Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2015, 07:04 AM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

No you don't
amtrapid likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Howabout you enlighten us with your wisdom amtrapid instead of dropping derogatory comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
ARP 2000 are fine for mild builds . Fuck buying 625+ if you need the strength there are better alternatives to be had for the same price.

Stop riding each others cocks.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:17 AM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

If someone wants help they are welcome to PM me and I'd rather sit down with them and give them some advice as plenty have already .

If you know what you're doing you should know that there are better alternatives to be had . If you don't save your money pay someone that does know and ask if you can be included in the build process .

A lot cheaper then taking advice from the Internet and you learn the correct way without wasting money on shit you don't need or doesn't do the job.

Way too much bad advice given on the interwebs IMHO. You learn from doing , but best to eliminate the learning from mistakes by doing it right the first time.

Sent from under my Dok Dok
Old 04-07-2015, 09:22 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Quote:
If someone wants help they are welcome to PM me and I'd rather sit down with them and give them some advice as plenty have already .

If you know what you're doing you should know that there are better alternatives to be had . If you don't save your money pay someone that does know and ask if you can be included in the build process .

A lot cheaper then taking advice from the Internet and you learn the correct way without wasting money on shit you don't need or doesn't do the job.

Way too much bad advice given on the interwebs IMHO. You learn from doing , but best to eliminate the learning from mistakes by doing it right the first time.

Amen to that .... Good shit troy !

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
amtrapid likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

Just use the B4 block / heads and fit a single turbo oil drain & block the second oil line
Old 04-07-2015, 10:07 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Just use the B4 block / heads and fit a single turbo oil drain & block the second oil line
I have a single turbo drain in shed if needed

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 04-07-2015, 10:12 AM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

This is an open forum. Knowledge is learnt through reading on other peoples experiences and mistakes. Personally I wouldn't be just reading comments on this forum. I'd extend it out to the American sites aswell. It's a shame Rexnet isn't still about aswell.

Now, if everyone PM's you, what do the majority learn from this? Nothing!!! Plus you will most likely get harassed by mulitiple people instead you could just bullet point the pro and cons you have learnt through experience! Save you alot of PM's. Then it's open to all that want to read what you have to say or they can just dismiss it.

From my experience the ARP2000 headstuds failed due to stretching. My STi isn't no 500hp monster but it is slightly more powerful than a stock STi rolling off the showroom floor. Now, I wouldn't be putting together another engine if the head studs werent decent to start with.

On that note alot of young guys will screw more boost into their new engines so why not let them know that ARP2000's arent probably the best option. Hence why I'm purchasing something that can handle a little more power!

Quote:

Old 04-07-2015, 10:52 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

nwt1976 at standard level

Hi fable

yes the rebuild will be pretty much the same but im getting a workshop to do the work.

Havn't completely decided on which direction let, but will get the ball rolling this week.

Basically EJ207 semi closed block rebuilt.

Good luck on the rebuild. Fun times.
Fable likes this.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 AM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Knowledge is Learnt through practice knowing of something and knowing how to do it are two different things .

Such as if you're going to say something is stretched have evidence such as before torque and at torque lengths and height . Show me how these have stretched beyond their tolerance .

If you're ones did stretch they either were not torqued to specs or you bought the wrong studs for your application ie people will wind more boost in .
What head gaskets did you use . What order were the heads torqued , did you use factory or ARP Instructions . Did you use ARP assembly lubricant . Was your machine work done correctly. Did you make sure the stud holes were completely clean and free of debris .

How much experience have you had I've only been working with Subarus for 20 odd yrs .

I definitely use forums for information but not Knowledge . I have real life experience for knowledge .

And fucking LOL at getting correct info from a forum when people with the experience , get ignored and people do exactly what the failures have posted .

For a fact I have built at least 15 odd long motors with ARP 2000 head studs with that have seen 18 to 21 psi, on up to TD06 turbos without an issue. That have been driven for years without an issue making over 300 ATW .

If you wanted to future proof your engine yes you could use better studs but the build to be future mod proof would be far from mild .

I don't give a fuck how many PMs I get I'm happy to help and if I don't know I won't dribble bullshit I will send you to someone that does. Because there is a wealth of knowledge out there that people will never share on the Internet they will show you.

Rossco likes this.

Last edited by amtrapid; 04-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:26 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

nwt1976 at standard level

Im not sure what type of head studs are going into my engine, i'll have to ask. But they are using ARP head stud kit. More likely ARP 2000 studs.
amtrapid likes this.

Tags
625+ cock riding club, 99, engine, rebuild, seized, wrx