Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmzy View Post
Insurer: RAC, full comprehensive.
Car: 2004 my05 Full alarm/immobiliser and keypad.
Market Value: 25k.
Cost: $1000, just below 350 excess if im at fault.
i was getting quotes for 5k rac were the cheapest by far
Was this due to putting parents down as drivers? Just make sure you've disclosed everything properly mate as thats a rather HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference.

As a false sense of insurance is worse then not having any
Old 06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Moose at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Moose

Insurer: RAC full comp
Car: MY06 2005 WRX
Agreed Value: 26000 (was only $50 more per year to insure for $4k more)
Cost: $1550 p/y, $500 excess.
Notes: Pretty happy with that - am under 25, on p plates and the car is parked on the street. They were extremely helpful on the phone, no hassles and never on hold for more than a few minutes
Old 06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Sir AntiLag

wrxr2d2 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Notes: Pretty happy with that - am under 25, on p plates and the car is parked on the street. They were extremely helpful on the phone, no hassles and never on hold for more than a few minutes
One good thing with the RAC is they cover you and your car for Driver training days, so as long as you have an instructor in the car you are covered. This is why I stick with them
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Sir AntiLag

Latenitez at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Thanks mate

I work for RAC insurance, do you remember who spoke to you as im in the main contact centre

Cheers Admin
Old 06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Age: 19, however insurance is in mum's name (59), she has the full no claims discount so all up saves me around $2000 a year )
Insurer: SGIO
Car: MY98 WRX
Agreed Value: $12920
Cost: $764 (includes free windscreen excess).... $500 excess, plus ~$1200 for driver under 25 however it covers anyone who drives the car, regardless if they're a nominated driver or not

Renewal form just came through, price has dropped to $690, and premium has been reduced to $11,900. I've rung them up and had a few quotes done with other companies, and none of them will go any higher than $12,000. Is there any way around this? Seeing how my car has had a brand new engine fitted less than 2000km ago, and thousands more spent on mods, it's sort of depressing knowing that if someone steals my car or I completely write it off, I'll be making a killer loss. I don't see why they can't up it to say $15k and I pay a bigger premium?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Sir AntiLag

Voot at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamWRC View Post
Age: 19, however insurance is in mum's name (59), she has the full no claims discount so all up saves me around $2000 a year )
Cost: $764 (includes free windscreen excess).... $500 excess, plus ~$1200 for driver under 25 however it covers anyone who drives the car, regardless if they're a nominated driver or not

Renewal form just came through, price has dropped to $690, and premium has been reduced to $11,900. I've rung them up and had a few quotes done with other companies, and none of them will go any higher than $12,000. Is there any way around this? Seeing how my car has had a brand new engine fitted less than 2000km ago, and thousands more spent on mods, it's sort of depressing knowing that if someone steals my car or I completely write it off, I'll be making a killer loss. I don't see why they can't up it to say $15k and I pay a bigger premium?
Have you talked to Shannons? There preety good at bumping up agreed value and keeping the wreck ect.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamWRC View Post

Hello Ram you will probably find most companys such as rac can only go 15% above market value and if you feel your car is worth more you can get it evaluated and if they agree with you they can put the word through and we can increase the value of the car and when i say we i mean rac as i work for them. i can do a quick quote for you if you like and see what i can come up with?

Cheers Admin
Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

just did a quote and the agreed value sgio are giving is quite good i would ask them if you can get it assessed or see shannons as suggested above.

Cheers Admin
Old 06-05-2011, 01:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Moose at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenitez View Post
Thanks mate

I work for RAC insurance, do you remember who spoke to you as im in the main contact centre
Sorry i cant remember - she was under 25 i think as we were both saying how its more expensive for us young'uns... but no, cant remember a name!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latenitez View Post
just did a quote and the agreed value sgio are giving is quite good i would ask them if you can get it assessed or see shannons as suggested above.
No worries mate, thanks for doing that. I'll give them another call today or Monday, and will have to give shannons a call as well

Tags
insurance