Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 02:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Flavio has stated publicly several times he would happily take him back.

He is currently trying to negotiate a sponsor to help pay for this to happen. And yes, FISI is a joke. Struggled for two - three years now. This years car was a dog though, so hopefully next year its fixed.

Toyota are rumoured to have offered 160 million for 3 years.. insane money. But he will be in a nowhere car with a nowhere team. I dont think he wants that. However, they will do anything he wants, and he might be tempted by the chance to build a team and take it to glory.. but I cant see it happening within 3 years.

Williams will make a decent car, but they need more money. They dont have the cash to waste on Alonso, unless Toyota throw them some more for making their motor look at least half decent rather then the mockery Toyota has made it to look in their chasis. Frank is also known to not enjoy paying large salaries, so unless Fernando took a pay cut, it wont happen. Frank is also alot less tolerant of prima dona type crap then most, so Fernando wouldnt last.

Ferrari wont touch him next year, but maybe secret deals for 09?

BMW dont need or want him.

However, I have this feeling he will end up in a direct swap at Red Bull for Webber. Works well for all - RB has the cash to pay him, they have the Renault motor which is powerful, they have Adrian Newey who is a legend designing this car with a full team this year as opposed to last years half assed effort, they have a grip on the tyres. They where improving tons towards the end of the year and will continue to do so. Webber brings McLaren experience, the ability to develop the car, and most importantly, someone who be willing to play second fiddle to Hamilton in order to get a good car. He has the talent, he just needs to get a decent ride. The McLaren will be strong no matter what anyone thinks, they have a great motor and a great chasis. The 08 car will simply be an evolution on it, not a totally new car.

Going to be some interesting musical chairs played out in the next few weeks,

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Webber may not be to keen to leave and Coulthard already having driven for Mclaren and playing second fiddle his whole time there may be a better option for them.

Neway's car has been coming good speed wise the second half of this year and they think they have found solutions for the majority of the reliability issues.

There is also the prospect of Ros Braun joining the team instead of returning to Ferrari as both him an Todt will only work at Ferrari in the to job.

I think Webber may be pretty keen to stay right where he is.

Having said that I think he is one of the few that could go to Mclaren as a second driver and beat hamilton. I don't think the "Favouratism" would affect him much as he is happy just to stick his head down and get on with it and see how the results come out.

Either way give webber a competitive, reliable car and he will deliver. He has had two seasons in a row ( williams , red bull ) where he has driven VERY well but the car and team stratagies have let him down consistantly.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Coulthard will never go back to McLaren, so that option doesnt even exist.

Funnily, the Red Bull owner was quoted as saying this morning "both our drivers are 100% certain for next year, but in F1 nothing is certain, just highly probable"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Scoobie Noobie

thenams at standard level

I agree with the conspiracy theory, Alonso was number one driver and should get the best of everything. It would be so easy to favour hamilton just by swing the best mechanic his way or giving him the optimal pit strategy. Ron has been funding hamilton for ages and it is very possible for alonso to be 100% right. I'd get out too and prove it was the case by beating hamilton next year.

Weber has been in many cars now, and the only common factor is the driver. He obviosly hasn't got 'it' for formula one and should just head back to the euro sports cars. He is clearly a driver that destroys cars he can't blame the mechs forever, he obviosly can't get it in his head to dirve the car to its limits and not beyond them.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

webbers a clown, cant drive for shit and its always "some1 elses fault" when the shit hits the fan
Old 04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

I don't understand how Webber consistently has mechanical problems... It's surely not the way he drives is it??? It's hard not to blame him but the onboard computers control pretty much everything on these cars - it's not like he can shift hard and break a gearbox!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

The problem with the Red bulls this year have being Hydraulic systems failing ( which have been a constant problem since the Jag days ) and gearbox failure ( Usualy as a result of the software not timing things quite perfect and effectively smashing things to bits )

If he was constantly breaking suspension, accidents etc.. then yes Webbers fault but the failures are completely out of the drivers hands.

Give him a good reliable car and you will see good things from Webber.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
The problem with the Red bulls this year have being Hydraulic systems failing ( which have been a constant problem since the Jag days ) and gearbox failure ( Usualy as a result of the software not timing things quite perfect and effectively smashing things to bits )

If he was constantly breaking suspension, accidents etc.. then yes Webbers fault but the failures are completely out of the drivers hands.

Give him a good reliable car and you will see good things from Webber.
He is always in accidents
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
He is always in accidents
I stand to be corrected but I'm pretty sure his only accident this year was when he was taken out of second place behind the safety car.

How was that Webbers fault????
Old 04-11-2007, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenams
I agree with the conspiracy theory, Alonso was number one driver and should get the best of everything. It would be so easy to favour hamilton just by swing the best mechanic his way or giving him the optimal pit strategy. Ron has been funding hamilton for ages and it is very possible for alonso to be 100% right. I'd get out too and prove it was the case by beating hamilton next year.

Weber has been in many cars now, and the only common factor is the driver. He obviosly hasn't got 'it' for formula one and should just head back to the euro sports cars. He is clearly a driver that destroys cars he can't blame the mechs forever, he obviosly can't get it in his head to dirve the car to its limits and not beyond them.
What a crock of shit.

The Minardi was slow, always has been, it was his break into f1. He still scored points in it!

The Williams had a ripper of a motor.. but it was also fragile as hell. The chasis was also not brilliant. He still managed to chase the McLarens and Ferraris at Monaco until it caught fire. A track where real skill comes into play.

The RBR has had mechanical issues relating back to the jaguar days still. In the wet at Japan he could have won the race, but got punted by Vettel. He also got a podium in the wet at Nurburgring, and the wet conditions show true driver skill.

Stats, and ill find them tomorrow, show that when both drivers finish, Webber is ahead 84% of the time during his career!!! No other driver even comes close. While this can be due to many factors, it certainly shows he isnt a shit driver.

Give him something quick. No traction control next year, he will shine.

p.s I am not a Webber fan, but I hate reading blatant wrong crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
aka, alonso, baby, byebye, cry