Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Had the solenoid for a fair while now cost like 80buks of carmods on sale. Rally car is a pipe dream atm, that was never going to eventuate this year like i was planning, maybe buying the car, but not speccing it and racing. Also sold a bike and got a sweet deal from the importer so the new one cost fuck all . And still saving for the house, So basically killing the Pig thanks to the sweet job i scored.
Old 20-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Ok so. I made a vid of my wastegate whilst driving the car and making it flutter. The wastegate did not move at all during the fluttering. So i was dong some more thinking. I think the turbo is producing boost earlier than required. My boost guage is hooked up to my manifold so i was thinking off hooking it up pre throttle to check what is happening during the flutter.

I was doing some reading on here the other night and found this from way back that supports my idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
A BOV prevents compressor surge on shifts. You can get surge at lower rpm when you make too much boost too early. Usually you need to be in 4th or higher to build enough boost that early.

This can be tuned out easily. Just need to lower the target boost and WGDC values at the rpms where the turbo surges. If you requested this specifically it can be done in a verso tune.

If you log manifold pressure during surge it looks like a saw tooth as it spikes up and down and then flattens out once the engine starts to flow a bit more.

Hoepfully this is it.
Old 28-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Scoobie Noobie

ukwrx at standard level
Arrow solution here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Ok another question. Is it common for the wastegate shaft to leak? When i took my heat shield of the turbo their was a patch of exhaust stain about to fifty cent coins big where the wastegate shaft enters the turbine houseing?
You were spot on back here.

I've got the same car & mileage!! and have been through the same problem over a 12 month period. Its all documented here with the solution on page 2. (i'm bluehawkeye on this site)

help with 2.5 wrx tapping/ticking noise under load - SIDC Forums

It appears to be a world wide issue, and limited to the 2006 2.5 so must be a specific resonance or batch issue.

Last edited by ukwrx; 28-07-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 31-07-2013, 07:09 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

i hide psi is unrated

ive got a wrx gc8 .with td06 20g with gate and mine flutters on low RPM and mate got same setup on a 06 and is the same so think it depends on setup

Tags
flutter, wastegate