Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Would you support a one strike rule on 'P' platers
Yes 36 58.06%
No 22 35.48%
Yes, but only on public holidays. 4 6.45%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexx
glad thats NSW and not WA...hahahahahahahaha..ive done a safe driving course too with my new car..so i know to what extent its power and how it handles..but sif im pro lmao
i think driver training helps, but 90% if not more is attitude. Even non P Platers can be stupid.

As per the above example rexxx has chosen the right attitude. most dont.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Brendan08 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to Brendan08

you'll get your cheque in the mail saturation..did i say that outloud?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Limitations on cars - put them all in speed restricted vehicles, smaller capacity. Less speed - less tendency to be stupid - less risk.

It is way too easy to get a drivers licence in the first place - tests should be alot more involving and demanding.
i cant agree with the first part of the quote, i have had my wrx for over 8months now and have not recieved a fine.. however in a diesel ute that barely got to 100kmph without reving over 5500 i got a 20km over fine on south street.. you can speed in any car and yes sure it may get you there quicker, but if you are really wanting to speed you will do it anyway.

the second part i disagree with, i passed first time sure, but it is not an easy test it is hypothetical bullshit which teaches you nothing but how to get nervous in front of a instructor over 3/4 of my class failed there test..

i speed, so does every one, i dont do it intentionally and having a performance car which costs me more than a normal car if anything makes me more reserved on the road so i do not waste my hard earned toy.

I do not think that p platers should be singled out, however there are some boys/girls that act like f wits on the road, the rex seems to get them all hyped up too. but there are many older persons who fit into the hoon category and im sure there are larger numbers of them due to the more of them on the road.

am i wrong??
Old 08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

SINISTR at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.r.s
i cant agree with the first part of the quote, i have had my wrx for over 8months now and have not recieved a fine.. however in a diesel ute that barely got to 100kmph without reving over 5500 i got a 20km over fine on south street.. you can speed in any car and yes sure it may get you there quicker, but if you are really wanting to speed you will do it anyway.
in some cars you won't even know you're speeding until its too late - for example 10-20kms over in a ford falcon is barely a touch on the accelerator at crusing speed. It depends on the size of the car and the engine capacity, maybe i should have said that earlier - a smaller car will make the driver feel the speed more. What puzzles me is how you didn't know you were speeding in the UTE? you said it barely goes over 100km/h without reving over 5500, so the signs of speeding were clearly there?

P-platers are not just young people - they are people in their 20s, 30s and even 50s - but there have to be deterents sufficient enough to teach a lesson on the spot - not a slap on the wrist. Its like telling a kid - don't touch the hot oven - until he touches is and gets burned he won't get the lesson, same with P platers. But perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce certain tests and retests all through the years, especially that i've heard rules have changed since I did my licence 12yrs ago.

Last edited by SINISTR; 08-01-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s

defiantly they were there. i was not intentionally speeding, but was not looking to see if i wasnt. (late for an exam) and i take full responsability for it.

the tests need to be looked at for sure, driver training should be a part of it. maybe a response simulation test (more realistic than the current!!) examples of the effects of speeding i.e. photos, first hand experience's with death. retests should defiantly be a part of better driving practices. for example i dont think i would pass the test again now, however i know for sure my driver ability and awarness has improved a great deal..
Old 08-01-2007, 05:33 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

1crznrx at standard level

its proven that between ages 18 and 25 males are more prone to taking risks. People r still gonna speed even if the conciquences are toughter
Old 08-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Its pretty idiotic. No-one's perfect. Why not impose a higher demerit point loss for P platers, or even give them less points, 3 or 4 to start off with maybe?

No points is utter stupidity. It's not hard to go a few km/h over sometimes without noticing, we all do it.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
MattyP

Well now its 4 apparently after watching the news.

4 in first year
8 in second year
12 in final year

Seems reasonable to me
Old 08-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Actually the introduction of hoon laws gave people a second chance at retaining their license and continuing to do burnouts etc from what i believe.

Alcohol should be at 0 no matter what in almost all cases. If i am driving, and i have ONE beer, i will make sure i have a glass of water and have eaten before hand. Last thing i was is to turn up to 4 of my best mates doors, explaining to their parents why i felt i could DUI and kill their children. You cant explain that,ever.

They should be taught REAL skills. I wish i was put through a braking drill, wet sliding control assessment, ACTUAL hazzard perception test that involved use of moderated cars and dummies etc. This bollocks they teach atm is utter crap. All i learnt was give way to your right, look before you turn and a few other road rules. I honestly just use common sense 90% of the time.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

problem is also driver training costs $$$ for governemnt.

raising fines = revenue raising, more money for them instead of losing money.

they'll raise fines ten times over before they spend money on any driver training

i see just as many if not more non p platers going stupid, the problem is that everytime there is a p plater crash the media blow it ten times more out of proportion then say a 30 year old crashing. Soon as a p plater crashes its all over the news uve got the police comissioner and al lthe other government tools calling for bigger fines, more point losses for offences for em etc.

Last edited by Adr3naL1N; 08-01-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Tags
platers, strike