Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Would you support a one strike rule on 'P' platers
Yes 36 58.06%
No 22 35.48%
Yes, but only on public holidays. 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

corbzrex at standard level

yeah i rekon better driver training its to easy to get ur licence now days any idiot can pass imo

[url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/corbphotography/[/url]

Dirty GUIII Patrol
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

I look forward to seeing more p platers running from the police, crashing because they have had no driver training and die because they fear losing their license

/me shakes head in disgust.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Sir AntiLag

Subigrl at standard level

Sucked in fkrz hahahaha
Old 08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
MattyP

If you're going to introduce a 0 point demerit system, you might as well make them score 100% in their final driving tests. Only seems logical if you're going to do the above.

And while you're at it, you might as well half the allowed demerit points for all non P-plate drivers since we all should be professionals and shouldn't lose any demerit points anyway, but you know that won't happen as it will result in a major public backlash, or will it?

Key word 'major', as P-platers are a minority on the road. Their accidents are so called 'news worthy' thanks to people such as Grant Dorrington, the Police and media (one big media circus triangle if you ask me), which is a shame considering I think there are many other accidents relating to non P-plate drivers which should recieve the same attention.

Who here would like to just have 6 points instead of 12 points to lose over 3 years? Could be gained easily by just using your hand held mobile phone and a 20-29kmph speeding offense for example.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyP
Who here would like to just have 6 points instead of 12 points to lose over 3 years? Could be gained easily by just using your hand held mobile phone and a 20-29kmph speeding offense for example.
Fark that! I got done this morning going 15-20 over! The camera was in the middle of the road on the island! Cheeky farkrs!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

We'll just have more p platers driving around without their licenses having even less respect/regard for other road users.

Imagine a P Plater with no licence = nothing to lose.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
Fark that! I got done this morning going 15-20 over! The camera was in the middle of the road on the island! Cheeky farkrs!
On that note friday night i think it was, I was on south street 2 P Platers 1 a chick in a soarer and 1 guy in an old hyundai coupe going hammer and tongs since i came across them when i turned on from roe highway.

They set of for another run from Karel ave lights only to be flashed further up the road doing close to about 90. They immediately both hit the brakes.

Was hilarious to watch.

Chalk another one up for my radar detector
Old 08-01-2007, 03:03 PM
MattyP

Also, I think driver training does sfa.

As that link in the first original post pointed out, putting stupid young adults behind the wheels of less powerful cars has done nothing (which we all knew anyway)

Idiots will be idiots, end of the day. P plater or not.

Idiots want to prove shit whether they have 0 points to lose, that's why they are called idiots to start with. Those same people will probably treat the driver training course as some sort of certificate to drive harder and faster on the road. So instead of doing 80kmph around a round about, he'll go for 100 coz he thinks he's Peter Brock, and that he's got a wicked handling car with Pedders suspension.

Smart and sensible people (typically those not into cars wanting to prove a point) will be the ones that treat driver training courses more seriously, and usually are the P platers we don't have to worry about on the road.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

Driver Training is definatelly 'part' of the answer! However it is a common thing with P-platers, they think once they have their licence they are a Pro! They get out there thinking they own the road.

Driver Training also gives many young people the false 'confidence' factor - ive done a driver training course which means im better now!

I think what we need is a combination of STRICTer resolutions.

Hoon Laws work to an extent - they were never going to completly solve the problem
Limitations on cars - put them all in speed restricted vehicles, smaller capacity. Less speed - less tendency to be stupid - less risk.
Low Demerits for P-plates - stops the tendancy to be stupid - they know the risks.

It is way too easy to get a drivers licence in the first place - tests should be alot more involving and demanding.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

glad thats NSW and not WA...hahahahahahahaha..ive done a safe driving course too with my new car..so i know to what extent its power and how it handles..but sif im pro lmao

Tags
platers, strike