Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

RJ999 at standard level
Question Which brake pads to get??

having so much trouble deciding which brake pads to get...

06 STi, current brakes are screaming like a #$%!% and have to change them.

I will use the car for some occasional track days like maybe 2-4 times a year max and not the serious racing type but just try your car out on a track sort.

Not sure what to get between Bendix Ultimates, QFM A1RM, or the OEM Brembo pads.

The Bendix ultimates seem like a good choice for not being noisy and all but I'm wondering if they would hold on the occasional track thrash?
Considering the QFM A1RMs but not sure if they will scream like the current pads(which I have no idea what they are).

I've also found the OEM Brembo Ceramic Steel STi pads that come with it when brand new, on ebay for relatively cheap (compared to what the Subaru dealer wants to charge for them)...They are probably the best pads for this car/caliper but will they hold on the occasional track thrash?

I've also heard of Project Mu pads...

I need some advice from experienced STi-ers... I want pads that will work well day to day, last long enough, stand the occasional track thrash, and don't scream like a *%$#!(&*&

Tags
brake, pads