Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 07:27 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
To me it sounds like they are just wasting time for warranty to run out before they discover the "apparent issue". Once it runs out, they will then discover the issue in which you should prepare your anus.

Really?

I keep reminding myself why i come on this forum when people sprout stuff like that.....
nick73 likes this.

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 08-01-2014, 09:42 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Ok I doubt they are giving you the run around and make note that any complaint noted during the warranty period and not fixed still has to be resolved.

Some perspective for you I had a very slight "tinkle" sound that was hard to repeat and so quiet that the cat went in and out for months until one day I picked it up and it made the noise leaving the dealership.

Grabbed workshop foreman and threw him in the car. He finally heard the noise and it was fixed.

What was the noise?? A nut off the back of the valve stem in the rim bouncing around of the alloy rim. Can't be heard at any speed as it goes to the tyre side.

So don't give up yet

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM
STI Master

MY00GC8 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
Ok I doubt they are giving you the run around and make note that any complaint noted during the warranty period and not fixed still has to be resolved.

Some perspective for you I had a very slight "tinkle" sound that was hard to repeat and so quiet that the cat went in and out for months until one day I picked it up and it made the noise leaving the dealership.

Grabbed workshop foreman and threw him in the car. He finally heard the noise and it was fixed.

What was the noise?? A nut off the back of the valve stem in the rim bouncing around of the alloy rim. Can't be heard at any speed as it goes to the tyre side.

So don't give up yet

I was working on your car or was service advising (bad memory) when this noise occurred, I remember it being a pain in the ass to find!!

Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 PM
STI Master

MY00GC8 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwa View Post
Hey all, new user, new post.....

So, bought myself a new WRX 2011 a couple of years ago from... i guess i cant mention the dealer.

over a year ago i notice a noise coming from the engine at exactly 3000 rpm, its some sort of rattle and is most noticeable in 3rd gear but occasionally heard in 2nd and 4th.
It does not happen every time you drive the car but i can hear it about 70% of the time, when accelerating. sounds like it has something to do with the turbo as it is always at 3000 when turbo is spooling.

I have taken it back to the dealer several times, they always say they cannot hear the noise and they return the keys (stick there head in the sand)
The foreman has been out on a test drive with me 3 seperate times and says he can hear the noise.

recently they had my car in for 1 week and they tell me the noise is coming from a heat shield, which they say they have removed and have a new one on order.
Not a day later the noise is back!!!

the cars warranty is near expiration and the car has only done 20K, no mods...

If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated, going out of my mind here!!!!!

Thanks Ashwa
I highly doubt they are giving you the run around, dealers don't avoid doing warranty , they get paid for the labour time etc that is spent on the vehicle , it's money in there pocket.
Being an intermittent fault they are very difficult to pin point and resolve.
Ring the dealer, organise a time to driving with the foreman, and try to ensure the foreman works on the vehicle so he can replicate the noise and attempt to resolve it.
I can understand your frustration but be patient because these situations are difficult.
I come from a dealership background and now work as a service advisor and see this day in day out, and it's a frustrating situation for both parties, the dealer will want your car fixed as much as you do

Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Hey mate, my car was very low k when I got it and I noticed that noise on mine about a year into ownership, always stressed me too thinking shaft play what not but no mechanic or workshop has had anything but positive reports on its condition. Mine still goes strong, don't stress, I think if it is damage its just slow wear n tear

Tags
3000, noise, wrx2011