Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Scoobie Noobie

NEHoward86 at standard level

He suggested to take it to a tuner which I said a was gonna do. I need some tips on what I can do so I do go broke letting a tune shop refine every little thing which I can do most of. Like re gaping plugs, no one got any input. The catch can. The tps, like maybe ya got a bad sensor bro. Nothing, just you should take that into the shop hey. All good guys, the info yous gave me was all I needed.

All Wheel Grip Not Rear Wheel Slip!!!
Old 23-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

What do expect? A 100 point list of all the problems it could have based on limited info and zero pictures? Some things are easy to diagnose where as other things like this are hard.
amtrapid likes this.
Old 23-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I think what you'll find is that if you change your oil every 2000km it will prevent mass hysteria.
matto20v, RUSSGT, TROLLEY and 1 others like this.
Old 23-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Well sorry, ill lay out what I'm asking if yous can't answer don't comment, easy as that.

1) do it need to regap New plugs to the same as the old ones? Or what should I gap them too?

2) would it be better to go with a catch can setup diagram I got from fullboost.com? Or stick to how it is, one side of can goes to turbo intake, other side goes to the both crack vent holes and the pcv valve and t piece. That's just how it was when I got it.

3) should I replace the TPS sensor first, just to see if thats the problem with it showing 99.8% throttle. Or just replace the whole throttle body with all the sensors?

4) after I turn the ignition off the throttle body makes noise for about 3-5 minutes is this normal.

5) thanks for your time.

Old 23-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
I think what you'll find is that if you change your oil every 2000km it will prevent mass hysteria.
Iv only done, 400kms in it so far, about to put, 5-30w egde soon. Thanks for letting me know but hey.

Old 23-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

2) show us the picture.
NEHoward86 (23-11-2014)
Old 24-11-2014, 01:15 AM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Catch can should be correct set up, here is detailed diagrams:
The Official STi engine Venting, A/O Separators, and Catch Cans Thread!! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Crank case breather to catch can to inlet.

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport
The Following User Says Thank You to s20525xxx For This Useful Post:
NEHoward86 (24-11-2014)
Old 24-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEHoward86 View Post
Well sorry, ill lay out what I'm asking if yous can't answer don't comment, easy as that.

1) do it need to regap New plugs to the same as the old ones? Or what should I gap them too? No - what is the part number of the plugs you are using?

2) would it be better to go with a catch can setup diagram I got from fullboost.com? Or stick to how it is, one side of can goes to turbo intake, other side goes to the both crack vent holes and the pcv valve and t piece. That's just how it was when I got it. Leave the catch can set up as it is - it is correctly installed to be bi-directional as per the factory breather system

3) should I replace the TPS sensor first, just to see if thats the problem with it showing 99.8% throttle. Or just replace the whole throttle body with all the sensors?Tps may require an adjustment - if you don't know what you're doing let a pro do it - it's adjustment WILL affect the ECU's Tune. Even if you buy a new one you won't know how to adjust it correctly.

4) after I turn the ignition off the throttle body makes noise for about 3-5 minutes is this normal. Are you sure it's the throttle body making noise and not coolant percolating into the header tank after shutting the engine down?

5) thanks for your time.

It's 'afterfiring' is because the TPS isn't telling the ECU when the throttle is closed (i.e Idle) and therefore it's not cutting the fuel off on over-run......

If you don't know what you are doing - take it to a shop. If you make a fundamental mistake & drive your car on boost you WILL be up for a $10,000 rebuild. These cars are sensitive to fueling and they don't last long if they ping (detonate).

You've been warned about the possible engine damage you may cause by blindly DIY'ing things you're not familiar with. Heed the advice that's been given - Take it to a Tuner for a once over.
amtrapid likes this.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 24-11-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 24-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Scoobie Noobie

1) PFR6G

2) so how I describe it being installed is fine?

3) my throttle body is looking old anyways. If I can get the whole throttle body plus all sensors. Plus New gasket, will it still need a tune?

4) I'm 100% sure its coming from the top plug on the throttle body. Like a ticking sound.

5) thanks heaps for the reply hey. Once iv trouble shot these items, its going straight to the tuners. And I thought I had a IC leak only cause its the only silicone pipe I didn't replace. I might just replace that one too. Thanks again.

Old 24-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Scoobie Noobie

And plus its not getting driver till its all sorted, and if it still acts up on idle will be getting towed to the tuners.

Tags
forums, posting, time