Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco
Default Old people rant.......

So I get home from work today and find an anonymous letter in my letter box....

"Dear car owner,
Are you aware your VERY noisy car is disturbing the peace and pleasure of home owners in this vicinity, plus a lot of peoples sleep.

I imagine not - otherwise you might have done something about your noisy car - which you leave idling for 15 minutes at all hours of the day and night.

Please reduce the decibel level of your cars engine otherwise I will call the City of stirling and the POLICE"

First things first:

1. My car only ever gets idled down for 30 seconds at home...EVER!
2. 15 minutes!!!??? give me a break! (anyone have a 15 minute turbo timer!!!)
3. I live in a house on a large (duplex size block) car is parked behind house.
4. *YOU* leave your back sliding glass door open 24/7
5.*YOU* chose to build your house butted up against the back fence line
6. Perhaps you'd prefer I hosted parties every Friday and Saturday evening and blasted dance music until 12 am.

Has this person also noted the other 4 WRX's with in a 100m radius of this house....i think not.

Anyone in for a party????
Antilag faceoff???
DB Drags???

<[Rant Mode OFF]>
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

antilag.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

there always cunt in a gc8 that anti-lag my street at 4am every 2 weeks

my neighbour sometimes complain about my car and it always the same fucker next door...no other neighbours seems to care

probably because my garage is 4m next to his master bed room and me warming my car up at 7am hahaha
Old 04-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Beaveroverlord at standard level

hahahaha old people.... when will they learn.
jus rev hells loud til that person comes out to 'rant shinanigans at you', then bust out the ol 2x4

some people jus desirve to die, non subie lover such as that old codger are one of them.

haha dont tell the cops i said that
Old 04-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

did they leave confirmation of who they were ie address or name? or did they do the spineless job of anonymous letter??
Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
"Dear car owner,
Are you aware your VERY noisy car is disturbing the peace and pleasure of home owners in this vicinity, plus a lot of peoples sleep.

I imagine not - otherwise you might have done something about your noisy car - which you leave idling for 15 minutes at all hours of the day and night.
I'd gladly drop back a letter in their mailbox stating crap along the lines of: my car is NOT the problem in this given situation. It satisfies ALL requirements and regulations as required by the government/depertment of transport for which you voted for. As far as im concerned perhaps it is you that has the problem and are a light sleeper, i'd recommend seeing a doctor in this case as i don't think it is normal that a 4 cylinder car could easily wake up soo many people in my neighbourhood yet YOU are the only person to complain.

This letter is of course an exageration as was your original letter and THREAT for which you had written, much like leaving a car to idle for 15 minutes which is a joke/lie at the very least.

Blah Blah.. a somewhat educated letter that twists it back on them.. is always a winner!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Ross you're such a trouble maker

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 04-12-2008, 08:55 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Some people have no life.

My carport backs onto my neighbours bedroom (they are in their seventies)

I leave for work at 6am in the morning, and often arrive home at 10+pm at night, and in the five years since I've had the louder exhaust, they have never complained. (I have a Butler TBE with no resonator, so while it's not noisy, it's hardly whisper quiet either)

I asked the husband if my car was disruptive, and he said 'Well, I can hear it when you start up, but it isn't a problem'

Considering my exhaust is probably 300mm from his head, and he doesn't think to whinge, I think your neighbours must be full of it...
Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS
6. Perhaps you'd prefer I hosted parties every Friday and Saturday evening and blasted dance music until 12 am.
When I lived in suburbia I used to get wankers banging on my garage door and yelling "Shuddup!" over the fence when I used to work at night fixing and painting cars etc. I soon learned that if you turn the music up loud enough they will leave you alone until at least midnight, but have a compressor running at 9 PM and all hell breaks loose. Moral of story = Loud parties are tolerated, Cars are not.

All you can do is minisise the noise when you leave early ie; warm it up while idling up the road, not in the driveway.
If you come home late at night, idle the last km or so to allow you to shut it straight off when you get home. I wouldn't think that leaving for work at 7 AM is unreasonably early though. Do you know who the complainer is? Is there a neighbour who speaks with a Dutch accent perhaps?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
I'd gladly drop back a letter in their mailbox stating crap along the lines of: my car is NOT the problem in this given situation. It satisfies ALL requirements and regulations as required by the government/depertment of transport for which you voted for. As far as im concerned perhaps it is you that has the problem and are a light sleeper, i'd recommend seeing a doctor in this case as i don't think it is normal that a 4 cylinder car could easily wake up soo many people in my neighbourhood yet YOU are the only person to complain.

This letter is of course an exageration as was your original letter and THREAT for which you had written, much like leaving a car to idle for 15 minutes which is a joke/lie at the very least.

Blah Blah.. a somewhat educated letter that twists it back on them.. is always a winner!

Yeah I would do what Adz said... that way they feel belittled by your response and dont think your an uneducated "hoon"!

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen

Tags
people, rant