Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
I reckon it'd be pretty sick to be in the TRG, that's the only thing which would really interest me.

Sure, turning on your flashling lights and pulling over hoons would be cool, but kicking in someones door, throwingin a flash grenade and running in with a shotgun would be awesome.
Real life situation != Counter Strike mate.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

TRG only take one or two new officers each year... Very hard to get into!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

.....and the training is a killa! Yep, if you want to know about physical, verbal & mental abuse go for the TRG tryouts.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think they allow females into the TRG. In saying that the website doesn't say they can't join, but I have a feeling thats the case.

I wanted to join the army but every job I looked at and was interested in, you had to be male

For those of you that have forgotten or are not aware... I'm currently a flight attendant... for a regional airline... flying "local" folk all the time... and then there are the miners. I cop a fair wack of verbal abuse and just plain rudeness fairly often... but if it gets that bad, it's dealt with accordingly (reported to their bosses, they get the sack, they never fly with us again). Usually I fly up to 30 males to various minesites... now I'm not being sexist or anything but you are a rowdy bunch lol... and I'm the only flight attendant on the plane controlling the lot of them, whilst trying to be the nice polite hosty!

So I'd say I have a bit of experience that would help me in the police force.

I know its not all about catching bank robbers and shooting the bad guys and whatever, but thats not why I'm getting into it.

I need a career change, something with a bit of challenge... because making tea and coffee has its limits. Also theres opportunity for promotion into different areas of the police force, I want to get into traffic or detective/forensic work no matter how hard it is, at least it's a goal I can work towards. Money is a lot better than what I'm on now too, and I mean A LOT better... and money isn't everything... but money is important.

Ginger Ninja...
Old 11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

police definitley deserve more pay, its a matter of opinion, though, alot say theyd never do that sorta work coz of it, it is dangerous, but some people may not be fussed on the money and more focused on what that get out of being a police officer e.g helping the public, makes em feel good about themselves. either way though i think they deserve more pay. its def right thou money isnt evertyhing but it helps.

guy in my footy team is a cop, he isnt struggling at all, gets by on the wages loves the job even though its tough at times, and another guy i went to high school with is a cop, never saw him as the athletic or physical type but if obviously he made it through so i cant see it being too hard. But yep def agree politicians should really stop spending money on themselves and raise their wages, the jobs def worth more.

Last edited by Adr3naL1N; 11-06-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Then they wont get all uptight about seeing a young guy driving a nice car.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Megs, learn to weld.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

As a chick, if you are of average build & height, you'll get through the academy no probs. There's heaps of chicks in the job, a far higher percentage than there used to be, and a fair few are of slight build, below average height etc. In the academy, if you are not quite up to speed in the physical training side of things, they will just push you until you make the grade. As it is, they are desperate for recruits coz of the high attrition rate.

I say go for it if your heart is set on it. Especially if a challenge is what you are after. I was in the force for 16 years and never regretted a minute of it.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs_wrx
Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think they allow females into the TRG. In saying that the website doesn't say they can't join, but I have a feeling thats the case.

I wanted to join the army but every job I looked at and was interested in, you had to be male

For those of you that have forgotten or are not aware... I'm currently a flight attendant... for a regional airline... flying "local" folk all the time... and then there are the miners. I cop a fair wack of verbal abuse and just plain rudeness fairly often... but if it gets that bad, it's dealt with accordingly (reported to their bosses, they get the sack, they never fly with us again). Usually I fly up to 30 males to various minesites... now I'm not being sexist or anything but you are a rowdy bunch lol... and I'm the only flight attendant on the plane controlling the lot of them, whilst trying to be the nice polite hosty!

So I'd say I have a bit of experience that would help me in the police force.

I know its not all about catching bank robbers and shooting the bad guys and whatever, but thats not why I'm getting into it.

I need a career change, something with a bit of challenge... because making tea and coffee has its limits. Also theres opportunity for promotion into different areas of the police force, I want to get into traffic or detective/forensic work no matter how hard it is, at least it's a goal I can work towards. Money is a lot better than what I'm on now too, and I mean A LOT better... and money isn't everything... but money is important.
Well there are worse careers. I think the key thing is to go in with an open mind, be aware of the negatives of being in the police force as well as the positives. I would guess some guys have read too many recruitment brochures and think it's quite an exciting career and the reality is probably very different. That said as a female and as a minority you will probably find that promotion/changing departments etc is going to be less competitive than if you were a male. And as far as females not being allowed in the TRG, I think that it comes down to the female psyche - studies have shown that they are much less likely to use necessary lethal force than males are. And I think it's the same reason they're not allowed in the Special Forces. Although the idea of a chick running around dressed in a black rubber suit, with big black leather boots does sound quite erotic.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

Quote:
Originally Posted by doadrift
I've been considering it since i work the doors anyway... However the hours wouldnt be much better than working nightclubs :/
who u work for?

Tags
force, police