Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-2007, 12:31 AM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

I recently put 8000k headlights in and one night on the way home from claremont i was stopped at a booze bus, the cop tested me, checked my P's and all was good, then he looked at my lights and made that "fuck thats bright" face, he then said have you got a permit for those and i simply said "Its an import from Japan and they need xenons like these for the foggy conditions". He believed me and let me go, lol!

You can use their ignorance about cars against them, until you get one that knows shit about shit, then youre in for it
Old 27-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Yeah some are stupid but some are just as cluey about cars.

Me mate after being pulld over numerous times in his old VL turbo had some real winners. Such as

Cop: "What is that? That doesnt seem stock"
Gazza: "Thats my windscreen wiper bottle"

Cop: "Havnt seen a commodoore with that second radiator before"
Gazza: "Thats an intercooler"
Old 27-09-2007, 12:50 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

dabomb789 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
Well, I originally wasnt going to make a comment on what happened to me the other week while on a cruise, but considering today, I just came across another example, I thought I might share.

On the cruise
After getting a bit ahead of the group, I made a wrong turn, got to a set of lights, and done a U-turn on a green light. As I did it, I had the unfortunate luck of doing the turn while there was an unmarked police car at the other side of the lights, whom promptly pulled me over. Ok. I have no problem with this, yes I did something wrong, but this wasnt the issue.
After talking to the cop, he said Id get an infingment in the mail, then said he wanted to check over my car, now, for those who dont know, my car is almost completely stock, except a 3" exhaust. (and a verso, but a cop wouldnt know that). Its also, mechanically, in good order, no leaks etc.
Anyway, after a bit of checking, he points at my turbo, and says "I dont know what it is with you guys and sticking turbos on anything with wheels. I bet you dont have an engineers cert for that, and I can yellow sticker you for not having a permit for it."

Yeah......you read that right......to which I replied "Well, if have a problem with it, then I suggest you take it up with Subaru, considering the car came from the factory with it"
His reply was "dont be a smartass"
I just shrugged and said "well, if you yellow me for that, then Ill see you in court"
Ok, I admit, probably not the smartest thing to say, anyhow he didnt comment and kept looking over the car, said he might also yellow me for:
1 - The power cable for my amplifier (its properly insulated and secured/installed)
2 - My missing intake resonator

In the end though, he let me go.

Today
Driving down horrie miller drv, just having left work, I get pulled over, the cop tells me I was speeding and goes to issue me a ticket for doing 9kph over. Well, you may ask, why am I saying this cop was short a few IQ points? The speed he pinged me for was 79....problem is, I was in an 80 zone!!!!!!!! After a little debating he goes "Ill let you off with a warning"
Im still trying to work that out, I get warned for doing 79 in an 80 zone...thats a new one.

Well, in the end, I just had a good laugh at these 2, annoying at the time, but on thinking back at it, I find it funny.

hehe Id say I got a 'warning' as a way of the cop realising his mistake, and him trying to save face. hehehe
this is just my opinion, but the first cop might have told his work mates about this particular guy with a wrx and slamming in a "turbo". Dude he might be on the look out for you just bcos of your smart comments. If u get pulled over again for no reason... u proved my theory right...
Old 27-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

heh, its interesting to read how a simple thread like this can include personal attacks from certain people.
Amazing.

Anyway, back on subject, I doubt thats the case 'dabomb', although, it would be somewhat funny if he did tell his workmates about the WRX with an added turbo, especially if they knew it was factory fitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
At the end of the day.. I would be counting myself lucky no infringements, no work orders and no points off your mdl..

Just be thanking yourself they were not real wankers aswell..

97RA whats with the personal attacks?
Yeah, I was glad, i could have easily got a fine or a yellow, this thread wasnt put up to complain, it was just sharing the....umm fun....besides, I figured that some might post up their amusing stories, something to read.

I mean, a few years ago I had one cop who tripped over while walking to my car, oh it was so hard to try and keep a straight face when he came and spoke to me.
Pissed myself laughing when I drove off

As for 97RA's comments... I was wondering the same as you foz.

Last edited by gumby2006; 27-09-2007 at 05:48 AM.
Old 27-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned

Mat at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Mat

Gumby, if your seriously not happy MAKE A COMPLAINT and follow it up. In this day and age its too easy to get an employees name (be it a copper, an insurance person, a checkout chick, a maccas employee etc etc) and speak to someone with half a brain in charge and have a chat to them. Some managers / bosses / superiors are well aware of what some of their staff are like and will be pretty helpful and get the problem sorted.
Old 27-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

On the subject of dumb cops...

Once I was at a party, and someone did a skid out the front in their fully siq Magna. There is a cop that lives on the street, and all he saw was a dark blue car speeding off up the street after laying a pretty impressive strip... so he phoned his mates and they rocked up about 10mins later.

At this point, I was out the front with a mate, talking cars and having a quiet beer, away from the noise out the back. When the cops rolled up they asked me why I had done the burnout up the street. (my current car was a Mazda MX-6 Front Wheel Drive Turbo - also dark blue) I told them I had been drinking and the car hadn't been anywhere.

The Lady Cuntstable then proceeded to feel my rear tyres to see if they were warm and when i proceeded to inform her (in my drunken state) that the vehicle was front wheel drive, she attempted to arrest me "for being a smart ass" Eventually, after we convinced her that it was not us who did the burnout, but someone who had come to pick up someone from the party, and we didn't know who it was, she attempted to arrest us for street drinking. Got to the point of shoving my mate and my heads against the paddy wagon and wrenching our arms behind out backs. Eventually, we ended up getting out of that too, after we told them that we were behind the letterbox still, thus being on private property.

They don't like it when you have a smart assed, yet correct answer to everything they try and pin you for. In the end, they drove off giving us a "warning". For what, im not sure...
Old 27-09-2007, 09:21 AM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

When I get pulled over I set my mobile to record the audio an leave in my pocket. I am never a smart ass and nothing has ever come of it although should a cop be a real asswipe then I will make a little youtube presentation. I know a mobile wont hold up in court as the cop didnt know he/she is being recorded, but it will stand up on the web
Old 27-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

I would have asked him to give me the 79 in an 80 zone ticket and then gone and complained my arse off.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:48 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

97RA at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby2006
As for 97RA's comments... I was wondering the same as you foz.
Nup, not you, you did pretty much the right thing all the way.

It's just that the inevitable rain of stereotypes of every cop as a dumb, nazi, etc etc has an effect on attitudes for some that read this stuff then creates the kind of behaviour that makes the driver of a certain type of car a target.

Apart from that I've never been a fan of anecdotes anyway.
Old 27-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

if we are discussing stories of our run ins with the cops/dumb cops, a few years back, some of you would remember the black STi "creepin" and the alleged run he had down risley street, someone recorded the police scanner of them putting out the apparent drag on the forum for people to download.

Anyway, heading to a mates place one sat night, i was in my old my98 green wrx, some cops ahead of me were turning right onto south st, i pulled up next to them and turned left, they all of suddenn changed directions followed me and pulled me over, a female officer approached me while her male companion stayed in the car, she asked me if i knew a wrx with the plates "creepin" i sed i knew of the car but not the person, i already knew of it being in an alleged drag race on risley at this point, she then informed me that it was in such a race and my vehicle matched the description of the car it was racing and says it must of been me (all they had on the other car was that it was green) i immediatley denied it saying what makes you think it was me, she chirps in "oh your wrx is green" im like umm ok thats it?? how many green wrxs are there in perth?? she also goes oh it had the big wing (STi) like yours too, jeez ur gonna need abit more then that.

She proceeds to ask for my mobile number and that ill be phoned next week to come down to the station for questioning, gave her my number, and left, they never searched or checked my car, and i never got that phone call, prolly just tryna scare me into admitting it was me or some shit.

Tags
cops, dumber