Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-01-2013, 11:54 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRXMatt at standard level
Default Wheel Bearing Issue

Last week my front left wheel started making noises. After about 10mins of driving i could hear a squeaking noise (kind of like the noise a mouse running on a wheel makes). It wasnt very loud while driving but alot louder when coming to a stop. So i jacked up the car and I could move the wheel quite easy back and forth.
From what ive heard this means the wheel bearing is gone. I just called up a workshop in perth and they are saying if its moving then the Hub might be gone as well. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this? Could it just be the bearing? Or is it the hub because the wheel can be moved?
Just trying to get a idea of what it could be so I can have the right amount of cash ready to fix it.

Cobb Air Intake
STI Intercooler

Tags
bearing, issue, wheel