Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Sir AntiLag

crawl3r at standard level

Last edited by crawl3r; 19-09-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

STiV6 at standard level

Going for another spin around Safety Bay, Baldivis and Rocko today, will keep an eye out after yesterday's hour search turned up nothing.
Wrx_92 likes this.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Anyone interested in doing a group search? I've got nothing better to do today
Wrx_92 likes this.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Why help the petroleum companies make profit and build up extra km's on your engine for nothing.
If he has insurance and the car has been reported stolen let the cops and the insurance take care of it. If you spot it report where you spotted it and I can guarantee the cops won't be onto it and it will be 10 suburbs away since you reported it.

The car was stolen and the owner was fooled by the buyer to have his car taken away that's a big fail on his behalf, obviously he won't be letting anyone test drive a car again without photographic ID or a snap shot behind the steering wheel and the keys out the ignition barrel when you're out.
I don't care who it is when they want to purchase a car off me I ask them for some valid ID before they are behind the wheel of my car, if they refuse to they can go and screwed.
Your car, your duty of care to keep it in safe hands when you have someone looking at buying it. It's not hard unless they pulled a knife on you than it's a different story.

Hoping it is found in one piece for old mate and that he will know what to do if he ever deals with buyers again.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
Why help the petroleum companies make profit and build up extra km's on your engine for nothing.
If he has insurance and the car has been reported stolen let the cops and the insurance take care of it. If you spot it report where you spotted it and I can guarantee the cops won't be onto it and it will be 10 suburbs away since you reported it.

The car was stolen and the owner was fooled by the buyer to have his car taken away that's a big fail on his behalf, obviously he won't be letting anyone test drive a car again without photographic ID or a snap shot behind the steering wheel and the keys out the ignition barrel when you're out.
I don't care who it is when they want to purchase a car off me I ask them for some valid ID before they are behind the wheel of my car, if they refuse to they can go and screwed.
Your car, your duty of care to keep it in safe hands when you have someone looking at buying it. It's not hard unless they pulled a knife on you than it's a different story.

Hoping it is found in one piece for old mate and that he will know what to do if he ever deals with buyers again.
Ok how do i say this without being rude....
I will do what i want and you can do what you want if i want to get off my ass and help someone find their car i will because i am sick and tired of all these nice cars being stolen by d**k heads and you can't always rely on the police. So i want to be involved in finding the car or at least helping with where they were last seen

And if you don't want to worry about then go ahead but others do care and i understand if the car is insured and the owner was selling it but if it was my car i would want to get it back and hope it goes to someone who would look after it not some douche who is going steal it and thrash it.

On the final note it is not the owners fault the car was stolen if someone had the plan to steal a car they would do anything to get it ,luckily the person was not violent but it could have been worse. I would say if your selling a car have a mate in the backseat just in case

End rant/

Last edited by Cat; 08-09-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZENCI View Post
Do you work in the mining industry as well?
fazboob likes this.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I am stupider for having read the last page of this thread.

Here's my opinion, live from Melbourne airport - as noble as searching for a rare blue wrx is, if your idea of spending a public holiday is to drive around searching for a car that you have no real connection to ... Well you need hobbies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DZENCI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
Ok how do i say this without being rude....
I will do what i want and you can do what you want if i want to get off my ass and help someone find their car i will because i am sick and tired of all these nice cars being stolen by d**k heads and you can't always rely on the police. So i want to be involved in finding the car or at least helping with where they were last seen

And if you don't want to worry about then go ahead but others do care and i understand if the car is insured and the owner was selling it but if it was my car i would want to get it back and hope it goes to someone who would look after it not some douche who is going steal it and thrash it.

On the final note it is not the owners fault the car was stolen if someone had the plan to steal a car they would do anything to get it ,luckily the person was not violent but it could have been worse. I would say if your selling a car have a mate in the backseat just in case

Feel free to voice your opinion but i don't care

End rant/
Everyone is sick and tired of the increase in car thefts but we all have insurance for a reason. Of course it is better if we get our pride and joy back in one piece as it was taken away. Yes majority of people get their car back as it left then run into engine troubles and always think that it's been thrashed like never before. In that case I rather have my car burnt out, panels, glass beaten up and engine blown than getting it back and thinking the worst of it. End of the day it has been stolen and used as a getaway car, it's not going to be babied around like a getz.
Look at the sti that was stolen from ASG and it was spotted all over the place and it just kept on paddling along away from the cops. The police don't give a shit especially if you've got insurance, it's the first thing they ask you when your car is stolen. The most thing I hate is someone innocent always gets hurt from police chases and we don't want this to happen or anyone to get hurt from the criminal behind the wheel of a stolen car.

If we happen to drive around and spot the said car parked in the driveway of a house then we could stop down the road and get hold of the police with the address etc and that would be a quick catch. If I'm driving down the road and I see it driving past on the opposite direction am I going to turn around like a cop car and start following in his direction or just leave it and report it where it was seen driving. You're not going to drive behind it, stop at a set of lights and approach the thief, you don't know what's coming your way. He could be armed with a gun or stab you to death.
We could urge all the motorsport clubs around Perth to go out and look for the stolen wrx, we don't have any power to approach the criminal behind the wheel of a stolen car so we'll all cruise past him and let him be dealt by the law.
First thing that would run in my head would be "I'm going to get some ID from this stranger I don't know this stranger that's looking at my car I'm going to hang onto my keys at all times and only let him drive it when I'm in the car".
It's the lack of thought of having a stranger around looking at the car. Have to be prepared no matter what.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

I have hobbies which include driving so any excuse to drive im happy

Tags
7pm, stolen