Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Of course you could always take a different approach and choose your time and place carefully where you do break the speed limit and the rest of the time drive within 10 km/h of the speed limit. I haven't had a speeding fine in 3 years using this approach. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking even more of your hard earned money.

But if you do happen to get a speeding (or indeed a parking fine) then I do suggest you pay the $67 from
http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/
and use the methods listed in his ebook and if followed correctly you'll never have to pay a speeding or parking fine again (unless of course you get 50 fines per year in which case even that couldn't save you). I have helped many mates get speeding fines thrown out of court and have had several parking tickets of my own cancelled so I can say for sure it does work.

(And no I don't get any kickbacks for referring people )
Old 13-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I was suprised there was no hoon comment in a car related story... but good ole Tracey got us in her closing comments!

I'm suprised they didn't mention good old WA will ping you for 3kmh over the speed limit. The 10% tolerance as per Queensland is very logical - IF they are not going for revenue. Maybe just issue warnings up to 10% of the speed limit, with a safety brochure or something.

I'm sure something like that would get the public behind the speed cameras rather than these covert operations they like to do at the moment.
Old 13-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Have to agree Kato - was very surprised they (east coast centric media) forgot to note our draconian "tolerance" over here.

I'd love country driving with a 10% tolerance. 120 in a 110 zone with no chance of a ticket - perfect.
Old 13-07-2010, 09:20 AM
STI Master

westoz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
Of course you could always take a different approach and choose your time and place carefully where you do break the speed limit and the rest of the time drive within 10 km/h of the speed limit. I haven't had a speeding fine in 3 years using this approach. Don't give them the satisfaction of taking even more of your hard earned money.

But if you do happen to get a speeding (or indeed a parking fine) then I do suggest you pay the $67 from
and use the methods listed in his ebook and if followed correctly you'll never have to pay a speeding or parking fine again (unless of course you get 50 fines per year in which case even that couldn't save you). I have helped many mates get speeding fines thrown out of court and have had several parking tickets of my own cancelled so I can say for sure it does work.

(And no I don't get any kickbacks for referring people )
Might wanna have a read of this as well... http://www.trafficlaw.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54 The above "defence" may not work so well after all - especially if it reaches the supreme court level of appeal where precedent, ie case law, will defeat it every time.
1990 Mk3 Supra turbo fully rebuilt 7M-GTE (Older son)
1991 Celica GT4 (Younger son)
Old 13-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberbudgie View Post
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmmqhzazihz

*cough*
Old 13-07-2010, 01:13 PM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

I just thought I'd post my run in with the law from the other day. I have no demerit points against me, I always stick to the posted limit as for work I drive a diesel ranger so no point pushing it. Cops that were driving toasted me pulled me over doing 65 in a 50 zone. They told me I was doing 72 but I know I was 5kms uber what I thought the limit was (and the last sign I had seen was 70).
The officer asked me what the rush was and I told him there wasn't one and I was under the impression I was 5kms under the limit. He told me thy even though it wasn't marked, that it was actually a 50 zone. I told him I was really sorry and as my license would show I don't speed and I honestly thought I was obeying the limit for the area. He said no, 20kms over now you'll have points against you.

Fucking pig, I was so angry I didn't even watch my speedo on the way home and was probably speeding the whole way. Then I thought, man this reminds me of my apprenticeship. When people had a go at me i would get angry an not learn. When they "educated" me I would learn straight away. Had this cop taken into account the evidence and my sincerity and educated me and let me off I would always do 50 down that street.

Now I'm not saying let everyone off bit clearly it was an accident. Had I been in the wrx racing down the street deliberately speeding then fair call...
Old 13-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Yep another one for the cop to utilise - if it is not marked it's 50 Km.

So . . . if the last speed sign says 70 - where did it change to 50?
Old 13-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
Yep another one for the cop to utilise - if it is not marked it's 50 Km.

So . . . if the last speed sign says 70 - where did it change to 50?
It allways used to be open road ie; 110 if it wasn't signed, wasn't lit and wasn't residential.

50 is only built up areas, ie; must be lit and residential. That was my understanding.
Old 13-07-2010, 09:34 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

the kiwi at standard level

what is residential?

houses on both sides of the road? one side? 1 driveway on a block because the drives are all on the side roads?

what is lit? continuous lighting every 20-30m, or just the intersections?
Old 13-07-2010, 09:57 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

maca is unrated

^^^ Whatever the cop decides when he pulls you over

Tags
answer, cameras, hidden