Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

sikwrx at standard level

i wouldnt be worried bout the academy bein a chick, sister went threw a few years back, shes all of 5"2 and 50 kilo, tough little bitch tho

both sister and brother in law are both cops, both hated the traffic/beat stuff.
They both were ready to quit but were promoted to positions where ya dont have to deal with dirty little natives spitting into ure mouth <as someone said before>

defaintely room for promotion as far as i can see, but it takes time, no matter how good you are at your job, you can only go up in ranks after time.

forensics DEFINATELY not easy to get into, another thing the older sis tried to get do, had a degree in forensic sciences and part time worked for the forensic cop guy at UWA and still wasnt accepted.

I think theres way to much internal politics when it comes to promotions inside the police force.

either way not for me, i enjoy breakin the law too much to try and enforce it
Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

Being a cop isnt all bad.
I have a girlfriend thats been in the force for years, currently she is the one that all the local convicted paedophiles and sex offenders have to report to, once they are out, so they can keep track of the sicko mofo's. She loves her job, finds it very rewarding and happily gives the scum of the earth a difficult time if they dont do exctly what they are suppose to.

Sure she takes some abuse from the fackers sometimes but on the flip side she figures if taking a bit of lip and the occasional mouthful of saliva stops even one of these assholes from being able to re-offend then she can live with it.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxymophandlmama
Being a cop isnt all bad.
I have a girlfriend thats been in the force for years, currently she is the one that all the local convicted paedophiles and sex offenders have to report to, once they are out, so they can keep track of the sicko mofo's. She loves her job, finds it very rewarding and happily gives the scum of the earth a difficult time if they dont do exctly what they are suppose to.

Sure she takes some abuse from the fackers sometimes but on the flip side she figures if taking a bit of lip and the occasional mouthful of saliva stops even one of these assholes from being able to re-offend then she can live with it.
feck that, I would never take a chunk of coon spit in my mouth in trade for them not re-offending again!!!!!

I dont know the cops dont quit in frustration after seeing their hard work undone by a lenient judge which is all to often the case.
So many offenders get off lightly, a big chunk of them young native repeat offenders and it makes me sick.. i have the utmost respect for the coppers who have to deal with these pieces of shit day in day out!

Last edited by nang3; 10-09-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
Megs you wont be waiting long, trust me. You'll be going through with a squad of foreigners I reckon lol ie english, scottish, irish, american, asian, etc etc
Ah good to hear

Yep cultures were very mixed throughout all the testing I did, so that doesn't suprize me!

As for all the abuse I'll more than likely cop when dealing with people as a police officer... you have to take the negatives with the positives.

Natives spitting, mmm I don't know whats worse that, or having them stink my plane out with body odour making me almost physically sick and in tears, and my captain having to ring me every 5mins to make sure I'm still alive.

Anyways I think it'll be great, I'm really looking forward to it. Want to help out and make a difference, I just don't think I'm meant to be a trolly dolly for the rest of my life lol!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
STI Master

11secWrx at standard level

I got until March 10 to submit my FINAL medical or I gotta go through all the testing again.
But in saying that, I got a real good job at the moment that earns 100k+ and Im home every night and weekend.
So it makes me think.
What you earn in your first year as a cop wont even cover our mortgage. So I gotta get ahead in finances before I can take the plunge.

Its something I have always wanted to do.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11secWrx
I got until March 10 to submit my FINAL medical or I gotta go through all the testing again.
But in saying that, I got a real good job at the moment that earns 100k+ and Im home every night and weekend.
So it makes me think.
What you earn in your first year as a cop wont even cover our mortgage. So I gotta get ahead in finances before I can take the plunge.

hey mate i know its hard choice I was the same. Though Just made the plunge.. but yeah the hardest bit is the six months in the academy after that it jumps back up again... Wage wise. The money doesnt bother me to much as thats not why i want to do it.

Though also having a morgage and building a house i had to think about the money too.

Good luck Megan cant wait to hear news even though im checking with you everyday waiting lol

And mate if your keen on doing it time will come around, when your ready go hard

Tim

Last edited by NVRENUF; 11-09-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

Hey Brad,

What about the physical? Because apparently it expires 6months after you've done it?

But tough decision for you then :S. The money isn't so much an issue for me as I'll be earning more in the academy than what I make now. But I can understand, having a mortgage, it would be pretty difficult! All the best though!

Ginger Ninja...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

JTR at standard level

i finished filling out the application form recently, now im going for my senior first aid ticket, then i will hand my application in, well maybe, im still thinkin about the positives & negatives
Old 11-09-2008, 07:28 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
So it makes me think.

Stick to your current job, hammer the mortgage for a few years and then do a job you may enjoy that doesn't necessarily pay well.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:39 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
So it makes me think.

You gotta really REALLY REALLY wanna be a cop to walk away from that! Believe me, the shine quickly wears off after you join. You already know that your income drop will be massive, add to that all the shift work & unsociable hours, bye-bye to 66% of weekends, forget public holidays and get one Xmas off in ten. If that 100K+ job is secure, DON'T leave it.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)

Tags
force, police