Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

type25 at standard level

I would suggest id2000's Joe if you need to upgrade injectors.

apparantley the idle quality/tunability of these is so good,

that to prove a point,

a set were fitted to a standard honda and it was tuned to idle perfectly and have good driveability/road manners.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:47 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Is the sucrogen type fuel the CSR brand that you can buy from RPW? I would have thought so.. CSR = sugar. Sucrogen, same same

We are going to try a 50:50 just to see how my injectors and pump handle it, and we'll go from there.. only because I've got 10 days before my tune to organise it, definitely not enough time to source injectors/resistors and fuel pump.

How about fuel line upgrades? Is that required or just heresay?

Also what do you mean about oxidised turbo housings?? is that only heat coated ones, or all?
csr ethanol is now called sucrogen bioethonol, most if not all csr branded stuff has dried up which is good as the new stuff now contains anti oxidising agents to stop things like turbo housings rusting. it has to be said that avoid using non csr stuff like elf or any others claiming to be racing 85. if its not green and doesn't smell like god farting refuse to use it!

i would advise against blending or decanting your own mix. it is so easy to get wrong and the margin for error is far greater not to mention the pain it is to equally measure 1:1. i did this @ 10, 20 & 30% and each time the case was being made for straight 100% e85.

i have used 2200cc's id's in the typhoon with fantastic results. it starts, idles and part throttles like a standard car on 480cc injectors, amazing stuff....all using the factory ecu as well with three 044's behind it. i have also bought a set of 2000's for the racecar when the day (finally) comes that will be running straight e85.

200 series teflon is the go but you could argue against it as no evidence to suggest that infact it makes any difference long term.

my ute will be converting to a straight 85 mix shortly as the stuff is so good that you simply wont believe how you lived without it for that long!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

when i get my arse into gear i will do this also..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
WRXRW

this is an old dynoplot, which is u98 vs e85. it shows the radical difference between both fuels as no word of lie, apart from a small scaling change on the then 1200cc's injectors, same timing, same boost levels, just fuel change.....naturally the injectors ran out...the torque is the biggest winner...things like reduction in lag and running 15-20 degree's cooler is just a huge bonus!

@ 19psi U98 ran out of puff to show around 490rwkws which is good going really for the fuel,

the sky is the limit on e85, the typhoon is up around 600rwkw @ just 25psi on the first wastegate spring, i have been promised a whole lot more with a stiffer spring and around 35psi but not sure i wanna visit crazy town just yet!

another thing, no matter how hard you try and how hot it gets, you simply cannot get e85 to ping......fact! (unless your steve thomas, he would find a way)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
when i get my arse into gear i will do this also..
qft ^
Old 27-01-2011, 12:01 PM
WRXRW

this has been gathering pace for the last two weeks and pricing has started to creep up, supply issues? or greedy people adding taxes?

http://www.smh.com.au/business/flood...111-19m18.html

http://queenslandfloods.incairns.net...orning-herald/

as it stands, pricing has gone up by about 100$ for 4 drums, which wont break the bank for most people, but prices will continue to go up this is for certain. buy in bulk now or wait & see?

another option is getting 98% proof straight from sucrogen and mixing either U98 or better yet (for those not running cats) high octane racing fuel to go 116+ which is not a bad thing but decanting is such a pain.

on a personal note, my mega $ rotary drum pump failed (lack of back flushing? lack of lubrication? being sent for warranty) the other day, a replacement is on its way, but with most things...i stumbled across this

http://www.petroindustrial.com.au/prod158.htm

the agent is on leave until the end of the month, typical! but for the lazy bones out there, this could be a nice setup!

Tags
corn, juice