Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DOCILE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Well, personally i see alot of what people call "soccer mums" speeding through school zones.Which is pathetic seeing as they have kids of their own!

Couldnt agree more, most people speeding in school zones seem to be women who can barely see over the steering wheel of their 4wds and minivans. I see it almost everyday when waiting to pick my kids up from school, alot of the kids dont know the first thing about road safety either, which doesnt help.

Didnt want to start a bitch session about it but it makes your heart jump out of your chest when you see a mixture of kids running accross roads and people not driving to conditions around schools.

Most schools seem to have pretty piss poor traffic management and design, forcing kids to have to cross roads in order to get to parked cars on the other side etc.
Old 19-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCILE
As long as there is a time restriction on a speed zone there are going to be people argueing about what time they were caught, maybe 20 is a bit extreme but to have school zones at 40 for part of the day then 50 for another hardly seems worth it.

so you ARE saying that there should be speed restrictions in schools at 3am sunday morning ?

besides, its not like every road near a school is 50, 40km/hr is a blanket speed for all schools. at my last job i had to drive past 3 schools to get there, some 60, some 70kmh roads, so claiming 40 is hardly worth it is as stupid as... oh i dunno, school speed limits on a sunday.

In reality, its all a money making fear excercise by our lovely government. you can generate millions in revenue by putting speed limits up & pinging people doing 2km over, but you actually have to PAY a lollypop lady to help kids safely cross the road.
Old 19-09-2007, 07:03 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphoolin
Well, personally i see alot of what people call "soccer mums" speeding through school zones.Which is pathetic seeing as they have kids of their own!
And I ping them any chance I get.
Old 19-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

The bit that shits me is when they have a school zone on a duel carrage way. Almost every school has one side that faces onto a side street.

There is just no excuse for the kids to be exiting onto a major road and no reason to have a school zone on it.
Old 19-09-2007, 07:10 PM

DOCILE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
so you ARE saying that there should be speed restrictions in schools at 3am sunday morning ?

besides, its not like every road near a school is 50, 40km/hr is a blanket speed for all schools. at my last job i had to drive past 3 schools to get there, some 60, some 70kmh roads, so claiming 40 is hardly worth it is as stupid as... oh i dunno, school speed limits on a sunday.

In reality, its all a money making fear excercise by our lovely government. you can generate millions in revenue by putting speed limits up & pinging people doing 2km over, but you actually have to PAY a lollypop lady to help kids safely cross the road.

Yeah Im sure politicians all sit around a big table and say fuck the road toll, lets make some money by changing speed limits near school zones. There are two sides of the arguement, the first would be in the NT for instance where they put speed limits in place to lower the so call road toll where statistics showed that the main causes were alcohol and seat belts. The second would be placing speed restrictions on area such as school zones where children do get knocked over and people do not always drive sensibly. I can see the arguement about not needing a restriction at 3am in the morning, but you are always going to get people who want to argue over a few minutes, police should also excersise descretion when handing out these fines, if a person is sincere about there mistake and they are let off with a warning then most people are likely to take it on board and be more careful in the future.
Old 19-09-2007, 07:13 PM

DOCILE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
And I ping them any chance I get.
I think I may have jumped into the lions den here. I may need some backup Giddyup if the shit gets to heavy
Old 19-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Yeah Im sure politicians all sit around a big table and say fuck the road toll, lets make some money by changing speed limits near school zones.
that would honestly not suprise me in the least. what ever happened to lolly pop ladies anyway

Quote:
There are two sides of the arguement, the first would be in the NT for instance where they put speed limits in place to lower the so call road toll where statistics showed that the main causes were alcohol and seat belts. The second would be placing speed restrictions on area such as school zones where children do get knocked over and people do not always drive sensibly.
i wonder if there is a correlation in the number of children knocked over and the number of women driving 4wds with bad visibility.

im not saying speed limits are a bad thing, i just heartily disagree with the thinking that school speed limits should apply all the time. on the way home now i endure 2 school zones at 4pm and they are completely desolate. i like the idea of giant flashing lights when the school speed restriction is in place, then there is NO excuse (especially for parents) to be doing excessive speed
Old 19-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

They still use "lollipop" people in some places Jester. Theres at least 3 places on Canning Hwy from Freo to Como. Some on Risely St too. They're around.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 19-09-2007, 08:44 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

JuniorWrecks at standard level

Quote:
Yeah Im sure politicians all sit around a big table and say fuck the road toll, lets make some money by changing speed limits near school zones.

And lets fine People $200 for street drinking..!!
Old 19-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I've got a solution, build a f-ckin bridge or underpass for evey school that has a so called dangerous crossing section!!

Would be good use for the millions and millions of dollars the c-ck-sucking government makes from Multinova, etc fines.....

Tags
speeding, ticket