Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Webber's got skillz y'all. If he can secure a good car, he'll do well. Probably not as consistent as an elite would be considered but 1 flying lap qualifying isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think he'd get easy top 6's in the old format. But it isn't the way it is so they all have to make do.

For those knocking him, have a look at Barrichello. Fair enough he's getting on now, but he got consistant podiums behind MS when with Ferrari. Now he's jumped to a different team, who are struggling to come to grips with the level of technical prowess needed for competitive racing at the pointy end, and look where he's at. RB is a highly skilled driver with a not so good car, same as MW, it's just that Mark needs to get some results on the board if only for his confidence. There will always be the knockers.

FYI I was there at Albert Park (sitting across from pos15/16, BAR pit) when he scored his first point in his first F1 race. Race of attrition perhaps but stuff it, I got to see it. Can't what to go next year
Old 04-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Rubens has struggled, but look at Ralph, who was once rated as the next great thing. That Toyota is a piece of crap, pure and simple.

Look at Jenson in the same team as Rubens, he also too is susposed to be the great one, and hes busy fighting Super Aguri's!

Tons of guys further down then they "should" be.. its about the machinery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I'd love to see Webber do well and get a good seat but can anyone remember when he has had a crash or broken something and spoken to Louise and just said "oops....I stuffed up. Best not do that again."

I have not looked into his sports car days but when he had the best gear at Mercedes then what was his finishing record like?

Brendon
Old 05-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenams
I agree with the conspiracy theory, Alonso was number one driver and should get the best of everything. It would be so easy to favour hamilton just by swing the best mechanic his way or giving him the optimal pit strategy. Ron has been funding hamilton for ages and it is very possible for alonso to be 100% right. I'd get out too and prove it was the case by beating hamilton next year.
Do you honestly think Alonso signed up to McLaren not knowing who Hamilton was and his past with Ron Denis? He may be a great driver, but he was shown up by a rookie driver. Hamilton has been molded into this position all his life, of course he is going to be fantastic and show up a lot of the older drivers.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
I'd love to see Webber do well and get a good seat but can anyone remember when he has had a crash or broken something and spoken to Louise and just said "oops....I stuffed up. Best not do that again."

I have not looked into his sports car days but when he had the best gear at Mercedes then what was his finishing record like?

Brendon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Webber#Early_career
http://www.markwebber.com/about/history.cfm

Thats the two best sources, he seems to have always done well enough, though championships seem to be elusive for the guy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

sn001 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY99
I don't understand how Webber consistently has mechanical problems... It's surely not the way he drives is it??? It's hard not to blame him but the onboard computers control pretty much everything on these cars - it's not like he can shift hard and break a gearbox!!!
You sound like webber fanboy..

Let me tell you one thing.. He is NOTHING in F1.. Just a big hype.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 AM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn001
You sound like webber fanboy..

Let me tell you one thing.. He is NOTHING in F1.. Just a big hype.
Yup, hes a disgrace to Australian motorsport.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Thats a bit harsh, he may not be that great but the dude has been pretty unlucky. I mean getting rear ended by that other redbull car in the rain and blowing an engine while second in monaco. The dude needs a break so he can get on the podium.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey
Yup, hes a disgrace to Australian motorsport.
And I spose atkinson is a role model? The kid looks like a rat and it is only because his dad is loaded and paid for a seat that he got into wrc.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

sn001 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
Thats a bit harsh, he may not be that great but the dude has been pretty unlucky. I mean getting rear ended by that other redbull car in the rain and blowing an engine while second in monaco. The dude needs a break so he can get on the podium.
He is lucky to have survived in F1 for so long.. He has lasted so far coz aussies have good reputation in Europe.. and also don't forget he is managed by one of the most ruthless figures of f1.. flavio.

F1 is cruel sport and you have to start performing really soon.. he's been lucky to get life line so many times.. when he first joined williams he had option to join renault.. and flavio also insisted him that renault will be better team for you.. but he wanted to repeat history like Alan jones..

Guess what happened ????

Alonso becomes a world champion in Renault and Webber is left fighting with mid field. One more thing.. in 2005 williams had pace and were capabale of winning races atleast for the first half but due to inexperienced drivers they lost that chance.

In my book... Webber is lucky to have lasted so long.. and the way press is talking about Alonso's deal with Mclaren, we might see him join Red bull next year and that means game over for webber!

Remember he had only one year deal with Redbull... or may be he will start driving for STR

Last edited by sn001; 05-11-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Tags
aka, alonso, baby, byebye, cry