Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopGear
lol thought it was just my old man must be all dutch people.
Actually not all of them. Unfortunately I've studied the subject over a number of years and have found that the complaining gets exponetially worse with age. It usually starts around the time they start wearing those denim caps ~ 50 yrs. By the time they hit 60 every sentence starts with " Ven I Vos in Holland, vee allvays............"
Old 04-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

damo at standard level

yeh i never speed down my street and the guy at the end of my street always stands and stairs with what looks like his ooh face but never stoped to see if he likes the car or hates the noise so i tryed waveing when i see him but doesnt change his mood so i think he dont like it hahaha

oh and then my dad pissed him off when he borrowed my car he wanted to tell me he was home so he came flyin up the street lowd as hell so i could hear him from the shower hahaha
Old 04-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

on my mates place in canning vale...all the neighbours hates us as we stay till late night doing bush mechanic jobs on his r32 lol
and just down the street is where a police man lives always there in his patrol bike staring at us...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

A lot of people in my suburb have teenage / 20ish kids with WRXs, Silvias or V8 Commodores. Perhaps that's why they're more tolerant...
Old 04-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

This is the reply I've dropped in their letter box:

Dear Resident,

Please be advised that my vehicle complies to all current ADR's, specifically exhaust noise which has an upper limit of 90dba @ 6 feet.

My vehicle registers 87dba which, as you'll agree, is well within the legal requirements.

"Running for 15 minutes" --> I'm sorry, please try to get your facts straight. It's actually for 5 minutes in the morning, at aproximately 7:25- 7:30am (or possbily 7:20-7:25 if I'm running early) when I depart for WORK.

I'll also add; that as 99.5% of the population are also beginning their working day at this time I cannot, for the life of me, see any issue with a car being warmed up for a 5 minute period.

"Hearing you come and go at all hours"--> Have you nothing to do but track peoples every move?

Sorry, but until we live in a POLICE STATE and under CURFEW, I am free to come and go from my own property as / when I see fit.

Idle down time is always a maximum of 30 seconds at night time and ZERO after midnight.

Perhaps you would prefer me to host parties and play bassy dance music loud EVERY Friday and Saturday evening until 10pm (as permitted by LAW).

I see part of the solution in you closing your houses rear glass sliding door that, for some strange reason, you leave open 24/7.

You chose to build your house right up against the rear most boundry of your property and choose to leave that door open.......Yet noise from my property is an 'intrusion', please get some form of a grip on reality....

Oh, and next time that white corolla is parked on my verge, I'll have it clamped.

Here's my name and mobile number, if you wish to discuss this issue any further.

Sincerly,
Ross
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 04-12-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 PM
STI Master

wannabox at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS

Dear Resident,

Please be advised that my vehicle complies to all current ADR's, specifically exhaust noise which has an upper limit of 90dba @ 6 feet.

My vehicle registers 87dba which, as you'll agree, is well within the legal requirements.

"Running for 15 minutes" --> I'm sorry, please try to get your facts straight. It's actually for 5 minutes in the morning, at aproximately 7:25- 7:30am (or possbily 7:20-7:25 if I'm running early) when I depart for WORK.

I'll also add; that as 99.5% of the population are also beginning their working day at this time I cannot, for the life of me, see any issue with a car being warmed up for a 5 minute period.

"Hearing you come and go at all hours"--> Have you nothing to do but track peoples every move?

Sorry, but until we live in a POLICE STATE and under CURFEW, I am free to come and go from my own property as / when I see fit.

Idle down time is always a maximum of 30 seconds at night time and ZERO after midnight.

Perhaps you would prefer me to host parties and play bassy dance music loud EVERY Friday and Saturday evening until 10pm (as permitted by LAW).

I see part of the solution in you closing your houses rear glass sliding door that, for some strange reason, you leave open 24/7.

You chose to build your house right up against the rear most boundry of your property and choose to leave that door open.......Yet noise from my property is an 'intrusion', please get some form of a grip on reality....

Oh, and next time that white corolla is parked on my verge, I'll have it clamped.

Here's my name and mobile number, if you wish to discuss this issue any further.

Sincerly,
Ross

Nicely done

"Usually. Some guys can only dribble while others can shoot three pointers, so it might not make any difference how far they shoot. But in my case, it does."
Old 04-12-2008, 11:55 PM
STI Master

Shinobiken at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyRS

Dear Resident,

Sincerly,
Ross
its good that you knew which letter box to drop a reply to, some people would leave a letter without the guts to tell people that it was them who wrote the letter.

good letter there, i like.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:40 PM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Champion! Thats the shit right there
Old 04-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

damo at standard level

hahahha snap
Old 04-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

I had the same happen to me a few years back, anonymous letter in the letterbox complaining about me warming the rex up in the morning, just ignored it and i never received another one, although the neighbours did move a couple of months later

Tags
people, rant