Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
Care to elaborate why ?
Just recently I was "lucky" enough to be taken in a brand spankers Saab convertible...

What an boring piece of turd. Arnt they sposed to be "luxury" cars? Then why did it feel like sitting in a 05 Corolla?

At least an Aurion will sit 5 in comfort, goes well and is a bit of fun to drive, while not pretending to be a few classes above where it really is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
i disagree about subaru being the best value for money tim, i reckon some of the line, particularly the outback and liberty are far too high in price for what they are. Subaru doesnt know how to finish a car properly when it comes to the interior, the carpets are usually shit and the features are somewhat outdated. i'd go with the 300c, best bang for buck with the features included.

just my 2 cents...

Have you actually been in a 300C?

I can assure you that Subaru interior fit & finish shits all over any 300C. Or any American car full stop for that matter.

Panel gaps you can fit fingers in, anyone??

I cant believe anyone would recommend an American car. They truly are shithouse.

And, on that note, there's the reason Saab interiors feel like Corolla's from 4years ago. Its a GM car in the end. American shit.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 15-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

yeah im not a fan off a huge 300c,

but this is why im doing my research early so i dont make a wrong choice ill change my mind 10 times before i get something , but at least that way i would have thought heaps about it. so next year sometime should be all good plus few new models will be out by then,

then subaru will bring out a new sti in sedan then will make me think about that all over again lol
Old 15-06-2008, 03:53 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

sn001 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BN01

And, on that note, there's the reason Saab interiors feel like Corolla's from 4years ago. Its a GM car in the end. American shit.
SPOT on!

And yeah I just can't understand that why someone would go out and buy 300C, IMO they are just bling mobiles... and nothing else
Old 15-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

lol 300c doesnt look like luxury imo would much rather a bmw 330 quality with some balls not some american crap!
Old 15-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BN01

Have you actually been in a 300C?

I can assure you that Subaru interior fit & finish shits all over any 300C. Or any American car full stop for that matter.

Panel gaps you can fit fingers in, anyone??

I cant believe anyone would recommend an American car. They truly are shithouse.

As a matter of fact Blair, have been in one mate, my old man owns one. So can say first hand I'd definitely rather a 300C Hemi than a liberty of any variant.

And might be time you brushed up on your facts, they're not 'american shit' as you put it, but made in Austria, where others luxury brands such as Peugeot & Mercedes are made. Yes, they have an american hemi motor, but I personally cant fault that either, they're a comfortable, quiet, smooth riding.... LUXURY car, which I certainly do not consider any Subaru to be.

Dunno which panels you're referring to that have finger sized gaps, the FEATURES in these cars are up there with all the high end brand which cost up to double. Not everyone is a fan of the styling, but the fetures included in the price tag are certainly more than what is standard on any Subaru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn001
SPOT on!
And yeah I just can't understand that why someone would go out and buy 300C, IMO they are just bling mobiles... and nothing else
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
lol 300c doesnt look like luxury imo would much rather a bmw 330 quality with some balls not some american crap!
I'd take it from your ignorance, none of you have driven one. Ask Dan Bingham his opinion and I'd say he'd be on my side, his old man has had both the standard hemi and now the SRT8. They hold their own in the 'balls' category too.

end rant.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me

Last edited by DEDLYWEPN; 15-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 15-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

im sure it has plenty of balls but your ignorant to compare a BMW's quality to a Chrysler.
Old 15-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
As a matter of fact Blair, have been in one mate, my old man owns one. So can say first hand I'd definitely rather a 300C Hemi than a liberty of any variant.

And might be time you brushed up on your facts, they're not 'american shit' as you put it, but made in Austria, where others luxury brands such as Peugeot & Mercedes are made. Yes, they have an american hemi motor, but I personally cant fault that either, they're a comfortable, quiet, smooth riding.... LUXURY car, which I certainly do not consider any Subaru to be.

Dunno which panels you're referring to that have finger sized gaps, the FEATURES in these cars are up there with all the high end brand which cost up to double. Not everyone is a fan of the styling, but the fetures included in the price tag are certainly more than what is standard on any Subaru.

end rant.
Barely matters where its actually tacked together mate. Its still American shit. A Chrysler made in Austria is not same/same as a Merc made in Austria.

Funny thing is, 300C's are E-Class Merc underneath the skin. No suprise that the chassis is pretty solid. Pity you cant say the same for the rest of the car.

Finger sized gap was an exaggeration, by the way. Making the point that they're not put together well.

Regardless, NVRENUF has said they're too big for him anyways.

Quick, someone suggest a Hummer again!

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 15-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Yeah the size of that 300c is way to big for me, and The looks of it just isnt what im chasing.

The largest size car i would probably pick would be the forrester,
i guess ill just have to wait to see what the finances end up like after my house is fnished end of the year but, The liberty is a very nice car and affordable too.
Old 15-06-2008, 07:10 PM
WRXRW

okay so its second hand, but if you want a "real" luxury car, how bout one of these!

handmade and rare as you can get! only a handful of ottocillindri's in australia, super rare as are the evoluzione models, numbers are counted in one hand. with those kinds of prices and sheer exclusivity why would you waste your time with something like a 300c!

Tags
cars, luxury