Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
who didn't take theirs down to go through the bottle shop back in the day?)
I sure as shit did. Even got asked for ID on one occasion I remember. Gave it to him, he looked at it for 10 seconds, gave it back and said 'what would you like?' haha obviously couldn't add correctly lolz

I can say my licence was given to me far too easily. As has been said, simple multiple choice answers at 16 and 9mths to the day followed by, wait for it, an 8 minute driving evaluation on my 17th birthday for my P's. Turn here, negotiate round-a-bout, hill start that, U-turn there, drive down Warwick Rd, change lanes to the left, turn right at lights back to Licencing Centre.

And when I applied for my HR licence I had to answer 10 questions. THEY GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS BEFORE YOU SIT THE TEST AS YOU WAIT TO BE CALLED. I literally finished the test in under a minute. It took longer to load the next question then it did to answer it. At least the practical test had some sort of backbone but even that was far too easy. Non synchomesh FTW
Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

simple. better training.

Something like the Defensive Driving courses (level 3) would be a good idea, I did it a little while ago, and it focuses on controlling your car, paying attention, driving on a skidpan and trying manovuers like accident avoidence, etc.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby
simple. better training.

Something like the Defensive Driving courses (level 3) would be a good idea, I did it a little while ago, and it focuses on controlling your car, paying attention, driving on a skidpan and trying manovuers like accident avoidence, etc.
All admirable qualities in a driver. However only of any use when that driver is PAYING ATTENTION. Let's face it, most crashes are caused by at least one of the drivers involved simply not focusing on the task at hand. Whether it be sending a text, reaching for the volume knob, checking out chicks/guys/other accidents. I pride myself in the ability to read the conditions ahead, behind and beside me. I make a habit of knowing where other road users are in relation to me. Just ask Dave, spotted him a mile off today This also includes things like pre-empting someone wanting to change lanes or turn. Due to the fact Perth drivers don't seem to know that an indicator lets others know about their intended action rathar than the direction their wheels are pointing at the time it has served me well and avoided accidents I'm sure. Now let me add that paying attention also means observing those pesky things that get in the way of fun like speed limits. A motto I learnt to operate heavy machines and vehicles is; Drive to conditions. These bits of advice certainly won't gaurantee you won't be involved in an accident, but most certainly give you every oppourtunity to avoid them in the first place.

/Rant mode off. Where's my beer?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

boosted_kid at standard level

all you need is proper driver training, the tests here are hell easy, i did them once and they are not even challenging , in my home country, driving age is 16yrs old, tests are harder, we have no probabtion, u can legally drive immediately after your road test and probably twice as many cars on the road as compared to here. town speed limits are higher and out of town there is no speed limits. population is the same as ausi, and number of unlicensed drivers is high coz u can bribe the cops :-). i was driving back home since i was 13yrs old. only ever had one accident (am 24 now) last week when some P-plater rammed into the back of me on mountsbay rd in the city and i have a lot of respect for cars (i am a fast driver when need be and my parents own fairly fast cars, but i am very cautious and i never hoon around)

and i am with Phizzle
Old 05-07-2008, 01:17 AM
STI Master

doadrift at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrunt
so make certain levels that you have to pass before you can buy a car in that level?? who would pay for these courses ?? and who would make sure people are driving the right leveld car would just make performance cars be pulled over so they can check if we had the right courses passed .....
Your right, its like a motorbike license. Its such a mission to get to an open license most people riding r1s and other 1000+cc bikes aren't even licensed. I know more unlicensed riders than licensed.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
STI Master

JA50N at standard level

But Rob you also know more gay guys than straight guys

I'm having a coffee, reading these articles laughing. Yeah sure, a VL takes 9.5 seconds to get to 100km/h. How long does it take to get to 180km/h? It still gets there.

And have Police forgot that Nitrous is available in WA? VL 6 Banger + NOS = 6/7 seconds.

VL 6 Banger outside + Calaias RB30 under the bonnet = 300-600hp EASILY.

What a joke WA Police are becomming.

www.racetorque.com.au
www.anytimetowing.com.au
Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Flat Four Father

IMPRESHER at standard level
Send a message via MSN to IMPRESHER

Nos........~!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA50N
But Rob you also know more gay guys than straight guys

I'm having a coffee, reading these articles laughing. Yeah sure, a VL takes 9.5 seconds to get to 100km/h. How long does it take to get to 180km/h? It still gets there.

And have Police forgot that Nitrous is available in WA? VL 6 Banger + NOS = 6/7 seconds.

VL 6 Banger outside + Calaias RB30 under the bonnet = 300-600hp EASILY.

What a joke WA Police are becomming.

Your front mount is wonky
Old 05-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

I'd like to know how quickly a VL gets from 100-0 rather than the otherway round. Thats going to make more of a difference in a potential accident i'd of thought. Can guarantee an Evo will be much better..

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 05-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Subaru Tech Division

werticusness is unrated

the solution to our road toll needs to be something that works and raises tons of money. That will keep everyone happy

Tags
cop, limits, powertoweight, pplaters, senior