Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo2 View Post
Yep! . My right ring finger feels like a rubber mallet

Aboslutely NO feeling in it

For insurance reasons detailed photo's were taken during surgery. Pretty Nasty

Post up?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX. View Post
Post up?
Can we wait till after dinner?
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddy View Post
having my KTM slide out from under me and then sliding into a tree was nice, dislocated shoulder, 3 fractured ribs, fractured wrist, broken nose, 4 stitches and a fractured cheek. Just down the road from V3 RA's house
Then a chiropractor smashing me in the back for about 2 months.
riding in the national park is a no no!!

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 10-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

renal biopsy, you're awake for the whole thing and its like having a capgun go off inside your kidney and it rattles through every other organ
Old 10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Sign me up!
Small snail syndrome

Wozzernux at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wozzernux

+1 for pilonidal sinus, copped one when I was 18 and couldn't sit on a chair properly or drive for a couple of weeks.

Never had stitches or broken any bones, but have had my fair share of sharp blade and blunt force injuries from working on cars and stuff, have dropped a soldering iron but caught the handle end like you're supposed to!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

havent really experienced too much pain or accidents

but prolly when i stepped on a cobbler fish in gero, killed for ages, big needle in the foot to numb the pain for two days

hurt more then when i broke my leg or nose.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Some narly stories here. Most of my injuries are stupid car related ones that are fairly minor.

Although I did break my right ring finger a few years ago in a chamois fight. Tangled it in my mates sleeve and we both went seperate ways. Never did get it checked. Got a good bend in the end of it and changing gears interesting for a week or two.

Also changed a waterpump on the LX last night whilst my daughter played in the car. I had my ear resting on the horn when she decided to sit on the steering wheel. That was fun.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

1. Getting my Tonsils out 2 years ago. Dr. Said they were the biggest tonsils he had ever removed in his 20+ years of doing it. Had me in so much pain for 5 days. Hemorrhaged on day 3, back to hospital with quite a lot of blood loss.

2. Walking bare foot on a building site when I was 14, had a stick fly up and stab the top of my foot and lodge itself in between my foot and ankle join. Pulling it out like a tough guy, then going for a swim in the Waroona Dam a day later saw me in hospital for almost a month with my foot elevated and having emergency surgery to cut the dieing flesh away on top of my foot as it was going gangrenous. Left me with the most awesome open wound after wards as the pus and shit had to drain, I could play the guitar with the open stitches and lay my little finger flush in the wound. If I find the photos I took, I will definitely post them

3. Getting a Robellini spike go under my 4th toe, gave me a bone infection, almost lost my toe, having the Dr. Take a biopsy and shoving Gauze up the end of the toe doused in Iodine.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

Evilliot at standard level
Unhappy bikes are dangerous

One from the Old man:

He suffers from Parkinsons disease (trouble keeping still as you would imagine)
September09
- He came off his push bike and broke his knee cap clean in half
- couldn’t keen his leg still all the way to the hospital
- doc has to straighten his leg to put into splint, old man bit his lip during, blood started running down his chest. Pain 10/10
- had to x-ray to confirm. He has Electrodes in Brain (Deep Brain Stimulation, DBS) connected to pace makers in chest - Reduces his shakes and side effects of the medication plus reduced drug use. Had to turn these off while in X-ray room, the instant they are off the legs start moving – injured leg no longer straight! Doc has to brace leg with straps to bench. Longest 5 minute X-ray ever. Pain 11/10
- DBS electrodes turned back on out of theatre, Leg muscles cramp up resulting in pain - pain makes cramps worse, turned into a vicious cycle, passed out - maximum dose of morphine administered no relief. Pain 13/10
-October09
-Surgery 1 - wire up Knee cap, small surface infection, treated with pain killers
Mid October09
- Returned to hospital with locked knee, Pain 7/10
- Surgery 2 - re-wired knee cap
End October09
- Returned to Hospital with Bone Infection, Pain 8/10
– Pip-line installed in arm through to Heart, strong antibiotics self administered by pump
Early January10
- Removed knee Cap and stitched back up.

Parkinsons is still giving the knee trouble - trying to keep his legs still is wearing him out (lost 35kgs)
I could only imagine, but the pain of moving a broken limb without controlling yourself must be excruciating!

KB Rallysport
Project 'Monte Carlo' , Pilot Elliot KB
Weekend Warrior - Renault Megan, Pilot Adrian KB
Old 12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilliot View Post
One from the Old man:

He suffers from Parkinsons disease (trouble keeping still as you would imagine)
September09
- He came off his push bike and broke his knee cap clean in half
- couldn’t keen his leg still all the way to the hospital
- doc has to straighten his leg to put into splint, old man bit his lip during, blood started running down his chest. Pain 10/10
- had to x-ray to confirm. He has Electrodes in Brain (Deep Brain Stimulation, DBS) connected to pace makers in chest - Reduces his shakes and side effects of the medication plus reduced drug use. Had to turn these off while in X-ray room, the instant they are off the legs start moving – injured leg no longer straight! Doc has to brace leg with straps to bench. Longest 5 minute X-ray ever. Pain 11/10
- DBS electrodes turned back on out of theatre, Leg muscles cramp up resulting in pain - pain makes cramps worse, turned into a vicious cycle, passed out - maximum dose of morphine administered no relief. Pain 13/10
-October09
-Surgery 1 - wire up Knee cap, small surface infection, treated with pain killers
Mid October09
- Returned to hospital with locked knee, Pain 7/10
- Surgery 2 - re-wired knee cap
End October09
- Returned to Hospital with Bone Infection, Pain 8/10
– Pip-line installed in arm through to Heart, strong antibiotics self administered by pump
Early January10
- Removed knee Cap and stitched back up.

Parkinsons is still giving the knee trouble - trying to keep his legs still is wearing him out (lost 35kgs)
I could only imagine, but the pain of moving a broken limb without controlling yourself must be excruciating!
holy fuck dude!

That's terrible. I am sorry to hear your dad has that disease. It has to be one of the worst diseases around if you ask me.

Tags
experienced, pain, worst