Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

I was origainlly just gonna replace a few things to keep her running till after the major break...

Anyway - I'v just gone ahead and bought a new 207 short block, the heads are being pulled out and sent for a service and port/polish

Should get it back by wednesday hopefully.

I'm having a issue with the carbon shaft - the yolk bracket is different on the diff than the shaft - so its going to need to be pulled out and re-drilled etc.

its become a very expensive project... u play u pay eh?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxdass
I was origainlly just gonna replace a few things to keep her running till after the major break...

Anyway - I'v just gone ahead and bought a new 207 short block, the heads are being pulled out and sent for a service and port/polish

Should get it back by wednesday hopefully.

I'm having a issue with the carbon shaft - the yolk bracket is different on the diff than the shaft - so its going to need to be pulled out and re-drilled etc.

Seen your car, Shabir does a good job and knows his stuff, I had a look at the carbon shaft, completely different as you mentioned, was it meant to be a bolt on jobbie??

Why dont you get some cams if the heads are being done, thats what I did with mine, get it all done at once. The guy who did my heads did a great job with the port,polish etc.....

Should go well when you get it back, and gee those wheels of yours look wicked up close, nice and agressive, you've got Shabir all keen now, we are trying to find a set for his evo

cheers
Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

Quote:
i think its just the beginning
Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

hahaha mate.. from going to sell the car 6 months ago to pouring shit load of money into it...

haha the extemes of car modding...

Alteast the 207 will be going strong for a while longer now...

When u putting it in?? whos porting the heads??/ u going to upgrade the valvetrain aswell??
Old 12-11-2008, 07:39 PM

yeah Shabir is a bloody champ, very knowledg-able.

The shaft is meant to be a bolt on job, it just seems that ACPT didnt realize not all STi R180 diffs carry the same bolt pattern on the yolk.

To be honest, iv done next to no research on the heads and whats going in them - i had to leave for site this morning so I just ordered the new motor b4 i left.
All i know is that their gettin cleaned up with a port n polish, cams would be great but im not gonna rush into unknown territory for me.

Aren't cams easy to put in anyway? without the engine being removed?

I'm keen to see what is actually wrong with my existing motor. Mayb the bores have slightly expanded.

Tino: tell me about it... was meant to go for a service and a few bolt ons.. come out with a new engine.. fark!!

Last edited by waxdass; 12-11-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
yeah Shabir is a bloody champ, very knowledg-able.

The shaft is meant to be a bolt on job, it just seems that ACPT didnt realize not all STi R180 diffs carry the same bolt pattern on the yolk.

To be honest, iv done next to no research on the heads and whats going in them - i had to leave for site this morning so I just ordered the new motor b4 i left.
All i know is that their gettin cleaned up with a port n polish, cams would be great but im not gonna rush into unknown territory for me.

Aren't cams easy to put in anyway? without the engine being removed?

I'm keen to see what is actually wrong with my existing motor. Mayb the bores have slightly expanded.

Engine needs to come out to do cams, thats why its cheaper to do it when the engines out...

if your going to do cams u might as well freshen up the valetrain with new springs and retainers...

low 100s arent that bad imo, and they are all similar which i suppose is alight also.. hahah
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 PM

ahh fuckit - for the couple of killawasps/torque difference cams are gonna make i really dont justify doshing another $1500 or so when i could pour the money to house.
i'l leave it as is.

i'm tellin ya.. the engine runs fine, slight hesitation sometimes on idle. really weird.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Sign me up!

thats what im saying over 100 is still not bad shape imo.. what was the leakdown test?? i rekon thats a better indication of how well the bore is sealing??

Cams are good if your going to rev it out to over 8k... same as porting, i dont see them going to be a benefit unless u doing everything else...
Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
ahh fuckit - for the couple of killawasps/torque difference cams are gonna make i really dont justify doshing another $1500 or so when i could pour the money to house.
i'l leave it as is.

i'm tellin ya.. the engine runs fine, slight hesitation sometimes on idle. really weird.
I just sold my Spec C cams, they would have been a good upgrade...cams do make a difference, I reckon they helped my car make good power and aid the responsivness of the car....

I know it's more money, but the trouble with Subies is the motor has to come out to do a cam change, it's cheaper to do it all at once, then it's done
Old 12-11-2008, 10:27 PM

nah il leave them as is. Its not a priority now for me, and i dont think its gonna make that much of a difference considering its only a vf34 in the end

Tags
job, port, rails, split