Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by munya View Post
Have used creatine befor and put on about 10 kg with it but that's just me
Me thinks just food will do now
Yeah I did the same when training for NZ athletic champs back in the day.. stacked on the weight over a couple of months.. but it turns to flab pretty quickly once you stop training LOL
Old 30-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlgurl View Post
So joined the gym a week & a bit ago with Sam. (MEANRS)
Hoping to see some results soon, just trying to get myself out of bed early enough to get it done in the morning. But have seen some small results.
Yeah, I find I am an afternoon excerciser. I did a 5.5km 6:30AM run a week ago to see how it went and how i felt throughout the rest of the day.

It was good and I didn't really feel tired throughout the day, but getting up that early and getting straight into full intensity when walking out the front door is pretty full on.

I'm putting in a pretty big effort throughout November. 5Km runs 3-4 times a week (sub-25minute) a lot of weights and a pretty lean diet. 95Kg a year or so ago, now sitting at 81 with vastly increased fitness level, while still having a life balance. (read:beer - hard not to when you for for a major brewer)
Old 30-11-2010, 01:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

Ajay, go find a decent health place and have a chat to them about what you want out of a shake and when you are going to be having them. Most of them can give you a few samples to try out the taste and just see how you go. I have been through a few different shakes to find one that does a good job whilst tasting good to.
Old 30-11-2010, 04:07 PM
STI Master

evlgurl at standard level
Send a message via MSN to evlgurl

I've prefered mornings since I have the luxury of not starting work until 9am.
Plus I find if I feel upto it I can also do something in the afternoon. (Plus that is when Sam & Clint usually go to the gym, so I can always tag along with them.)
Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

xeon at standard level

Not sure I "usually go to the gym" yet Shannon! Will become a regular when the house is renovated and I move in. Great to see you are seeing some results so soon!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

Its very hard to exercise in the morning when you start work at 6am. I push myself to go at nights. Try and run 3-4 times a week. Average distance will be 6-7km. Been pushing hard but struggle to get to gym when i run. So at the moment its running and more running.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

Personal training at 6am two days a week. We have a gym at my new workplace that only has a $40 joining fee for assessment by a Physio and that's all it will cost unless I decide to do yoga or pilates. One of the perks of working in a hospital I guess.

I'm planning on joining the Monday night yoga class, have only ever done yoga once back before I started doing the PT so should be interesting to see how much my fitness levels have changed since then.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

easytiger at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAYJAY View Post
im considering on taking protein shakes and powders to bulk up with in the next 2-3 month, does any one recommend any shakes or powders that come with good results

To all you runners i wish i had your dedication!

My after work routine (depending on how hot it is/how knackered from work):
Get home 5:30 and walk dog for 30-45 mins
Jump on treadmill for 15 mins. Run at 11-15km/h (would prefer x-trainer but i dont have one)
Lift weights CUZZY-BRA, for 30-45 mins target different muscle group each day. Rep it out, not really interested in becoming the incredible bulk

Weekends: Lesuirezone; maybe basketball or something but no training

Would love to incorporate swimming in there somewhere but for now i'm doing ok. Also been invited to a jacobs ladder run with some mates, so just trying to not look like an idiot puffing up the stairs
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
STI Master

evlgurl at standard level
Send a message via MSN to evlgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon View Post
Not sure I "usually go to the gym" yet Shannon! Will become a regular when the house is renovated and I move in. Great to see you are seeing some results so soon!
Then hurry up & finish the renovations!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

I've been using 1MR pre workout sup for about 3 weeks now and all i can say is wow. I ran 6km in 24 minutes (4 min kms) on the tready with ease, then lifted for 2 hours straight the first time i used it. If you're feeling flat after work have a try of this stuff, you will be bouncing off the walls. I only use it on 2 of my workout days a week as i can't imagine this stuff is too good for you in the long run

I've been lifting at home for 3 months now, just using the shitty weights Dad and I have collected and made (with concrete) over the last few years. I write my own program and have had a fair bit of success with virtually no costs other than my legalised crack (1MR) to get me pumped.

i weigh 80kgs and can now:

Bench : 3 rep max of 85kgs (started out at 60ish)

Deadlift : only have enough weights for 120kg never tried it before last night and did 3 sets of 5 reps easy.

Military press : haven't tried a max but I only started doing this exercise a few weeks back and now do 3 sets of 8 reps of 40kgs straight after my bench sets

Squats : Dont have a squat rack at home but went to the gym to try and i could do 5 reps of 120kg with relative ease

leg press : 3 rep max of 240kg

Goals by the end of the year are 3 rep max's of:

100kg on the bench
160kg deadlift
160kg squat

I never really wanted to get serious about lifting, initially i just wanted to cut weight to 80kgs down from a bit under 90kgs and i did that fairly easily with a stupid amount of cardio...now hockey pre season is in full swing I'm forced to do cardio so have swung my concentration at home around to lifting, so far I'm having fun and seeing some good results, probably need to diet better and fix my sleeping patterns to see optimal results. /csb

JDM version 3 STi RA

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing