Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Sir AntiLag

Sethi3 at standard level

I wished STI's were going for that price when I was shopping for my WRX
Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
$19500? nice
Yeah the guy i bought it off paid 26000 for it in dec just gone. And i rang max motorsport and they confirmed he spent about 4k in stuff in Jan this year.

Apparently he was moving over east, (he even msged me to tell me he had dropped it from 24 to 20, when i hadnt even looked at it. i was a little cautious/wary given the price. but considering its probably about 3-4k cheaper than equivalent sti's i figured i have atleast that much money spare to spend on it

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

aC- at standard level

God dam 19500 what a bargain. Congratulations no the buy.

Definitely change those rims and lower the car. Looks like a major boat in the 4th picture haha!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:53 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by aC- View Post
God dam 19500 what a bargain. Congratulations no the buy.

Definitely change those rims and lower the car. Looks like a major boat in the 4th picture haha!
cheers bud! yeah definately a little high, and doesn't help how it looks with no front lip. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a set of pinks, rims i'll look at changing when something decent comes up for a good price. It just needed tyres bad so i just got average ones, rather than rushing out and spending 2-3k on something i'd end up regretting.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 04-06-2013, 06:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxwgn at standard level

Cheap.. Good buy mate.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

DamoESP at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape juice View Post
yeah just FYI i picked the car for $19500 still great pickup in my oppinion given the faults
Good to see another 05 STI on board

If it makes you feel any better, I picked up my 05 STI about 18 months ago for $32K....although it was in mint (stock) condition and had only done 42,000kms.

$19.5K for an 05 STi in pretty decent condition, is a steal, good work there! Hope to see you out on a cruise or two in the future

Last edited by DamoESP; 04-06-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Im looking at 3 different things and want some oppinions on each

Suspension - Mostly want to drop it down for looks wise, little bit torn whether to just get some lower springs poss pinks (but heard they can clap out the struts if you don't change them). Or spend the extra and get some coilovers for around the 1-1.5k mark. I've heard the standard struts and springs in the Sti's are really good quality and cheapo coilovers are a backwards step. Any oppinions between springs or coilovers?

Rims - Been looking at things in the price range 1-2k mark, The Rota's seem to be good value for money, found some Works Emotions XD9's on ebay for around the 1200-1300 mark which i imagine are pretty similar quality to the rota's then haha. I was thinking 18x8.5+44 or 18x9+38 for size. I think i'd probably need the guards rolled if i got it fairly low.

Brakes - May or may not of seen that i've pretty much posted the same query in another, unrelated thread, of mine. Pretty certain the Rotors and pads are due replacing. Tossing up machining the existing rotors and replacing the pads, or spending the extra and upgrading the DBA4000's or something similar.

The car doesn't seen any track work and is only driven pretty hard on the road on occasion. The Rims and suspension choices are more based around the appearance of the car, and any performance gains just a bonus. As for the brakes its a matter of, i'm going to need to spend x amount of money of them soon so the decision is to spend what i need to spend, or spend the little extra if its going to give a decent improvement.

As always any criticism or oppinion welcomed.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Scoobie Noobie

harry27 at standard level

Hey man, I'm getting std coilovers done at evo r next tuesday, I was also torn between springs and coilovers but for 500 or so more you get a lot more adjustability with coilovers, in the long run it's probably worth it, I'll let you know how that goes, they're 1250 fitted btw.

When i got my car i picked up some Rota PWR's from vision r, with rubber fitted for 1700 i think look pretty good i like them, just wish i had gone with a more black colour, mine are "hyper black" i think which gives them a sort of grey/silver look. Might powder coat them. But personally i love the work emotion XD9's and thats bloody cheap for that set of them on ebay!! I priced up some white ones and was looking at around 1800. Just make sure they will clear the brembos.

As for brakes mine were buggered when i got the car so I opted to machine the rotors and get new pads all round from maximum, however 2 months down the track (now) they are screeching like an absolute bitch!! and now wish i had saved and gone for new rotors along with pads all round in the first place, because I might have to do that soon!

Hope this helps as I'm in the same boat with a similar car doing similar stuff! Mines an 04 sti
Old 12-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

kid at standard level

Coilovers with camber tops make adjustment easy when you need to fit hella tight rims.

I had STD R5's in my old STI...handled good but a little bit bumpy on the street. I did have them set pretty stiff though.
DukeDrifter likes this.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:09 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Amazing what a decent clean can do... just need to drop it down a bit and sort the wheels. Considering a DIY on that red trim, its really the only thing that bothers me
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2137.JPG   IMG_2135.JPG   IMG_2133.JPG  

Tags
05, sti

« Moving | Hello »