Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-2011, 10:30 AM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlgurl View Post
There is sooo much crap in those things.
I have given up my coffee drinks & energy drinks & am only having water.
Helping me drop weight really fast.

Has anyone tried the 'myfitnesspal' application. A girlfriend was showing it to me the other week & I was looking at giving it a go.
It is free & tracks your calorie intake & also your fitness for each day.
I know. Have a look at the calorie content of 1 750ml dare iced coffee......and I used to drink 3 of them a day EASY! Can't even think of having one now tho, water is basically the only thing I drink, except maybe tea or a coffee.

I have been using Myfitnesspal pretty much since I started my weightloss and seriously, if you are keen and determined, then this app is a saviour! I doubt I would have lost as much weight as I have if I wasn't using a tracking tool like that app.
Old 15-03-2011, 10:38 AM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthews View Post
I have been struggling to loose weight. I run min 5km 3-4 times a week and then follow that up with a 1/2 hr bike ride. Go to Gym for 3/4 hours two mornings a week. Mainly to focus on toning up. I don't drink much beer or wines and never have take away. Currently weigh 94kg and have been that weight for about 5 months. Need to try do something special to break under the 90kg mark which has been a goal for about 5 years. the best i every got to was 91.9 a few years ago.
Reduce your calorie intake if you are doing that much exercise and not seeing results, and also make sure you change up your cardio routine. Maybe change to riding for 15km and then interval running for 2.5km. You can't hurt yourself by doing light cardio everyday either so a simple 45min walk in the mornings before work can do wonders. If you continue doing the same routine all the time, your body will get 'used to' it and you will not see results as much as you like.
Old 15-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Anyone here doing the WFR Triathlon in Fremantle on March 27? (Corporate Tri)
Old 15-03-2011, 11:06 AM
STI Master

evlgurl at standard level
Send a message via MSN to evlgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X] View Post
I know. Have a look at the calorie content of 1 750ml dare iced coffee......and I used to drink 3 of them a day EASY! Can't even think of having one now tho, water is basically the only thing I drink, except maybe tea or a coffee.

I have been using Myfitnesspal pretty much since I started my weightloss and seriously, if you are keen and determined, then this app is a saviour! I doubt I would have lost as much weight as I have if I wasn't using a tracking tool like that app.
I couldn't believe how bad they were until I started watching my calorie intake. So I have had to cut them out completely. But like you I was having about 2-3 redbulls/Mocha Chill/Energy drinks a day.

I just started the app this morning. Hopefully I will keep on to it so I can watch my progress.
I want to get down about 5kgs by the 17th of April.
Old 15-03-2011, 11:29 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

matthews at standard level

My calorie intake is low as it is( may be to low if that is possible). I have been trying to break it up, I now include a few sprints etc in my run. I start work at 6am so its hard to exercise in the mornings. That is why I can only spend 3/4 hr in the morning when I go.Hopefully things will turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [W ARGHH X] View Post
Reduce your calorie intake if you are doing that much exercise and not seeing results, and also make sure you change up your cardio routine. Maybe change to riding for 15km and then interval running for 2.5km. You can't hurt yourself by doing light cardio everyday either so a simple 45min walk in the mornings before work can do wonders. If you continue doing the same routine all the time, your body will get 'used to' it and you will not see results as much as you like.
Old 15-03-2011, 11:51 AM

RichX knows their stuff

Remember with your calorie intake, you don't want to minimise it to the point that you're trying not to eat etc, and you're winding down your metabolism.

Try to have healthy snacks etc at your office desk.
Old 15-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

You want to loose weight.. Simple forumula in my book calorie restrict and do a shit load of exercrise...

Ive gone down from 69kgs around 5 weeks ago to 62.5 but last week i did no exercise and ate junk food also went back to 64kgs. This week back on it down to 63kgs..

Im going on a fruit type of diet, yes fruit has sugar but its natural and if u are constantly burning energy then it wont get stored imo..

I try and have around 1000-1200 calories a day, i should be normally closer to 1800-2000 i think..

I am 172 cm tall...

i.e today ive eaten:

Brekky- sultana brain pods (i take two or three handfulls ~20-30 little pods) and x1 nectarine
Morn tea- 9am Bananna
-10am mango, nectarine
Lunch- tuna straight from can (95g) with a splash of tomato sauce..
Afternoon- peach
dinner - mince patties (home made) and salad

yes i feel hungry all the time but you get used to it.., but this is how you loose weight.. hahah

Imo eating lots of little things all day keeps the metabolism kicking over..

Exercise - Today i will jump on exercise bike for 30 mins interval training/ then also do some core excersises x2 10 min programs..

My normal training week is now, but dependend on what im doing:

Monday free weights,
tuesday jacobs or exercise bike and core exercise
weds boot camp/ outdoor soccer game
thurs jacobs / core exercise
frid free weights
sat jacobs or core exercise
sund core excersie

Im trying to get a 6pack by May20 so might be a bit hardcore for some but it seems to be working not too bad, well atleast im loosing weight.. ahaha
Old 18-03-2011, 06:56 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Bgwrx at standard level

here's my story, im 21 and have always loved sport, in high school i was playing basketball at one stage 5 nights a week due to playing for east perth, i also played hockey in the mens 1B and 2B divisions. After a series of knee injuries i gave up basketball and focused on hockey but after dislocating my shoulder skiing i have since done it twice playing hockey, so i have had to give up hockey(....for now). i recovered enough to start hitting the gym, i put a fair bit off muscle but once again popped my shoulder out a year ago, since this happened i ballooned out to 120kg.

Ive wanted to loose weight for a while but due to having a job on the mines (offsiding an underground drill rig) it was hard due to the food up there. But since i recently got a job in perth ive gotten serious about it, 5 weeks ago i wieghed in at 111 kg, today i weighed in 106 kg.

my goal weight is 90kg at the moment and hopefully i can get that by August, then i want to hold steady around 85kg.

will keep you posted
Old 29-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Mad love to Burke for staring at me half naked and pinching random parts of my body today, he is the consumate professional.
Old 29-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

I'm trying to find a good reasonably priced personal trainer that will come to me either early morning or early evening. Only had one training session since breaking my kneecap then my old trainer went for a month holiday in Bali and is long over due her return date. Had a session booked for 2 weeks ago and no word from her, both her numbers have been disconnected so time to get a new one. Any recommendations I'm in the Stirling area?

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing