Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-07-2011, 06:27 PM
STI Master

MattuZ at standard level
Send a message via MSN to MattuZ

07 sti for sure!
Old 15-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Personally I'd say to go for the 06/07 STI but I am biased also

You can have a very modified car and it still be nice to drive in traffic, it all depends on the tune and how much time (or money) you are willing to put into getting it done properly. If you tune for power only and forget about the parts that make it nice (or a pig) to drive then expect it to be a pig to drive.

But when all is said and done, if you are only planning on doing a few simple mods (once the warranty runs out) like exhaust and verso etc then go for the MY11 and enjoy not having to worry about repairs, which you will almost certainly have to do a lot sooner with a used car.
Old 15-07-2011, 07:39 PM
STI Master

riceman1991 at standard level

I used to own a WRX but now own an STi. For me, driving them daily there was not a big difference between the two, in terms of comfort etc.

I dont think it is until you get to the track that you realize that an STi is a completely different beast.
Old 15-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Took a new wrx for a drive today.... certainly very nice.
Rang around insurance.... and there is a fair amount difference between the 2. A new MY11 wrx is $250 per year cheaper than the 07 sti....and thats the cheapest I found.
I rang:
RAC, SGIO, Just Car (who were the most exp btw), shannons, HBF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camhall View Post
i can book you in if you would like
Will keep it in mind thanks mate. Considered it today, but didnt have the time if you include the long drive to ozziepark
Old 15-07-2011, 08:25 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Imo the new WRX is by far the best version Subaru have ever offered for $40-45k. Performance out of the box and it rides beautifully.

So in regards to your situation my pick would be the MY11 WRX because as said, you would be able to drive it from new and look after it accordingly. Plus a couple of bolt-ons will make it quite the street car (as if they aren't capable enough haha).

That being said, a well modified 06/07 STI is too hard to pass up (for me). STI's have great road manners....when you behave yourself

Good luck with it all.
Old 16-07-2011, 01:25 AM
Scoobie Noobie

DriverRex at standard level

I Currently pay $750 a year with AAMI which i think is not too bad give them a try.

I would go the my07sti if your planning mods. had it for almost 2 years now with a hd clutch and tune exhaust used as a daily still an enjoyable ride through daily traffic. Test drove the my11 wrx and would also make a nice daily so tough choice. Speed wise both cars standard should be close in a straight line.
Old 16-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

How old are you dude?

750 is a really good price....

Also with a tune and exhaust do you find the fuel consumption is more or less the same when using the car as a daily?
Old 16-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Scoobie Noobie

DriverRex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
How old are you dude?

750 is a really good price....

Also with a tune and exhaust do you find the fuel consumption is more or less the same when using the car as a daily?
Im 26 and most of the family is with ammi so I was asking for a better
Deal and they actually lowered them a fair bit. I think she also said they used to asses depending on suburb but now they do it depending on the
Claims per household or something and when she updated that it took few 100 off.

Fuel consumption is at best just over 400km and I have
Tried all different station there wasnt really any difference.
Old 16-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Went out looking again today, at a few Subaru dealers.... and it was a bit of an eye opener.
Instead of the usual, blowing sunshine up your ass from the salesman, I was treated quite rudely. In all the times I have gone to a car dealer, I have never been treated so poorly as I was today but the arrogant, clueless idiot that spoke to me today.
Clearly he must not have been interested in my business, or, he has a rather strange way of treating potential customers. I certainly would not be buying a car from that dealership after the rotten treatment I received. I will say to him though, thankyou for making my possible desision of who to go through much easier.....

I will refrain from naming said dealership for now, as to not give a whole company a bad name based on 1 retard, even if he was the assistant manager.
Old 16-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

To be honest Chris, it's not suprising. At the current stage, from what I am told whilst I continue to wait for my 2011 Subaru, is that there is no hurry to sell cars. They have sold cars well and truly in advance of them arriving. If you want a new one, the wait is 3 or 4 months (as I have found out) and to be honest, they don't HAVE to push for your sale, like they would have before. At the moment, it seems to me there is a bit of a 'don't give a shit' kind of attitude because if you want a Subaru and you are an enthusiast, then you will have to wait, like every body else.

Tags
my07, my11