Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Should Power restrictions be imposed on WA "P-Platers"?
Absolutly, if it will save lives! 100 56.18%
No, the systems works fine as it is 10 5.62%
I think there are better ways to save our P-Platers 68 38.20%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Scoobie Noobie

tcs242 at standard level
Thumbs down "P" Plate power restrictions??

Picked up a copy of the west today, front page was all about some changes they are wanting to bring in to P plater laws.
Government is wanting to bring in Power to weight ratios, similar to over east . This will not solve our problems!! When will they wake up and realise!??
Its about attitude and training - More complete training from day 1, and changing the attitude of our young drivers.

My suggestion is this. If a "P Plater" wants to own and drive a "high power vehicle", they should be made take a course/sit a test, IN ADDITION to the P plate practical test.
I know that if I had recieved more comprehensive training, BEFORE and AFTER gaining my P's, i would be a much better driver now.
I now own a WRX (best move of my life ), I am a 18 yo male, prime age risk person on the roads to cause/be in an accident. I feel safer in a WRX than any other car on the road.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughs on the topic? Lets put our thinking caps on and come up with a suggestion that maybe might just save lives.!!!

Tags
laws, p plate, perth, plate, power, restrictions