Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

RE: BRACKET
Looks like I'm attaching one to the driver's side! Thanks for that offer Dave –*Saturday is out but Sunday fo sho if you're free. We could do it in the morning and maybe head to that JDM cruise for a looksee at midday. Anyway name your price for the gear. I can pay in beer too

RE: HELMET
Jim will probably pipe up on here to clarify, but he mentioned it's a new Stilo WRC one so I think it's a 2011 model but maybe it's a '12 model. He said it was around AU$800 when bought @ Demon Tweaks. It might be a bit too hard at this point but it's worth putting the feelers out.

RE: TRIANGLES ETC
I assumed it was just one of those regs they add but don't enforce haha. I do not have a CAMS-approved first aid kit or triangles.

HARNESS:
I won't have a harness for this round; I'm grabbing one from Demon Tweaks when I'm there in Feb. But STechnic will still weld in harness mounts at the rear on the Thursday of the event. Dave where did you grab your eyelets and backing plate from when you did yours? I don't think STechnic supply.

Thanks again for any info.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

inrextc at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
What intercom system is it? Usually the plugs are different from manufacturer to manufacturer.
You can get adaptor plugs to suit but they are not cheap.

The eyelets you should be able to get from Go gear or Revolution.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Triangles, first aid, etc will all be checked at scrut so get it done! I had the OK/SOS rally card too (printed on paper) as a just in case. I don't know if it is needed for the event though.

Triangles can be purchased at Bunnings. I got a 'cams approved' first aid kit from rev racegear - comes embroided to tell me that it is cams

Harness fittings, Rev Racegear, Searle, Go Gear. If you can travel NoR, Ivan at Go Gear does the scrut for the series (or was doing it last time I was there) so he would be able to help out.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
What intercom system is it? Usually the plugs are different from manufacturer to manufacturer.

ie. A Peltor helmet with intercom like Doug's will not work with a Stilo system.
Obviously so once you have their system, you have to keep buying their parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
He's wanting to give it a try before the next round when he will be driving. I don't have a helmet with an intercom but if anyone does and is willing to lend it for Thursday the 19th it would be very much appreciated from both of us!

If you don't have the helmet yourself but know of anyone who does, please PM either James or me with details!

In return, I offer a video of me binning it into a big scary concrete barrier that really shouldn't be there...
I'm pre-empting that part.
I have one of the Peltor in helmet ones you are welcome to borrow. It is this one.

Peltor MT63 Full face Headset | Peltor Full Face Helmet Intercom Headset | Rallynuts

Cheers

Brendon
Old 11-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
RE: BRACKET
Looks like I'm attaching one to the driver's side! Thanks for that offer Dave –*Saturday is out but Sunday fo sho if you're free. We could do it in the morning and maybe head to that JDM cruise for a looksee at midday. Anyway name your price for the gear. I can pay in beer too

RE: HELMET
Jim will probably pipe up on here to clarify, but he mentioned it's a new Stilo WRC one so I think it's a 2011 model but maybe it's a '12 model. He said it was around AU$800 when bought @ Demon Tweaks. It might be a bit too hard at this point but it's worth putting the feelers out.

RE: TRIANGLES ETC
I assumed it was just one of those regs they add but don't enforce haha. I do not have a CAMS-approved first aid kit or triangles.

HARNESS:
I won't have a harness for this round; I'm grabbing one from Demon Tweaks when I'm there in Feb. But STechnic will still weld in harness mounts at the rear on the Thursday of the event. Dave where did you grab your eyelets and backing plate from when you did yours? I don't think STechnic supply.

Thanks again for any info.
I have a bunch of the short length eyebolts in my spare parts box at home that are of no use to me. May just need to purchase 1 long one for the attachment of the lap part of the belt to attach to the existing seltbelt bottom mount next to the drivers seat. I dont have any mounting plates.

Sunday sounds like a go. Come over and we can work out exactly what bits I have and what bits you need to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Triangles, first aid, etc will all be checked at scrut so get it done! I had the OK/SOS rally card too (printed on paper) as a just in case. I don't know if it is needed for the event though.

Triangles can be purchased at Bunnings. I got a 'cams approved' first aid kit from rev racegear - comes embroided to tell me that it is cams

Harness fittings, Rev Racegear, Searle, Go Gear. If you can travel NoR, Ivan at Go Gear does the scrut for the series (or was doing it last time I was there) so he would be able to help out.
Triangles can also be found at SuperShit, Auto1, Repco.

My first aid kit is a St John ambulance one which passed scrutineering fine without having "CAMS approved" on it.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
My first aid kit is a St John ambulance one which passed scrutineering fine without having "CAMS approved" on it.
Yup but if you are buying a new one, that writing should give you at least another 10hp
Old 11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Allegedly I am codriving. WTF?? I am a really bad passenger and far too heavy and have no clue on being in that seat. Its always the drivers fault when it goes bad isnt it?
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Co-driving for who Blaise?
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR RA View Post
Allegedly I am codriving. WTF?? I am a really bad passenger and far too heavy and have no clue on being in that seat. Its always the drivers fault when it goes bad isnt it?
If your far to heavy i feel sorry for alex
Old 11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
STI Master

RSR-WRC at standard level

this is the helmet i have purchased.

STILO

whats the adapter worth?

Tags
mcrae, rallysprint, sandy vaginas, series