Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-2009, 04:44 PM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

something not really related to the topic....i was just watching the Tony Sullens targa west video...when the say "Left 7, Right 1, Right 6...etc"

Does the number mean how sharpe the bend is? I could be very wrong...just want to know!
Old 22-04-2009, 04:46 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Really comes down to how badly you want to win vs enjoy some competitive driving, and Brendon is a supremely competitive SOB
Old 22-04-2009, 04:46 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES
it got sold & shipped to Europe in Oct 08 - I think he dropped the price to below $40k in the end.

Edit - http://www.mythical.com.au/ross-rex/index.html
Same Car?

http://www.my105.com/classified.asp?id=9229
Old 22-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Yeah it is, even mentions the website in the my105 link.

Thing was absolutely brilliant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 22-04-2009, 04:50 PM
WRXRW

yeah same car

that cage gives me serious rollcage envy!
Old 22-04-2009, 05:08 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

So I think you see my dilema here.

Drop 22-24k on a stock S202 or Spec C and do track days and the like in a car that is fairly stock, probably buy R comps.

Or

there are Classics available that are awesome like Brendon's for 32k and others less built for 20k or so.

At this point in the thread I can say that building a car is out for me as the consensus is buy a built car rather than build one.

I can also say that serious events like Targa and Dutton are also not on my list for the next year or two either - just learning to drive better and seat time.

Thanks for everyones input so far - the fact that the S202 cant run some events competetively due to weight is a factor that makes the decision harder. But the S202 would never be competetive in my hands because I doubt I would drop the coin on it, but rather drop the coin on a newer car IF I was wanting to be competetive in such an event in years to come.

So the choice narrows to built Classic or Stock S202 - Dotar may decide this for me yet.
Old 22-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

sti ra v limited v6 555 wrc then
Old 22-04-2009, 05:27 PM
WRXRW

stock s202 with decent tyres would be a blast to drive. learn the car, improve the package as funds permit (or as parts become available through the grapevine). what's to say you couldn't bring the car out on the occassional perth-wrx cruise either? enjoy the track oriented stuff but then bring it out to events like rexpo and allow people to see and salivate over it. half the fun of owning a special like a s202 is the interaction you will get from other wrx owners out there.

heart says s202 so we can come close to having the whole s-series collection in perth!

perth-wrx-s-series-sti.com
Old 22-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotydog
So I think you see my dilema here.

Drop 22-24k on a stock S202 or Spec C and do track days and the like in a car that is fairly stock, probably buy R comps.

Or

there are Classics available that are awesome like Brendon's for 32k and others less built for 20k or so.

At this point in the thread I can say that building a car is out for me as the consensus is buy a built car rather than build one.

I can also say that serious events like Targa and Dutton are also not on my list for the next year or two either - just learning to drive better and seat time.

Thanks for everyones input so far - the fact that the S202 cant run some events competetively due to weight is a factor that makes the decision harder. But the S202 would never be competetive in my hands because I doubt I would drop the coin on it, but rather drop the coin on a newer car IF I was wanting to be competetive in such an event in years to come.

So the choice narrows to built Classic or Stock S202 - Dotar may decide this for me yet.
From my understanding, Dutton is a hell of a lot less serious than Targa. Thats kinda of the point of Dutton, isnt it?

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 22-04-2009, 05:29 PM