Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-09-2007, 09:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

hybridgx at standard level

I have a mate who rode around on a Duke 749 on his R-E Licence (limit of 250cc for those who don't know), cop pulled him over and asked what CCs the bike was, which clearly states on the side 749, and got away by saying it was a 250. I mean, CMON!

All these things I would have thought be in the training. Where to look for an engine number for stolen motors, where to look for a CC rating of a bike, just basic vehicle knowledge.

As for Impresiv's post, I thought with burnouts/ hoon law stuff, they have to have recorded footages of you in the act. What if a made drove your car to the shops and back and the tyres are warm. Was it taken further because of the cop who lived next door?

Bring on the A Team

MY04 STI Forester - v7 STI TMIC, Blitz Nurspec cat back.
MY98 'wannabe STI' GT Forester
Old 27-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Wow. I've never had a problem with police like you guys. They have always been very courteous and nice. Even when they tackled a thief through my fence they were nice to talk to, although it was funny being yelled at by a cop to phone the police.
Old 27-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

a few years back (when i owned a starion (yeah yeah laugh it up)) i was speeding...around 75km/h in a 60 zone when a copper pulled me over.....just to tell me that he's had a starion as well! started talking about it a bit, wished me good luck and then drove off...haha

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 27-09-2007, 10:42 AM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

At the end of the day.. Coppers are just human.. Everyone here will have made a mistake in their day to day jobs.. if you havent your a far better person than me.

I am very pro police I say good on them and usually think where has that poor prick just come from.. A sudden death, a serious or fatal crash, a violent domestic, a sexual assault, arrested an offender that spat blood at them or punched them in the face..

Im nice to them they are nice to me.. Works well..
Old 27-09-2007, 11:03 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

[MARZS] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
When I get pulled over I set my mobile to record the audio an leave in my pocket. I am never a smart ass and nothing has ever come of it although should a cop be a real asswipe then I will make a little youtube presentation. I know a mobile wont hold up in court as the cop didnt know he/she is being recorded, but it will stand up on the web
on this topic, are you allowed to record what a polic officer is saying to you if they pull you over??? and as for it not standing up in court, are you able to tell the police officer that you are recording their conversation? just curious
Old 27-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

I agree with you scott. I have generally had good cops. But the recent events I have had really understand why people hate cops.

Attempting to intimidate me into saying I did something I didn't is not going to work.
Old 27-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
At the end of the day.. Coppers are just human.. Everyone here will have made a mistake in their day to day jobs.. if you havent your a far better person than me.

I am very pro police I say good on them and usually think where has that poor prick just come from.. A sudden death, a serious or fatal crash, a violent domestic, a sexual assault, arrested an offender that spat blood at them or punched them in the face..

Im nice to them they are nice to me.. Works well..
I agree in a sense, but i think its pathetic that a cop can threaten someone with a yellow sticker for a having a turbo on a WRX. Yep, we all make mistakes in our workplace. But look at it this way, if im gonna threaten to throw someone out of the bar or cut them off, i make sure i know the liquer licensing laws regarding cutting people off before i start throwing threats around. To the same extent, a traffic cop should know wtf hes talking about before he starts threating yellows for a factory fitted turbo.

But yes, no dramas with cops from my end, always polite, generally get polite back. Most hassle ive had is being shouted at to turn off my foggies as i drove away from a RBT.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 27-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

I've had a fantastic experience with cops, few times where i've been a bit of an idiot and have had a little bit of a harsh treatment *anti lagging it past cops that had pulled over another wrx* but i can say i've only ever had a positive experience.
Old 27-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

SHW.PNY at standard level
Send a message via MSN to SHW.PNY

OH dear, yerh well I remember I was at a chrismas carol thing in my area and some mates and I where down there having a laugh and a couple of drinks... Next thing you know the cops pulls up and says can you please move off because we where disturbing people.....*hmm go figure* Then the guys noticed that the boys had woodies in a bag and they decided to tip all off the cans out and write us down in there.... "naughty book"...... Me being a little shit head that i am i told the boys to behave even though i was tipsy. Thankfully we got of lightly but yerh thats my only expericance of running into the cops...
Old 27-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

*Stockers* at standard level

Respect to the law, I know that I am neither patriotic or selfless enough to spend my working life being hated, avoided, sworn at and almost feared everywhere i go for 40k (ish) a year. This aspect of their profession often invades their personal lives. Good on them.

There are jerks in every field, but I maintain that you get as you give. A bit of tolerance, manners and courtesy goes a long long way. Prove to the man in blue that you arent one of these young hoons he has seen so many of, make him see that you are someone he can have a positive effect on. You just might make their day.

Oh and stupidity always, and I mean ALWAYS finds a way. It is the only constant in human nature.

Tags
cops, dumber