the bloody speed limit
and the manner they speedchecked me was far from accurate

and i dont drive like an idiot
i have done just about 70,000km in that car in around 15 months and iv actually only had one speeding fine
this is the second

but yes it is a racial grudge which was made obvious by the first encounter with this officer
Old 24-09-2005, 04:13 AM
Sir AntiLag

scoobysix at standard level
Send a message via MSN to scoobysix

In the nearly 4 years I owned a WRX, I've only been pulled over by cops 3 times:

1) I was doing 80 in a 50 zone (trying to pull away from the commodore I thought was tailgating me [turned out to be an unmarked cop car])

2) I failed to stop at a stop sign before turning (no excuses, no traffic so I didn't stop, unmarked cop car behind me)

3) I was doing 140 in a 110 zone (rushing an aunt back from Albany to Perth for a business dinner)

Other than that, I've never been pulled over, even though at one stage my car had one of the loudest exhausts around, superlow springs and tinted windows PLUS I lived just down the road from the traffic police branch in East Perth for 6 months, and then moved to the apartment DIRECTLY opposite the traffic police for a year, and then moved to the apartment BESIDE the same traffic police branch for another year.

So 2.5 years I was driving a very noisy tinted lowered WRX with a big wing, constantly within 100m of the traffic police branch, I've never been pulled over except for when I did commit traffic infringements.

Either I've been very lucky, or it really just boils down to how you've been driving. If you've struck up a reputation for yourself, you're just gonna have to live with it I suppose. That said however, if you've been subjected to unfair/unneccesary punishment/treatment, then restitution is in order for sure.

If what you say is 100% true, then for sure that particular policeman needs to be dealt with accordingly. If it was through your own actions in the past that have resulted in the reason you've been singled out for attention, then I think they are just doing their job.

Tags
harrassment, police