Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2007, 02:50 PM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
theres two water temp sensors on the RS. one is a single pin plug used for the dash cluster. And the other is a two pin plug sensor used to give exact temps directly to the ECU. Just a guess but, maybe your two pin water temp sensor is gone and the ECU is not running properly when cold as there is a separate map for cold starts. combined with the vacuum line issue causes your issues.

Replace the water temp sensor which I believe is screwed in the metal water pipe running under the intake manifold and see how you go.

That would make sense since you dropped heaps of water the other day. Sensor has crapped out!

Well I hope not, it's your buy this week Ben
Old 26-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Scoobie Noobie

WagonRS at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
theres two water temp sensors on the RS. one is a single pin plug used for the dash cluster. And the other is a two pin plug sensor used to give exact temps directly to the ECU. Just a guess but, maybe your two pin water temp sensor is gone and the ECU is not running properly when cold as there is a separate map for cold starts. combined with the vacuum line issue causes your issues.

Replace the water temp sensor which I believe is screwed in the metal water pipe running under the intake manifold and see how you go.
I gave the mechanic a call today, and apparently he thinks the car runs fine. It could be that when I had my busted water pipe and the cooling system ran dry, it probably fowled up (sorry to state the obvious, but I'm getting to a point.) And the car got a good run yesterday with a belly full of coolant. If the car runs fine still after service and he doesn't replace anything, the first thing I'm doing is replacing that sensor.

Rs liberty: Goes like a WRX, sounds like a WRX, looks like something ya Gran might drive. Sleepa..
Old 27-07-2007, 08:03 AM
STI Master

Miggidy at standard level

wellll.....

technically if he replaces your plugs and the car runs fine..... you are buying beer! Any court would rule that you cannot prove anything about the water temp sensor!

I'm with you tho Ben, it's all since you had the water issues. It has to be related to that.
Old 27-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Scoobie Noobie

WagonRS at standard level

Got my car back today, the guy reckons he couldn't fault it! And to top it off, he forgot to fucking service the car!!! This is fucking bullshit, its hard enough to organize transport to work when your cars being repaired, let alone coming back to a car with the same problems. The guy told me to sell it and buy a real car!! I will admit the problem seems to be gone, but it was shuddering a bit when it was warming up..

Rs liberty: Goes like a WRX, sounds like a WRX, looks like something ya Gran might drive. Sleepa..

Tags
liberty, powered, problem, rs