Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

HBF = Advantage driver: $995/yr
Subaru Insurance (Allianz) = $120/mth
Old 26-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Scoobie Noobie

kinga86 at standard level

I want to know how any of you got insured (with mods) with RAC. They are a useless insurance company in my experience and are VERY tight as far as modifications go. Just Cars FTW
Old 26-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinga86
I want to know how any of you got insured (with mods) with RAC. They are a useless insurance company in my experience and are VERY tight as far as modifications go. Just Cars FTW
How wrong you are...

Having been with both (J/C cause RAC wouldn't touch me with a 10ft pole back then..) i know who i'd rather be with

$2500 (with a $3300 excess) to insure a WRX valued at 20K with a very cleverly worded policy or $885 to insure an new XR6T for 45K+

Last edited by Mat; 26-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 26-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Easily. Phoned them up and told them.

As for Just Cars... well the insurance premiums they wanted and the excesses were just plain stupid in my opinion. Also now they don't have to use genuine and or new parts to fix a car is pathetic in my opinion.
Old 26-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
How wrong you are...

Having been with both (J/C cause RAC wouldn't touch me with a 10ft pole back then..) i know who i'd rather be with

$2500 (with a $3300 excess) to insure a WRX valued at 20K with a very cleverly worded policy or $885 to insure an new XR6T for 45K+

nah i agree, RAC is pretty useless fro mwhat ive been through with em, but just cars arent much better either, but they were cheaper then rac for my rex.
Old 26-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Yeah RAC completely screwed me over with my Celica (dodgy dodgy duco scratch fix up (paint was textured like it had sand underneath it and mud flap wasnt screwed in properly) and JustCars are much cheaper for me. Sorry I am so negative with RAC but I have to try other companies as I am sure they are better.
Old 26-08-2007, 10:37 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

OllieJ at standard level

Was with justcar for the bugeye
Me 24, Mrs 21 - both with perfect driving history
$1500 pa
a shed load (about $1200) XS.

Now with RAC
$1050
$500 at fault XS for me, $650 for the mrs.

Interestingly the liberty GT that i want to trade up to $800 pa with RAC.
Old 27-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
heh, obviously there is something wrong with your driving history. RAC insured me in my old hatch with over 8k of sound system and rims without even blinking an eyelid. then subtracted 10% coz i installed a category 4 alarm.
Old 27-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

Hahahah At all you guys, Again, if you are shopping on price, you are absolute idiots. You know that little book that insurance companies send you out in the post when u take out your insurance cover? Read it. You might find that they are a few things that your insurance company doesn't cover you for that you thought that they may. You may also find that hey, we will replace your parts with cheaper 2nd hand non stadard parts, yes some companies do this, let you guys work out who. Another extreamly important thing guys is, it doesn't matter what premium you pay if your insurance company doesn't pay out, just on another side note RAC pays out on over 90% of claims so if you get refused there is a good reason why. Another interesting note for everyone to look into is this stupid idea of a Lifetime NCB, just to let you all know that with reguards to that, that all they can do in the even that you make a claim is just simply load the policy, ie, add and extra 15% to the premium, so when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if you have a full 65% ncb for life if all they still do is make the policy more expensive for you. You can also request to find out if there is any loading on your policy and the insurance company has to disclose this to you Hope this helps some of you make up your mind, by law we also have to supply anyone with a PDS (Product disclosure Statement) which means that you can ring up any insurance company and request one and by law they have to supply you with one .
Old 27-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Scoobie Noobie

My driving history is pretty good. 1 speeding fine (like 10km over) and 1 for not having a P plate up 2 years ago. I dunno :S

Tags
insurance