Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
Just a thought but you may want to do some brake upgrades while you are at it. No good being able to use all that powa if you can't stop her good and proper.
yeah, Ive considered that, it will be the next thing after the changes Im talking.
Granted, its probably not the best order of doing things, but thinking it over, I dont do really much of any track days, Ill just be extra cautious in the mean time.
Old 15-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
But basically, its a straight swap over from my injectors to the STi ones?

Last question being, would I have to do anything about my air intake (its stock atm, except ive removed the resonator)?
I realise it would probably be benificial if I improved it, but, would it be good enough for a while until I was ready to do more work to the car (money reasons)?
Yes, Straight swap.

No, your stock airbox is very good already.
Old 16-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexx
thread hijack;

Using standard airbox for now...after suspension is in im putting on a CAI. Already got a silicon inlet. Sean said its spiking at around 5k rpm on dyno
Spiking or peaking?

Because spiking would mean its taking a big leap at 5k.. and if its taking that long to make grunt something isnt right.

Peaking at 5k seems early too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
Spiking or peaking?

Because spiking would mean its taking a big leap at 5k.. and if its taking that long to make grunt something isnt right.

Peaking at 5k seems early too.
On the dyno graph its not a smooth transition past 5k...but on the road it drives fine
Old 16-11-2007, 08:42 AM
STI Master

Chrus at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP10
I apologise if it sounds a bit cunty but this setup has been well and truly tried and tested, i just dont think people need to post a new thread asking for opinions on the same setup every time they think about doing it

There is however a reason why its so popular, it works extremely well for the cash, do it!
It does sound "cunty" sunshine. Give Gumby a chance, I remember you asking questions not so long ago...
Old 16-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
But basically, its a straight swap over from my injectors to the STi ones?

Last question being, would I have to do anything about my air intake (its stock atm, except ive removed the resonator)?
I realise it would probably be benificial if I improved it, but, would it be good enough for a while until I was ready to do more work to the car (money reasons)?
1. Stick with the stock Airbox and filter.- will be fine up to approx 220 KW ATW - your engine won't get near that reliably anyway.

2. To save some $$$ I would stay with your current 440cc Top Feed injectors. You will hit a safe boost limit of 18-19PSI with the EJ205 engine - and thats the point I would not go past for reliability.

3. Upgrading your TMIC to an an STI item is a good idea if you can find one at a good price. A FMIC with loose you throttle response and cost big $$$ for little reliable gain on an 02 EJ205 engine.

4. Cheap Water Spray setup is a must if sticking with the TMIC option. A GM water pump plumbed in to your existing water bottle, hobbs switch and STi nozzles will do the trick.

5. STI TMIC Air splitter as well if you can find one for your existing scoop. Possibly get a larger STI scoop as well ?

6. Spend the extra $$$ saved on injectors on DBA4000's front slotted rotors with either Bendix Ultimate Pads or Ferodo DS2000/2500 for the street.

7. Exhaust - open bell mouth dump pipe with correct length splitter for the appropriate VF turbo. See here :

http://www.msengineering.com.au/exhaustsystems.html

I would thermal wrap the dump pipe to prevent hot oil rising and heating up the engine bay / TMIC. Ceramic coating the exhaust housing on the turbo is a very good idea also. Competition Ceramics in Kelmscott do good work

8. Probable the most important of all OIL in a modified car. DO NOT go less the 10w40 oil now you have modified your WRX for big end engine bearing reliability. Good oils I recommend are Motul Chrono 10w40 or 10w50 ; Mobil Semi Syn 10w40 or Elf Comp. GT 10w40.

Please do not run Motul Turbolight 10w40 in your modified WRX.

J

Last edited by WRXTASY; 16-11-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 16-11-2007, 11:33 AM
coming back in 2011

Intra at standard level

Do injectors... cheap insurance!

Fuel is one of the primary ingredients to power and torque.. why cheap out on it unless you like to dice with death?

Mod the stock injectors.
Old 16-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Banned

KD90WA at standard level

Quote:
Basically, the car is my everyday car, so I dont want to loose too much drivability, but want to give it some more er.... go
dude get ur self some nice rims and lower it shold look mint

Tags
mod, setup, thoughts