Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

A pyramid scheme focused on weight loss... interesting.

As per other pyramid schemes, its nothing special, and its made to make money.
But the success of the scheme comes from the psychological marketing and the power of influence.

Support groups exist in all parts of society - you just need to feel part of one. Go to a gym, there is a support group there. A group of people committed to living a healthy lifestyle. So many forums etc online with similar groups, but your level of commitment and involvement in the support groups is up to you.

The pyramid scheme gets people financially committed. If you have got skin in the game, you're not going to want to lose it. If someone is influenced heavy enough to join, they put big bucks down to get in and stay in. If they quit, its all that money down the drain for nothing.

Good luck to those who are part of it. But always keep a tab on how financially and mentally committed to the scheme you are. Because every pyramid scheme I've ever seen or heard about, sells the idea of success, in particular, short term and exclusive success. Also make you feel like you'll be missing out on the chance of a lifetime if you don't sign up.

Here's some further reading on the pyramid scheme business model...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme
EVL WRX and RUSSGT like this.

Last edited by Jezza; 25-07-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 25-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

TJ - you seem to be able to lose weight when you put your mind to it.
Keep your mind in the game, keep focused, keep looking toward your goal, working toward your goal. If you want it as much as you want to breathe, you'll get there.

"It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Every day you need to make little steps. Rome wasn't built in a day. You need to work on it every single day. For months. Years. Decades.

Do as much as you can to get to your goal. And when you think you can't do any more, keep pushing yourself. You'll soon find yourself reaching new limits.
Old 25-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
A pyramid scheme focused on weight loss... interesting.

As per other pyramid schemes, its nothing special, and its made to make money.
But the success of the scheme comes from the psychological marketing and the power of influence.

Support groups exist in all parts of society - you just need to feel part of one. Go to a gym, there is a support group there. A group of people committed to living a healthy lifestyle. So many forums etc online with similar groups, but your level of commitment and involvement in the support groups is up to you.

The pyramid scheme gets people financially committed. If you have got skin in the game, you're not going to want to lose it. If someone is influenced heavy enough to join, they put big bucks down to get in and stay in. If they quit, its all that money down the drain for nothing.

Good luck to those who are part of it. But always keep a tab on how financially and mentally committed to the scheme you are. Because every pyramid scheme I've ever seen or heard about, sells the idea of success, in particular, short term and exclusive success. Also make you feel like you'll be missing out on the chance of a lifetime if you don't sign up.

Here's some further reading on the pyramid scheme business model...
Pyramid scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I do not agree with that.
The stuff works - there is no placebo affect. Im a big cynic.
And my financial commitment -well instead of spending 14 dollars on lunch 5 times a week, I have a shake. I don't buy vitamins because I use the ones supplied. So it comes out to about the same. I do not lose a cent if I pull out. Already a member of a gym - Gyms are NOT support groups. You go there to work, not to sit around and talk about things.

As for losing weight - yeah. It is all mental. Ive done 42kg in 12 weeks with nothing but pure blood sweat and tears. Ive got 14 weeks this time. Time to work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-07-2013, 09:56 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

its called Isagenix, just did it myself. 5.2kg down in 30 days but lost 37cm around my body. i was sceptical at first but worked. each to their own, its not some secret society... good support and product works. You just have to be strict on yourself.
teejay likes this.
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 25-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

so whos at the top of the PWRX pyramid

really doesn't matter what / how / who / where you get the focus to change your lifestyle, as long as you get some results. My biggest concern is what happens on the other side of these programs as these type of programs aren't what people end up following for life and its easy to fall back on bad habits as you haven't really learnt to change them for something that's sustainable ie, those shakes are going to start to taste like arse.
Also I hope ( I know TJ is ) hitting the exercise area as well, dropping kgs is one thing, having a healthy functional body is another.
Good to see people making some changes anyway!
Old 25-07-2013, 11:44 AM

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

I'm with Burke on this one. For me weight gain/loss is about inputs v outputs. That's why I don't diet. I've always eaten healthy foods as the norm. It was the lack of movement over the years (read decade plus) and a metabolism that was getting slower and slower that led me to be "Rebuilt by Burke" and get some muscle mass back, increase my metabolism and the fat seems to be dropping off now. Probably not having a carton of beer in the beer fridge helps though.

I don't regret a moment of it. Neither does my girl
Old 25-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
I do not agree with that.
The stuff works - there is no placebo affect. Im a big cynic.
And my financial commitment -well instead of spending 14 dollars on lunch 5 times a week, I have a shake. I don't buy vitamins because I use the ones supplied. So it comes out to about the same. I do not lose a cent if I pull out. Already a member of a gym - Gyms are NOT support groups. You go there to work, not to sit around and talk about things.
The pyramid schemes seem to have a 'support group' because everyone in the scheme wants to keep everyone below them in the scheme in order to maintain and increase their revenue. Remember, it's not cheap to stay in the scheme, so they don't want people leaving now, do they. And if you end up losing weight through some crazy diet program, and you tell people about it, they will want to join up too....so the cycle continues.
So there are plenty of people there to help support you and keep you on the program - it just isn't for the right reasons.

The shakes and vitamins that the scheme offers are most likely available readily online or at supplement stores (for a similar product). And you wont be paying $100+ per month either I'd suggest.
The promoters specifically refer to the products as 'exclusive' and 'industry leading', and their goal is to limit the doubt of potential customers and get people on board.

For example, there is another pyramid scheme in Perth - 'Vemma' with their main product being an energy drink, 'verve' that is supposedly healthier for you than normal energy drink. But at the end of the day it's still an energy drink, and still not healthy. And it tastes like ass. The promoters suck people in by convincing them that they spend lots of money on energy drinks such as red bull etc anyway, so why not get them supplied.... All of a sudden, participants are $500 out of pocket and paying $100 a month for 2 cartons of drinks. Drinks that have no market in a real shop because no one would actually want to buy them without all the bullshit promoting and scheme behind it. Go figure. I know this because my house mate got sucked into it and is somewhat delusional that the scheme has so many benefits etc.

Good eating and exercise works. Calorie counting and the right foods work. Surround yourself with the right people and the right tools, and you'll get the right lifestyle. Eliminate options to eat shit. Set rules for yourself for drinking, eating, sleeping, working out. You can't just change your body, you have to change your life.
BLUES and RUSSGT like this.

Last edited by Jezza; 25-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 25-07-2013, 12:39 PM

And as Burke has said, if this is helping me to get the right tools to make those changes it is worth every cent.

And I dont give two shits if peoples desire to offer support and help is driven by a desire to keep me in a chain that makes them money - I am still getting the help and support. FYI, only two people make money from me, but many many others are around to help out.

I might save some dollars if I bought a shake from shop 1, vitamins from shop 2, cleanse from shop 3 - but for the sake or $50 bucks a month you can have the 2/3 hours it would take me fucking around to do to have this roll up at my door. I have sfa time atm so that is also very usefull.

Being dismissive because of the business model is a bit silly tbh. Ive tried other shakes, programs and shit. This stuff actually tastes good, and there are 3 people here saying they have seen improvements.

Im not here to sway you to use it, but neither will I listen to how shit it is when you have not used it, or been down the path I have.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 25-07-2013, 01:35 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

I think it's clear that the "system" works - both from a health perspective and as a pyramid selling scheme.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
The Following User Says Thank You to BLUES For This Useful Post:
SyncSubaru (25-07-2013)
Old 25-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Well said Fled
SyncSubaru likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing