Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-2009, 06:28 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

hahaah nice one nah i mean all the shit like cams and stuff. might take me a while to work all that out :P
Old 16-04-2009, 12:43 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

sMY00n at standard level

as this thread is already open I am wondering how much should I be paying for a EJ207 like the full engine, stock turbo, ECU the whole shooting match ???? I have been looking for a while now and have not been able to find anything.

can you also buy these engines new or will I have to get a second hand one.
Old 16-04-2009, 12:46 PM
WRXRW

i managed to source a complete long motor (minus turbo & exhaust manifold) from a 04 jdm spec c with "test" kms only for under 5 grand.

they are out there, just gotta know where to look.
Old 16-04-2009, 12:51 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

JWS have a JDM '08 STI complete long motor currently.
Old 16-04-2009, 12:53 PM
WRXRW

http://www.japanesewholesale.com.au/...rod_detail=468

now that's the ticket, grab the box aswell!
Old 16-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

$0 is a bargain!
Old 16-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

go all out.

t67.....
Old 16-04-2009, 01:34 PM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm
hahaah nice one nah i mean all the shit like cams and stuff. might take me a while to work all that out :P
mate,
your best bet is the ej207 with the vf34 and associated suppt systems (fuel pump etc). It will make enough power to be fun and driveable without giving ou too many reliability issues. Standard calipers are fine with dba 4000 rotors (I alsorun bendix ultimate pads) and my car has done diver training days at barbagallo with 2 drivers back to back for an hou with little/no rest between.

at the power levels suggested of aound 200kw atw, you will have more then enough to enjoy yourself on the track. Chasing too much power comes with its costs.
a) the powerband of the motor is very small and high up in the rev range (5000-6000pm) which means that the motor is very lazy down low and a pig to drive around town.

b) you will not be able to learn you car with big hp as it will bite you very quickly. Start moderately and squeeze more out of it as your skills improve as a driver. Driving fast on the road is very different to going quick on a track.

c)you seem quite obsessed with the whole stroker idea. take one thing into account when thinking about mods...... research and experience. Most of the people on here have been there and done that many times. Bigger or heavily modded does not always mean better. Sometimes keeping it simple can be the best option because there will come a time when you crave the simplicity of a factory car and how well it does everything (these are normally the days when yet another thing goes pop).

what the guys have said so far will gve you safe, reliable power which leaves one and arguably the most important aspect, you.
Old 16-04-2009, 05:42 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

has anyone asked what computer he is running?? mate your 12k budget is going to be gone before you blink.

Buy a complete long motor either 205 or (preferably)207 chuck a VF34/35/22/23 on it and get an autronic smc/sm2 and have it tuned properly. You are not going to get 400hp with 12k period unless you are doing ALL the work yourself.

This will give you some change to mess with suspension and braking. You will need to get a better than std intake and 3 inch exhaust etc for the engine.

Not trying to poo poo your ideals but if you try to get too much without doing it properly ie injectors, fuel pump and the rest of the ancillaries you will be posting in less than 6 months saying your engine is blown again and XXX workshop are pricks because it's blown up. on top of all this if you run more than 300hp through a std 5 speed with a 3.9 final drive more than likley you will be replacing the gearbox in a month because there will be no gear left on the mainshaft so add another 3k to rebuild or buy a used one.

Change out the diffs for 4.11 or 4.44 if you know how and you will feel like you have more power unless you are planning on doing top speed runs down the fwy.

that is my 2 cents

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 16-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME
JWS have a JDM '08 STI complete long motor currently.
Too much of a head fuck as it runs the CAN 2wire system in the wiring loom. Do able but certainly not plug and play.

It is also a different wiring loom to an ADM 2.5l 08 sti as I thought buying an ADM sti would be a good way to go and then drop that engine in but apparently it is all too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm
just some clarification my idea of good pads is bendix ultimate because thats the most expensive i could find last time i replaced em but i didnt do much research back then. i know you get wat you pay for with pads especially. are there better ones thatll fit on the factory 4pots?

You did not look real hard. It is easy to pay $450 for a set of pagid blues for the front. Horrid street pad but awesome on the track.

Brendon

Last edited by urabus; 16-04-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Tags
207, questions