Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Good work to you both.

After tearing my shoulder, and being a sook and partying way too hard, I have gotten back into it post racewars.

Down 12kg so far.

Leave for America Oct 31. Goal is 100kg flat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
I'm going to altetnate meals depending on which I want to have as a actual meal. More than likely I'll be replacing lunch and dinner and having a light breakfast.

Some low GI yoghurt with nuts and fruit stirred in for breakfast appears to be quite stomachable.
Just my opinion but if you are losing weight and eating proper food then I'd stick to that. Have a look at the Calories per serve on the shakes and try and match it with healthy food, that way you will learn what you need and make it a habit, rather than relying on a shake. I think shakes have their place but more as a last resort, ie you haven't been able to get something decent. You don't want to be relying on them 2-3 times a day as eventually you will get sick of them and then you wouldn't have learnt anything / changed any habits.
If it takes a bit longer then so be it, but the weight will stay off if you learn what's needed.
STI325V6, RUSSGT and Master D like this.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Just my opinion but if you are losing weight and eating proper food then I'd stick to that. Have a look at the Calories per serve on the shakes and try and match it with healthy food, that way you will learn what you need and make it a habit, rather than relying on a shake. I think shakes have their place but more as a last resort, ie you haven't been able to get something decent. You don't want to be relying on them 2-3 times a day as eventually you will get sick of them and then you wouldn't have learnt anything / changed any habits.
If it takes a bit longer then so be it, but the weight will stay off if you learn what's needed.

I agree, I did the shake diet about 3 years ago, I lost 35kg in 3 months.

As soon as I stopped the weight went back on, you can't live on shakes forever!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 AM

Master D knows their stuff

Quote:
True, I totally agree with that.

I just want to try it for a couple of weeks to help move some of the bulk.
I think also for me with changing my habits has been as simple as grabbing a piece of fruit as opposed to a biscuit or a chocolate. Not ordering a large meal, water instead of soft drink and not eating all the chips if any at all.

For me, I think going out of my way to do at least 30mins of exercise each day has been the big thing, not nessacarily smashing bulk weights, big rides or whatever.

I'm still lapping the guy sitting on the couch 3 months ago.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Yep this. I lost a heap of weight without using shakes, just by eating good, healthy food (as well as my exercise of course), I suggest staying off the shakes mate.
But either way, well done Dave, keep up the good work!

Well done to the 3 of you for putting in the effort and losing some weight, that has got to make you feel good.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
Yep this. I lost a heap of weight without using shakes, just by eating good, healthy food (as well as my exercise of course), I suggest staying off the shakes mate.
But either way, well done Dave, keep up the good work!

Well done to the 3 of you for putting in the effort and losing some weight, that has got to make you feel good.

You know you are in trouble when your 10 year old daughter asks if you are going to enter 'the Biggest Loser'.
RUSSGT and GTB Liberty like this.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
You know you are in trouble when your 10 year old daughter asks if you are going to enter 'the Biggest Loser'.
Ouch!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
True, I totally agree with that.

I just want to try it for a couple of weeks to help move some of the bulk.
I think also for me with changing my habits has been as simple as grabbing a piece of fruit as opposed to a biscuit or a chocolate. Not ordering a large meal, water instead of soft drink and not eating all the chips if any at all.

For me, I think going out of my way to do at least 30mins of exercise each day has been the big thing, not nessacarily smashing bulk weights, big rides or whatever.

I'm still lapping the guy sitting on the couch 3 months ago.
Wait until you plateau a bit with the weight loss then, which is inevitable.

If you are still losing weight consistently, keep doing what you are doing currently and then add a shake or two in to replace what you are having, just make sure the shakes don't have more calories than what you are replacing.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

I have for the last couple of weeks made a big effort to stop buying breakfast and lunch as take-away every day.

Yoghurt, Berrys and Museli are what I am having too.

I got one of these Rubbish Free lunchboxes, I have now managed to get brekky, lunch, and a snack fit into it. It is good because the portion size is quite well controlled too.

Smash Rubbish Free Lunch Box - Target Australia

I put Frozen Berries in the green tub and Yoghurt in the Orange. The middle compartment gets a salad with tuna, or pasta or whatever was left-over from the night before. The middle section has a removable sandwhich shelf, so I chuck a quick peanut butter sandwhich on there some-days.

On the right, it has a removable divider, so on one half I put the museli/cereal, and the other half I put some almonds or grapes.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Im going the opposite way to you guys trying to stack lean weight on.

Ive gone from 63.5kg around 12 weeks ago to 71kg. Still at similar fat levels as to where i was 63.5kg.

I have cut out alot of cardio and focuss on heavy weights 5 days a week for different muscle groups.

Ive been having 3 shakes a day of around 600 calories (1800 per day) each plus around 2000 calories of good food.

I am wanting to get to around 75-80kg lean muscle, but my weight increase is now much slower i.e 1kg in 2 weeks.

Anyway to increase this value further.

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing